Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin and Her Cheat Notes...lol

Here is a reasonably hot Republican/Conservative who I do not think is a crazy loon:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_453778.html
    Don't get me started

Why'd you pick foreign aid, Bill? Only data you could find to support your point of view? That would make you look like a climate "scientist." :D

I was referring to how much money the citizens spend on helping other people, be it through donations to charity (churches, rescue missions, Boy Scouts, etc.) or involuntary help (welfare, redistribution of wealth taxes, etc.), and within families (helping with medical bills, nursing home care, etc.).

Remember, there's a huge difference between GDP (which is a measure of business) and take-home pay.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Palin is such a turn on for me...that office girl secretarial look gets my juices flowing ...I don't care what she says
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    Palin is such a turn on for me...that office girl secretarial look gets my juices flowing ...I don't care what she says
    You were paid by some Lib activist group to say that, weren't you...

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    You were paid by some Lib activist group to say that, weren't you...
    lol now way dude ...no one has to make me say that...I am truly mesmerized by this women.....I am like a deer in the headlights every time I see her
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    Why'd you pick foreign aid, Bill? Only data you could find to support your point of view? That would make you look like a climate "scientist." :D
    Nope, just chose one that was readily available and measurable. Yours are far harder to prove, and thus easier to assert without fear of contradiction!

But since you have questioned my citation might I ask you to provide a reference that supports your assertion?
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    lol now way dude ...no one has to make me say that...I am truly mesmerized by this women.....I am like a deer in the headlights every time I see her
    Does this mesmerize you too...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    Yours are far harder to prove, and thus easier to assert without fear of contradiction!

Come on, Bill... just because they are harder to prove, doesn't make them any less true, or accurate.

One could also justly argue that by picking the simpler example, you are way over-generalizing, and therefore, making some pretty big assumptions... Something, by the way, that seems to get done a LOT lately in this current administration.

People need to stop thinking that the easy to achieve answer is the right one!

I could have sworn i watched that on fox. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. I'll have to work on that.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

HOW freaking childish and embarrasing for a US Government official to act in this manner:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...and-jab-palin/

Yup... Sure making us proud!

HOW freaking childish and embarrasing for a US Government official to act in this manner:

LOL... this is scary! Palin is having the opposite effect, they are all assimilating to the Borg.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

I think this is what Bill was referring to. The scrutiny should apply to all. Not just one side. Granted the press secretary shouldn't be engaged in this types of behavior. If it's embarrassing for one, then it's embarrassing for all.
    Government Moto:

I pesonally just think it's funny. I could care less how you get your notes. It's funny to me just because she made it way too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    I think this is what Bill was referring to. The scrutiny should apply to all. Not just one side. Granted the press secretary shouldn't be engaged in this types of behavior. If it's embarrassing for one, then it's embarrassing for all.
    Dom,

You seem to miss the point here... Everyone who gets up in front of people uses notes... note cards, note pages, teleprompters... The level to which each contributes to the speakers message varies... Reminder notes or a list of talking points still allows a free flowing of thoughts... A speach read word for word from a teleprompter, where the speaker can't even correctly pronounce "corps", then one has to question just how insightful and "in grasp" of the topic the speaker actually is...

My point with my posting this was that the White House should NOT be involved in this type of petty, childish, and "MSNBC-ish" mocking of people, parties, or anything else, for that matter. How completely unprofessional.

MSNBC-ish, I think you mean FOX-newsish! Fox criticizes EVERYTHING that O does and says. And when they feel the need to, they "interpret" or "analyze" everything he says to make it a negative. It is a fact. I watch FOX, but not for long. I usually start out laughing, but then get annoyed with their BS and switch to a more realistic news. One that will tell me facts and what people actually say instead of what they think about it.

Come on, Bill... just because they are harder to prove, doesn't make them any less true, or accurate.
    So, then why not provide the information or cite the sources that support the idea?? Just thinking it is true, or wishing or saying it is true is not the same thing as actually proving it is true.

One could also justly argue that by picking the simpler example, you are way over-generalizing, and therefore, making some pretty big assumptions... Something, by the way, that seems to get done a LOT lately in this current administration.
    Well, actually I provided links and information on the most widely accepted metric for measuring how generous a nation is. I have been met with criticism for choosing a simple method or by some saying that this is not what they were talking about. But what I have not seen is one single shred of verifiable evidence that contradicts my statement or supports Andy's.
    Don't get me started

Dom,

You seem to miss the point here... Everyone who gets up in front of people uses notes... note cards, note pages, teleprompters...
    True. So then please explain why Palin and many others like Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, O'Reilly, Beck, and most of Fox feel it is somehow necessary to mock Obama for doing exactly what you just said was the case???

Do you not understand that people are not so much mocking Palin for using notes as they are for criticizing her for first mocking Obama for using a teleprompter and then having freaking notes written on HER hand?
    Don't get me started

True. So then please explain why Palin and many others like Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, O'Reilly, Beck, and most of Fox feel it is somehow necessary to mock Obama for doing exactly what you just said was the case???

Do you not understand that people are not so much mocking Palin for using notes as they are for criticizing her for first mocking Obama for using a teleprompter and then having freaking notes written on HER hand?
    So this is what Bill was referring to. Essentially, "If you're living in a Glasshouse, don't throw no stones." That was quoted from the song "Glasshouse" on the album Masterpeace by "The Temptations"
    released 1974.
    Government Moto:

Well, actually I provided links and information on the most widely accepted metric for measuring how generous a nation is. I have been met with criticism for choosing a simple method or by some saying that this is not what they were talking about. But what I have not seen is one single shred of verifiable evidence that contradicts my statement or supports Andy's.
    Thats not a good enough measure to make any judgement. You better then anyone Bill know this to be true. What nation responds to global disasters immediately? Most of the times single handedly without NATO or UN collaboration. Rarely a concerted effort between nations. While our dollar amounts may not seem equatable to other nations based on GDP. Our military presence, which costs us taxpayers plenty, assures that the Red Cross and other relief agencies arrive, provide services, aid in rebuilding, and most importantly allow organizations to bring in their resources in a safe and efficient manner to provide those who are in despair. They are the first ones there in numbers who are capable.

I do believe a recent earthquake is more then enough evidence to show we are a nation of givers and will tackle problems before the rest of the world acts effectively. Now you if want to tally the global dollar amounts and use that as a scale to judge the society we are? Thats your choice.

John

Gibbs should have been fired a 8-10 months ago. My 14 year old son can do more to get the message out than him.
    Steven Vaccaro

So, then why not provide the information or cite the sources that support the idea?? Just thinking it is true, or wishing or saying it is true is not the same thing as actually proving it is true.

Some things simply cant be measured. Point in fact, there have been several times since this forum has been active that people have come forward to donate money to individuals and the military. Those donations were not ever "documented" anywhere.
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    Essentially, "If you're living in a Glasshouse, don't throw no stones."
    And the corollary: People who live in grass houses should not stow thrones.
    Don't get me started

Government Moto:

As long as there are "teams", never.

Not until we remove ALL their as*** from Office. http://www.kickthemallout.com/
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Carter was the Lowest and Clinton was reducing what the Actor, daddy Bush and his son Neil Bush debacle created. But it looks like Obama can't get a hold of what Buffoon Bush let loose.

But according to a lot of Reps. Carter was an idiot... Why would they say that?
    Government Moto:

The Last of the Mohicans was "IKe" every other Republican was a crook, Sonny boy Bush drained the dregs out of the barrel.

Eisenhower's farewell address audio, http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ll_address.ogg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast