Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 52" G Freak needs more power

Default 52" G Freak needs more power

gfreak sell the hull and hardware for 700 with crap motor esc and very crap prop
    its not going to bad for its size with a half decent motor and esc prop miye be somthing any ideas?????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf67Pk6xNcQ

Nice hull, but no way its going 35-40mph. More like 20-25mph.
    What can be used to make it faster is really upto someones budget. Anywhere from a new 1521 motor to a 2215.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

roflmao
    were to they come up with this crap, "stage 5 high voltage" hmm 5s, and its a 52" cat wth
    if thats stage 5 whats stage 1, a ice cream bucket with a rubber band powered prop
    "no expenses spared we even water cooled the battries" water cooled batteries
    "no expenses spared" hmm plastic prop
    "35-40 mph" more like 20mph, can see the reason they dont do a straight line run

why do all these places that do adverts for boats always have some body driving that has no clue on running a boat

sorry but no wonder people buy a boat and get discouraged when idiots like that are out there selling crap

To be fair Ozzie, I am sure it was doing 40mph in the car on the way to the lake maybe even more !!

just hope the guy driving the car wasnt the same guy who was running the boat.
    think he was drunk.

any way sorry to jack a thread

maybe a good canidate hull for a neu 1900zr, 120 amp hv esc, 10s

try out the little screamer that ose has now..
    "FE" STANDS FOR FRUSTRATING EXPLOSIONS

It's a shame there are companies out there that sell stuff that is really pretty and sexy but there's nothing under the hood! Kinda like a date with a really sexy girl only to find out she's really a guy in drag!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I do have to give them credit for showing a video of it. There are many, many companies that make wild claims and never give any detail to what they are selling.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I agree. That's why we have a video of each of our boats on our website.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    I do have to give them credit for showing a video of it. There are many, many companies that make wild claims and never give any detail to what they are selling.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Well said, Bro ! I've watched several unfortunately gullible new boaters launch their new, beautifully decaled high dollar RTR's and see the look on their face go from joy to dissapointment as the latest boating fraud barely gets on plane. Then again, the name " G-Freak" says it all, if you know what I mean

QUOTE=ozzie-crawl;159134]roflmao
    were to they come up with this crap, "stage 5 high voltage" hmm 5s, and its a 52" cat wth
    if thats stage 5 whats stage 1, a ice cream bucket with a rubber band powered prop
    "no expenses spared we even water cooled the battries" water cooled batteries
    "no expenses spared" hmm plastic prop
    "35-40 mph" more like 20mph, can see the reason they dont do a straight line run

why do all these places that do adverts for boats always have some body driving that has no clue on running a boat

sorry but no wonder people buy a boat and get discouraged when idiots like that are out there selling crap[/QUOTE]
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

like all rtf's, they need a lot of work. one man's perception of "no expense spared" is quite different than another man's.

I'll say nothing about the power system as not everyone wants a 60mph boat, but that motor mount is the most hideous thing I have ever seen.

This is one of those cases where you don't get what you pay for.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    I'll say nothing about the power system as not everyone wants a 60mph boat, but that motor mount is the most hideous thing I have ever seen.
    HAW !!! … Just what a flex cable system needs - - a motor that’s attached with flexible rubber mounts.
    With any kind of higher power applied, that cable will probably transform into a wad of wire. Oops !!!

these are the same guys that were advertising with that chick in the tub!

Its pretty.....

Wonder if they'd sell a hull...

it looks like the motor mount has bits of foam or plastic stuffed under each side to stop it moving around, 1 bolt either side

its just obvious they know stuff all about boats and people are going to lay down there $$$$ for something thats not rite.
    no not everyone wants a 60 mph boat but it should at least get on plane
    it wouldn't necessarily cost a lot more to do it rite, just some actual knowledge of boats

the only thing it has going for it are
    looks and room inside the motor mount is only held in 2 spots and it swings around never seen before not sore on the rudder two?

I think the winning line was

" As you can see with the EXTENSIVE plumbing here, EVERYthing, we've spared no expense, EVERYthing is watercooled in this boat, including the batterys."

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Xcesive8 View Post
    I think the winning line was

" As you can see with the EXTENSIVE plumbing here, EVERYthing, we've spared no expense, EVERYthing is watercooled in this boat, including the batterys."

LMAO

yes they spared no expense, here is a cost break down

hull $100
    hardeware $40
    motor $20
    esc $30
    prop $0.10
    cooling line $509.90

Man, I just have to get me some of that cooling line !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Man, I just have to get me some of that cooling line !!!!!!!
    sorry andy you cant have any unless your boats complie to "stage 5"

How do I get there ? Stage 5 that is. Man I have Whiplashes, Raptor rigger, scratch JAE rigger, self righting DF33, Wild things and even a bloody big noisy smelly gasser but I could not possibly get to stage 5 !! Oh how nice it would be to get to that dizzy height !! The absolute pinnacle of our hobby

someone said theres a stage 6 i think they mean 6s it seems to hardcore for me
    i think stage 12 is in order 12s

i heard a rumour that a stage 6 cat was taken to a open s.a.w event
    problem being once it was dropped in the water it was so fast that the timimg gear couldnt record a time.
    a friend sent me a top secret photo of this stage 6 cat after its run
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is probably the best looking cat on this site...

For those that didnt look into there other video's for more ***** and giggles.
    Check this out!

IT GETS BETTER!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MERIDIAN.../5/AZPlim37xDs

I could close my eyes and just listen to this and still piss myself laughing lol
    Im off to modify my hatch on my HPR, thanks to Gfreak it will run cooler on hot days this way, and no water will get in anyway.
    Incase of Gfreak withdrawls, heres another good fix of prime knowledge :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx9k1ba2G38

Can't someone report this guy somewhere as a scammer, it would save a lot of money to the newcomers to the hobby...

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie-crawl View Post
    yes they spared no expense, here is a cost break down

hull $100
    hardeware $40
    motor $20
    esc $30
    prop $0.10
    cooling line $509.90
    You forgot to mention the "Foam blocks to keep the motor mount from banging through the hull" option as well as the
    " Centering the drive cable in the stuffing tube" delete option. Then there's the bar tab incurred while drinking away the dissapointing feeling after realizing one just blew $ 700 on this psuedo FE.

At the very least the " G-Freak Homies " should throw in a calendar to clock the speed of this thing
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast