Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1/8 scale miss elam

Default 1/8 scale miss elam

Just sharing if anyones interested... If it doesn't sell send me a PM and an offer. Theres 6 watchers as of now. I picked up 2 of these at a better price than if i was to buy just one, so its up on ebay ... freek'n' killer boat but i dont have the room for two of these on my work bench...starting list price at $325.00 buy now 375.00 SHIPPED (u.s. only ) http://cgi.ebay.com/1-8-scale-Miss-E...item335a10885a if you wanna see more pics pm me w/ email addy..S O L D !!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wolf IV; 02-17-2010 at 12:34 AM.

Here's what you can do with these bad boys:
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=11758

Quote Originally Posted by j.m. View Post
    Here's what you can do with these bad boys:
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=11758
    AH HA!! JUST WAIT AND SEE... I HAVE ONE MORE BUILD INFRONT OF IT THAT WILL GO UP HERE SOON. BUT YES, IM GONNA MAKE THAT RED ONE AS FAST AS I CAN... NOT SURE WHERE ILL RUN IT .. BUT WHO CARES

Just letting people know incase they didn't catch Randy's thread.

dude!! this vid is in my favorites !! i love this clip... think his cg was too far back?? i do.. fast scale boat! brushed motor too ,,
    Last edited by wolf IV; 02-13-2010 at 08:59 PM.

You can see in the slo mo that the wind picks up. As soon as he hits the ripples, that bad boy lifts right off!

clearly too!! and look at that great big lake all to himself!!! not fair!!!

Talking

I wish i could afford that hull,i would convert it to electric .
    Last edited by rchippie; 02-13-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf IV View Post
    dude!! this vid is in my vavorites !! i love this clip... think his cg was too far back?? i do.. fast scale boat! brushed motor too ,,
    I think your right on about with the cg.
    If you look at 34seconds into the video you can clearly see the hull lift about 2" out of the water, and only the prop and turn fin are in the water
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

yeah i saw that, Ive analized the video 50 times or so... im definantly going electric as i own ( ONLY) have fe boats but only due to the noise........

Quote Originally Posted by rchippie View Post
    I wish i could afford that hull,i would convert it to electric .
    i wish you could too

i wish you could too
    I did send you a pm the other day with a offer . But i never heard back . what do you think it would cost to convert this ?.

Quote Originally Posted by rchippie View Post
    I did send you a pm the other day with a offer . But i never heard back . what do you think it would cost to convert this ?.
    not much in cost as the hull is emty. it only needs to be water tight ( your ingenuity) and ballast the front for correct cg.. their really is no conversion. Hey im really sorry for not responding!!! i need to fund the build for the other hydro w/ the sell of this one. Ive got 7 lookers on the sell as of now..

not much in cost as the hull is emty. it only needs to be water tight ( your ingenuity) and ballast the front for correct cg.. their really is no conversion. Hey im really sorry for not responding!!! i need to fund the build for the other hydro w/ the sell of this one. Ive got 7 lookers on the sell as of now..
    No problem good luck with you sale .

so you are sayin you got a little more space in the hull than the 1/12th scale version? gorgeous... I hear ya about room on your workbench, just wait until we move into a real house with a 2 car garage AND a shop!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by jesse j View Post
    so you are sayin you got a little more space in the hull than the 1/12th scale version? Gorgeous... I hear ya about room on your workbench, just wait until we move into a real house with a 2 car garage and a shop!
    oh man then its all over yeah, pretty good space in these!

What would you run for lipo's in this size boat 4's, 6's or 8's of higher ?.

10-12s most likely.
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
    10-12s most likely.

i thought 6s & maybe a 1515-1y castle/neu .

you probably wouldn't get much more than scale speeds with that set up
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    you probably wouldn't get much more than scale speeds with that set up

what would scale speeds be in your opinion ?.

The 1515 is much too small of a motor for this hull. I would run the littlescreamers outrunner on 10 or 12s, it will fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    The 1515 is much too small of a motor for this hull. I would run the littlescreamers outrunner on 10 or 12s, it will fly!
    That would scream!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

If i could get decent speed out of a 6s setup . I would be real interested in this .

I dont think so! I was even wondering if my 1527 1y would push her on 8s, hints the "hi-model 200 " thread i started. Most likely will go for a 2215 1.5 or 1y on 8s or 2y on 12 s with the m-2000. I think i like the last set up the best ..?

I dont think so! I was even wondering if my 1527 1y would push her on 8s, hints the "hi-model 200 " thread i started. Most likely will go for a 2215 1.5 or 1y on 8s or 2y on 12 s with the m-2000. I think i like the last set up the best ..?
    Thats a bummer i guess i will have to go with the 1/12 scale version . That hull just looks so bad a## .

Im not sure what speeds you want but when they said scale speed thats like 20 mph on the set up you mentioned. This is alot of hull!! Advantages and disadvantages. Smaller= $cheaper but harder to work inside. Kinda like the dif. Between working on a honda accord and a peterbuilt. Ive done both for several years and they both have tgood and bad things...

Im not sure what speeds you want but when they said scale speed thats like 20 mph on the set up you mentioned. This is alot of hull!! Advantages and disadvantages. Smaller= $cheaper but harder to work inside. Kinda like the dif. Between working on a honda accord and a peterbuilt. Ive done both for several years and they both have tgood and bad things...
    what kind of setup would it take to get around 30 -35 mph ?.

You got me bud? Ive yet to build a boat this size.i would think the 1527 1y on 6s would get you there.. But someone else with more experience with the larger hulls will know more. I like pushing the limits so light set ups arent my specialty :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast