Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Salir.............

hmm can you post a link I know of the offshore warrior but thats the same thing as the Velocity Mono from MCR isn't it?

I was all wonder what this is then realized I have one already lol. maybe I should move this up the build schedule a bit.

Gotta love it. Posting links to the cheap copy of our boat. Oh well.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

well Sailr mine is from you guys I did buy it used but at least it came from minicat I have the tenshock eco from you guys as well and its a fun little boat. I like your stuff and will buy from you in the future.

I have Minicat and I know these are cheap in comparison and people will find a lot of stuff out there and do one of 6 things depending on their personality, taste, knowledge, price, who it's for etc:

1. Not buy it for whatever reason, cheap, knowledge of it's low quality, etc.
    2. Buy it and learn from it (cause that is all they can ever afford or want to pay)
    3. Buy it learn and sell it then go with something better like a Minicat etc.
    4. Buy it and like it just they way it as for what they get and fix up as needed if needed.
    5. Buy it for their kid and who cares, this hobby is expendable income for some and don't care but may have a cost limit.
    6. See this get an idea and find something else like it somewhere else (new manufacturers popping out all the time) and go for it

I can't condemn a company if they put out cheap copies that is just free enterprise. People like to buy and fix and upgrade. Heck some boats are not even that much upgradeable but people out there people have different personalities and like to tinker. People either learn and or they know it's not AS good as something else twice as much but for the price can have it for for their kid or tinker with for themselves. Not everyone can afford some boats and some lower cheap copies are a learning experience for some and a good way to start as the bug comes and goes. I have purchased some RC cars that I'm glad I didn't go all crazy with all trick out parts like I normally like to as they are just sitting there never been run as I got into boats. The same can be true for someone starting with boats it's a slippery slope.
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 01-24-2011 at 09:03 PM.

I feel Sailr's pain I used to make custom ink pens spent hours on them then some piece of garbage that needs a pen more than a shower offers me a buck for a pen. I got so sick of people thinking I should give them pens for free I closed shop I only make pens for family and friends now.

I have one of those Pens!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

enjoy it I found out tonight that the base hobby shop closed so I no longer have access to a lathe so its one of the last ones

Quote Originally Posted by hazegry View Post
    I feel Sailr's pain I used to make custom ink pens spent hours on them then some piece of garbage that needs a pen more than a shower offers me a buck for a pen. I got so sick of people thinking I should give them pens for free I closed shop I only make pens for family and friends now.
    I support Minicat 100% but that does not mean at the same time shunt everyone else that is also in the business to make a buck if the price is right for what you get. I would hate that someone sell my items (a copy) but at the same time if they are not the same quality I would not care as I know I have a better product for the price. But if they had the same product then obviously I'm not getting the best cost as a dealer. You can't stop people who want to be cheap and learn or be happy with what they got if they want the copy version.

That is what this board is all about, learning. If anyone searches they may find this post, find the other brand see that it was discussed and compared to Minicat and now they have learned about Minicat and now they may make their own decision, that is the point. I can't always push what I feel is best on people for many reasons or just say nothing, how is that being fair? What I may think is just may be someone else's cup of tea for the price.

I understand everyone wants to make a buck, but at the same time that does not mean it's taboo to say "look at what I found". Who says that is fair to the other guys? They may think the more expensive boats that they sell are a rip off. I'm neutral but see both sides and am fair to everyone but still have my own opinion if asked.

I have two Minicat boats, but if I wanted to get a cheap copy to kick around why not if I can, and with that why not someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    You guys crack me up. You will spend more making this little boat brushless than if you bought one slightly larger, already brushless! But there are those that like to tinker and more power to ya!
    I agreed...get a Velocity and be done with it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12