Thread: Tired of losing fins on my UL-1

Default Tired of losing fins on my UL-1

I've lost 3 fins in the past few months. Almost every time my boat flips there goes another fin. I know there suppose to be breakaway but I have yet to find one that I lost

So now I made a bracket that is similar to my Red Revo's setup.

IMG_3105.JPGIMG_3106.JPGIMG_3109.JPG

Just put electrical tape on them like you would tape down a hatch. They will stay.

i always taped mine down never been a problem even when the boat blew over and destroyed the right sponson end cap where the turnfin mounts, i think its was a weak point for the early ones.

Got rid of mine...makes no difference in handling.

Yeah..............just leave it off.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Got my used UL-1 with fishing line tethered drilled through the back of each fin and attached to the strut. Haven't had it on the water yet though :). But apparently it works because I didn't even get the nose with the boat lol :).
    Kyosho K.I.T.T.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2NR View Post
    Got my used UL-1 with fishing line tethered drilled through the back of each fin and attached to the strut. Haven't had it on the water yet though :). But apparently it works because I didn't even get the nose with the boat lol :).
    What happens when a fin comes off and tangles in the prop?

Toss those fins....

I already gave the simple solution. I flipped mine about 190 times and never lost em once, just by putting tape over the edges.
    Instead I'm seeing brackets and friggin fishing line nonsense. Good lord

lol I just got the boat with them. Didn't say it was a fantastic idea lol. But ya I think I will be doing the double side and tape method. I cleaned off all the old stuff and it should be OK. I liked the idea of not having to hunt for a small low profile object in the water if you did lose them but don't think they are worth ruining a drive line.
    Kyosho K.I.T.T.

X2 on the taping......I like the look of them too much to just leave them off
    VS1 FE - UL-1 - Motley Crew - Miss Geico - Kintec Prince - Rio 51z - 1/16 Summit - 1/10 Summit - Ken Block Rally - Kyle Busch Truck - Losi Mini SCT - BL E-MAXX - Assoc FT SC10 - Wild Willy - Clodbuster - Sand Scorcher......

Just saw this thread and had an idea.

Maybe the fins could be held firm in place with an elastic like object (like an elastic).
    Having the elastic type material fixed into the fin, and the bottom of it fastens to the designated area of the hull.
    So instead of it getting knocked off, it will flop over and jump back into place when the pressure has decreased.

What made me think of this was hand held thumb activated toys from ages ago where the (lets say) Zebra character stood stiff and straight up on its base. Pushing into the bottom with your thumb would release the tension on certain parts it was fixed to causing it to collapse or move around. Then when the thumb was removed (pressure released), it snapped back into a rigid figure.

Notice in the [sad] illustration of a hook. That part could mount to the hull, then extending the elastic to make the connection.
    Possibly a good idea for the Aquacraft R&D department?

solution.jpg