Thread: Typical note now days.....

Default Typical note now days.....

Sarah,
    I bought a 7-cell IB4200 WC matched Stampede hump pack from you a little while ago. I'm pretty sure I was the first to get a 7-cell Stampede hump pack from you guys. And, I see that you're actually using the 7-cell hump pack picture on your website that I sent to you guys via email. haha... I've been talking you guys up on the forums quite a bit, as I LOVE my battlepack!!! And, I imagine that you've had quite a few orders for Stampede packs as a result...

Anyway, one of the cells has fried on my pack, and I was wondering what your policies are in regards to a situation like this... It's certainly not within 7 days or still covered under warranty. But, since it's only one cell, I'd like to get the pack back up and running, instead of buying a new pack.

This is why we are going to quit making packs with NIMH cells

When the 400 IB3600 cells are gone, we will cease to make packs and sell loose NIMH cells for RC. I am done with it.

regards,
    Steve

Yup I agree...Quit now while you are ahead...Oh how it pains me to say that..

You can only bang your head so long against the wall before damage happens, I am at this point. My distributor was cussing me and calling me a liar today. I don't need this crap any longer. I don't screw people and won't.

Hmm, so this guy designed the hump pack? forward those emails to me, Ill talk to em in a language they can understand.

It's not his fault....hump packs do suck though.

Side by side and discharge trays is the only good way of running NIMH packs.

Thanks for being honest, to many companies do not care about their customers now.

Steve, 4200's do take more "care" than lower capasity cells though, that is a fact. I have seen more than a few cells vent, but that is the way it goes with 4200's I though. Lipo is the way to go if you can afford the up front cost. Not to say he shouldn't be upset for loosing a cells but don't they understand that venting cells are common place? Or am I missing the point?
    Last edited by lferguson; 04-10-2007 at 11:38 PM.

All joking aside, if its giving you grey hairs then move on, I appreciate your honesty on everything,and the great service.
    If you run across some good cells please let us know!

The product may change but the service will always be the same. Remember guys it's not the product it's the people behind it who make the difference. There is no doubt in my mind where the power for my boats will come from in the future.

Default IB4200 cells

I have been telling people for along time about how IB4200 cells just stop working and dead short. It's not if it's going to happen, it's when. The cell just goes to zero voltage and becomes a resistor and gets red hot. This cell can take the whole pack out. Recently IB made a huge batch of 25% rejected cells and sold them anyway. IB lost a huge customer during this period, and rightly so. IB told the customer that IB4200 cells needed to be aired in, they have a 2 week shelf life from the factory, can you imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by lferguson View Post
    Steve, 4200's do take more "care" than lower capasity cells though, that is a fact. I have seen more than a few cells vent, but that is the way it goes with 4200's I though. Lipo is the way to go if you can afford the up front cost. Not to say he shouldn't be upset for loosing a cells but don't they understand that venting cells are common place? Or am I missing the point?