Thread: Gutted my apache need some advice on what to do next!!!

Default Gutted my apache need some advice on what to do next!!!

Ok here are some pics

Ok since these pics I have used great stuff to fill the front with foam. My questions are on the mounting of the motor mount can someone tell me the best way to do this? Could I just epoxy it in place?

Also SweetZ28 can you link me to the stuff i need to convert it to flexshaft?

Illz,

Since you haven't received any replies and I have done this conversion, I thought I would help you out.
    Before you do the conversion, there are a couple of things that you may want to address, depending on how fast you want to go and how well you want this boat to handle.
    If you are wanting to convert it to brushless, which I recommend, you will be at least doubling the speed of this boat if not tripling. When you do that you will quickly see that the boat doesn't handle too well when turning. The steerable outdrive tends to make the boat hook when turning at the faster speeds, causing it to flip. I would recommend using a separate prop strut and rudder for better handling.
    Now with that said, it really depends how far you want to go with this boat.
    Here is the list of parts I used in my conversion:

Gutted the interior
    Feigao 10L
    11.1V 4500mah lipo battery
    Hacker 70P ESC
    Novak FM Receiver
    7/32" brass tubing
    Octura .130 flex cable with 3/16" x 1/8" propshaft, drive dog and prop nut. Part # oct-oc64pkg
    Octura 5mm x .130 hex coupler
    Hyperformance 3/16" prop strut with bushings
    Proboat Fastech rudder and bracket
    Octura Y534 plastic prop

I used a piece of fiberglass to reinforce the the motor mount area since it was a weak area.
    I also removed the existing brass stuffing tube and re-ran the 7/32" stuffing tube with a bend in it so that it is parallel with the prop strut. This required cutting away at some of the plastic that the factory stuffing tube was run in.

I have not run it since I have finished the conversion to the prop strut and rudder. But I am hoping that it will handle much better than with just the outdrive.

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Brad
    SoCal Fast Electrics|H&M Drifter S-CC1512/4S/T180A|Aeromarine Scorpion 32"- UL-1/4S/HM200A|Insane 34- CC1515 1Y/4S2P/T180A|BK Bandit S-CC1515 1Y/4S2P/T180A|Insane FE30 UL-1/4S/ETTI 150

TY TY TY Brad I will start working on it again as soon as i can thanks for the info