Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "Soaring Stuff" 1/6 P-Limited Crackerbox Build.

Come to the Nationals and see it in person! Trust me those pictures don't do his work justice.

Looks great Rod will it be at the next race?? I cant wait to see it!

Absolutely gorgeous! Wow! If I build something that nice it becomes a shelf queen! Can't stand to see somebody run over it!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

You could put that in a concorse somewhere (like a show and take a prise!!!)
    Peter Eells; Fun, and Helping others To Have Fun!!!
    http://rcboatsbypetere.blogspot.com/
    RC.Boats.by.Pete@gmail.com

I LOVE HEMIS! Very nice build.

Thank you for the great comments, I like to race but I think I'm more of a builder at heart so I tend to go a little overboard with my builds. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    Come to the Nationals and see it in person! Trust me those pictures don't do his work justice.

Looks great Rod will it be at the next race?? I cant wait to see it!
    Thanks Sean, Who knows how long I'll have it, you know me anything can happen between now and the next race.

Default SoaringStuff 1/6 Scale Crackerbox Kits are Available Again!

We were persuaded to produce another batch of the 1/6 scale Crackerbox kits. They are boxed and ready to ship (as well as CNC router-cut custom stands). You can read all about it (and see a complete hardware listing, with individual links to the Offshore Electrics store) at www.soaringstuff.com/crackerbox/ and www.soaringstuff.com/crackerbox-parts/

Four years ago, the first prototype hull went to Dick Roberts, who took it to the first provisional National Championship in Greeley, Colorado.... and won the event. The kits are all CNC router cut (with no burnt laser cut edges), and have complete instructions for building a simple jig to assure that your boat comes out straight and true.

If you're not into competition, this boat makes a nice sport boat to entertain yourself and the kids, and it's SCALE! You can add a driver and mechanic figure, a V8 engine, etc. and really doll it up for scale realism, or you can go more basic and concentrate on performance.

The 1/6 scale Crackerbox boat kit is $85.00 (including shipping to U.S. addresses) and the stand kit is $20.00. (We'll include the stand in the same carton as the boat kit, so there is no additional shipping charge. (We can't imagine why anyone would buy the stand without also buying the boat....???)

We're putting one of the kits together now, and will post some photos here of the progress, including the hardware installation. If you think you might be interested in having one of these kits, please act now, as there really is a limited number available.

Here's a couple of photos of the SoaringStuff Crackerbox kit parts, and the assembled hull.....
    CompletedWoodHull_WEB.jpgFull Kit with Callouts_WEB.jpg

Ploy Want a Cracker?
    Peter Eells; Fun, and Helping others To Have Fun!!!
    http://rcboatsbypetere.blogspot.com/
    RC.Boats.by.Pete@gmail.com

Son of a gun. I just bought Rod Sanata's 's original Hot Stuff 1/6 cracker. Is your kit exactly the same? I thought that his was scratch built from his own plans.

BTW - the recommended Seaking ESC only goes up to 3S lipo, not 4S.
    Last edited by zooma; 04-10-2016 at 11:03 AM.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

I "Think" (always a dangerous thing for me to attempt.....) that Rod built two very similar Crackboxes at about the same time. One was his own, scratch-built design, and one was from one of our kits.... You can probably check out his build thread (earlier in this same thread) and determine which one you have.....

Here's a photo of the SoaringStuff 1/6 scale Crackerbox hull (Primed, and about ready to be painted) resting in the optional CNC cut stand. We're still accepting orders for this run of kits, so don't wait too long......

IMG_3083.jpg

IMGP0378.JPG I've got a part left over from the frame up and have no idea what or where it is supposed to be mounted:
    Can anybody tell me what it is?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234