Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooling more than the windings

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat26 View Post
    Have you considered a rudder with 2 pickups? That would be your easiest route to take.
    No I havent.But there is no water coming out of the discharge in the side of the hull using the rudder.I know for a fact nothings clogged.My junk venom ekos cat always discharged water using their brass tubes for pick-ups.I really dont understand why my Drifter isnt picking up water.If so its so little it cant be seen coming out.

I have been toying with another idea for after run cooling. I recently ordered a solar powered bird bath pump - my idea is to take a plastic 6 - pack cooler and mount the panel on top, the motor inside run cooling lines thru the walls. Then fill with water and ice when the boat comes off the water plug the cooling lines in & recirculate the water taking the heat with it!

Only problem I see is cloudy days!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    ...I really dont understand why my Drifter isnt picking up water.If so its so little it cant be seen coming out.
    Thing with water cooling is the water doesn't have to spraying 5 feet in the air for it to be working. Even a slight trickle means water is cycling through your system and is typically enough to do its job.

Take a small balloon and tape it over the water exit on your hull. Run it for 1 lap and bring it in. If there is water in the balloon then your system is working.

Jeff! COOL idea! yes the pun was intended, I use HV110 esc's in my HPR115 and I like the fact that when the boat in't at full speed it is still cooling the esc's. Has worked well for me so far. I still have water cooling on the 2 8XL's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    Tom at Octura still says a rudder with an inlet creates more drag than you know. Not sure I totally believe that.
    The faster the boat, the more drag is created.
    Tom's statement is TRUE.....
    but what are you going to do, you gotta cool your equipment somehow.....

Harry

I reccomend this article to alot of people. http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/inf...tercooling.php
    I'm gonna dissasemble my onyx 230 and take the fan, I'll keep it as together as possible so I can put a diff fan in if I use that charger again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12