Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin and Her Cheat Notes...lol

Default Sarah Palin and Her Cheat Notes...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtcVM...ayer_embedded#

Am I shocked? No! no matter how you paint it, a rock is still a rock. I guess she was trying to convince the American people that she is truly fluid in her politics now; WITHOUT a teleprompter...lol. Stay away from this women people. Your gonna wear what you buy.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

So what about BO when the teleprompter goes off
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    So what about BO when the teleprompter goes off
    The difference between Crib Notes scribbled on you hand and using a teleprompter, is. With a teleprompter, at least the audience knows where your rhetorical fluidity is coming from. She tried to use clandestine tactics, in which she's to stupid to finesse her way through. Answering the question while looking at your palm and I guess she was counting her fingers.
    Last edited by RCprince; 02-07-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Personally I don't think she has enough experience to be running for President nor do i think BO had enough experience to run for the office and though I am a rightie I would not vote for her. Now if she ran for the senate and served a term or two there then i might think differently. So I guess she is on a low budget and can't afford the in ear radio that would feed her the info which is probably what a lot of politicians use in townhall meetings or interviews.

Jim
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Thats funny.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I was more amused by the stark hypocrisy of her taking Rahm Emmanuel to task for saying retard, but Rush can do it no problem. Rush is their Lord and Master and none shall dare to question the Great and Powerful Rush!!

The GOP, the party of "That's different". And no matter how many times they get caught in their hypocrisy they keep doing it and somehow get away with it.

But track this. The Righties criticize Obama for using teleprompters, which every President since the invention of TV has used. That's a sign of... well something.

But she can write notes on the palm of her hand like a high school girl, and well, OBAMA uses a teleprompter doesn't he??
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    But track this. The Righties criticize Obama for using teleprompters, which every President since the invention of TV has used. That's a sign of... well something.
    Ronald Regan didn't use teleprompters...

I love the way that EVERYTHING and ANYTHING the left proposes or does is the "Right Thing" to you guys... and you'll defend their actions and path right to the end...

By the way... I'd love to see ANY one of YOU get on any of these shows, or speaking engagements, and try to say ANYTHING fluid or intelligent under that spotlight.... I'd need some notes to, and BIG freaking deal if I had to write something on my hand at the last minute... Surely you can rip apart something better than that, right? Or is the "fluidity" of Janet Nepolotano, or Robert Gibbs, or even Obama when the power goes out, just sooooo great and blindingly superior that you just can't live with anything less...

Ronald Regan was an actor, so his whole presidency was about impromptu extemporaneous lines and ad-libs....lol. Regan is starting to sound like Peter, "He is the Rock on which I shall build this Party", not!

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    Ronald Regan was an actor, so his whole presidency was about impromptu extemporaneous lines and ad-libs....lol. Regan is starting to sound like Peter, "He is the Rock on which I shall build this Party", not!
    Spare me... He was a competent man of conviction who saved this country from the mess that Jimmy Carter created. The "Actor" is the guy who is currently trying to take us back to where Carter left off... No experience, no background, just a bunch of far left ideals that have never been proven to do anything the left thinks they will do...

The track record thus far speaks for itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Ronald Regan didn't use teleprompters...
    Really?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_210017.html

And Reagan was well known for his use of note cards, sort of the 19th century equivalent of the teleprompter. But that is not the point. The point is how often the right plays the game of 'do what we say, not as we do".

They criticize the left for something, and when caught doing the same, or worse, the response is "That's different".
    Don't get me started

I'd need some notes to, and BIG freaking deal if I had to write something on my hand at the last minute... Surely you can rip apart something better than that, right?

Perfect example of what I am saying. Please explain then why all the angst over Obama using a teleprompter. And of course, if there was a photo pof Obama with crib notes on his palm I am sure that Rush, Sean, Bill'O, and the gang would say "Big deal, everyone does that."

Thanks for making my point.
    Don't get me started

Bill,

I don't think there's any problem with Obama using a teleprompter per se. The problem is that, WITHOUT one, he babbles uncontrollably. He's overly dependent on it, on someone telling him what to say. The left criticized President Bush as being "just a mouthpiece" yet their own guy doesn't have the ability to annunciate intelligibly unless somebody is putting the words on a screen for him. That said, Obama is a very good reader.

Reagan was known for throwing his cards away (or teleprompter off) and THAT's when he'd give a great oration. He truly communicated.

Lincoln READ the Gettysburg Address. We had to memorize it - he didn't!

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Please explain then why all the angst over Obama using a teleprompter. .

"Obama is such a Great Orator".... "He's SUCH a GREAT speaker"... "He is so confident"....

I could go on, but I'm going to stop short of recalling the tingling up Chris Mathews' leg....

NO one is suggesting that Sarah Palin is the great speach maker of our time...

So, you see, I didn't MAKE your point at all...

You guys have Obama up on some pedastal as one of the great communicator of our time... Well... he's not... he's a great speach reader... and who knows who's writing that stuff... or who's pulling those puppet strings...

Darrin is the reason why it's so hard to talk to the right end of the political spectrum. One post and all of a sudden he's angry, cynical, sarcastic and fractious.
    -t

Quote Originally Posted by tharmer View Post
    Darrin is the reason why it's so hard to talk to the right end of the political spectrum. One post and all of a sudden he's angry, cynical, sarcastic and fractious.
    -t

I'm the reason, huh? Suddenly I'm bigger than Rush, Palin, and Hannity combined! RIGHT ON!!

Interesting... I don't feel that I was, or am, any of those things... certainly not angry... I think you are reading WAY too much into my posts, my friend...

Trying to paint people into that type of corner is another device of the Left... When you can't back your ideals... you go for the personal attacks and try to discredit the person instead...

If Sarah Palin isn't a threat to your agenda, WHY so much attention? Just let her fade away if she's irrelevant...

Is it her 15-minutes of fame, or the far lefts liberal movement, that's really over here???

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    Bill,

I don't think there's any problem with Obama using a teleprompter per se. The problem is that, WITHOUT one, he babbles uncontrollably. He's overly dependent on it, on someone telling him what to say. The left criticized President Bush as being "just a mouthpiece" yet their own guy doesn't have the ability to annunciate intelligibly unless somebody is putting the words on a screen for him. That said, Obama is a very good reader.
    You clearly missed the TV coverage of Obama taking questions from the Republican leadership conference last week. Totally off the cuff, no teleprompters, just him and a microphone.

Oh, that's right, Fox failed to cover that

Lincoln READ the Gettysburg Address. We had to memorize it - he didn't!

Andy
    Clearly an unfit President.
    Don't get me started

You guys have Obama up on some pedastal
    No pedestal here. He has disappointed me badly during his first year. But notice that I am not so much a fan boy as I am driven by demanding that people be consistent in their thinking.

So can we agree that something being wrong, or bad, or whatever is not contingent on which letter they have after their name??

Clinton, Edwards Spitzer, etc. All should be denounced for having affairs. Just as Gingrich, Vitter, Sanford McCain and so on should be.

It cannot be OK for Rush to use "retard" on the air, but Emmanuel cannot use it in private.

If deficits are bad, then they are bad regardless of if they came from Bush or Obama.

If judicial activism is unacceptable, then it needs to be unacceptable rergadless of whether it is a liberal of conservative judge.

This is what I am trying to make clear. We have to stop judging people, ideas and situations based on political ideology.

Ignorance and hypocrisy are the enemies of logical analysis and decision making.
    Don't get me started

What does all this have to do with the price of fried eggs in kentucky?
    Whether Obama reads from a teleprompter or not does not determine how good a president he is. He is trying hard to fix the problems that this country is going thru. Some of us may not agree with his policies but we do need to get beyond this juvenile bickering and scrutiny. He has his hand out for a lifeline from the people and the parties and all we can do is talk about how dirty his fingernails are.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

No pedestal here. He has disappointed me badly during his first year. But notice that I am not so much a fan boy as I am driven by demanding that people be consistent in their thinking.

So can we agree that something being wrong, or bad, or whatever is not contingent on which letter they have after their name??

Clinton, Edwards Spitzer, etc. All should be denounced for having affairs. Just as Gingrich, Vitter, Sanford McCain and so on should be.

It cannot be OK for Rush to use "retard" on the air, but Emmanuel cannot use it in private.

If deficits are bad, then they are bad regardless of if they came from Bush or Obama.

If judicial activism is unacceptable, then it needs to be unacceptable rergadless of whether it is a liberal of conservative judge.

This is what I am trying to make clear. We have to stop judging people, ideas and situations based on political ideology.

Ignorance and hypocrisy are the enemies of logical analysis and decision making.
    Bill, you are correct. There is no consistency. If these politicians spent as much of their energies trying to fix problems as they do blaming each other, we may have already had a budget surplus.
    Government Moto:

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    He has his hand out for a lifeline from the people and the parties and all we can do is talk about how dirty his fingernails are.

Dom... If that's really how you see him, then clearly there is something missing in your analysis...

He's trying to "Fundamentally transform this country" (his words, not mine), and many do NOT want it fundamentally transformed.

He's hardly the poster child for non-partison politics... He's doing what he has to do to keep the power on his side of the isle with as few losses in November as possible. NOTHING more... He's certainly not this Mr. Dudley Do-Right that you just portrayed him to be... not even close.

You clearly missed the TV coverage of Obama taking questions from the Republican leadership conference last week. Totally off the cuff, no teleprompters, just him and a microphone.

Oh, that's right, Fox failed to cover that
    Fox covered it. I watched it. If I remember correctly it was on Fox and Friends.
    Steven Vaccaro

He's trying to "Fundamentally transform this country" (his words, not mine), and many do NOT want it fundamentally transformed.
    He does know whats best for us.
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Fox covered it. I watched it. If I remember correctly it was on Fox and Friends.
    And less than a few minutes in to it they cut away so they could begin to tear it apart. The other networks covered it from start to finish and he got high marks from everyone (except Fox) on how well it went.

His exchange was 86 minutes long, but Fox cut away after 20 minutes.

Here it is if you are interested in what he actually said rather than what Fox says he said:

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/291730-1

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...atest+Items%29
    Don't get me started

I love all you guys...debates are wondeful. Who's running next for office here...I'll vote for ya!

But, you guys are missing the point.. Like I said first, the debate is not over who use reading assisted devices, it's about her trying to be sly and cunning, which she will NEVER be. She's Lights and Mirrors.

Writing crib note on you palm only means one thing, She had forehand knowledge of the Questions and they were gonna be asked in a certain order... I'm starting to think BUSH was a genius ever time I her this woman speak.

Grrrr, I'll kick myself in the butt for this. But like one guy commented online about her saying" Palin is like Danica Patrick, if She didn't have a " " no one would care"
    Last edited by RCprince; 02-08-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    No! FOX cut him off, seeing that the school boys was being taught a lesson.. FOX 'We can't have that. damn why didn't they elect a George Bush sounding democrat!"

Dom... If that's really how you see him, then clearly there is something missing in your analysis...

He's hardly the poster child for non-partison politics... He's doing what he has to do to keep the power on his side of the isle with as few losses in November as possible. NOTHING more... He's certainly not this Mr. Dudley Do-Right that you just portrayed him to be... not even close.
    Never painted him as a "Mr. Dudley Do-Right." I certainly don't agree with the way he has handled some issues. But what I do see is a bunch of grown folks acting like sulking children with attitudes just because they don't get things their way, right away. Both parties included. Don't believe what I'm saying? Look at the state of the union address. At least give the impression that you are will work things out...
    Government Moto:

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    Palin is like Danica Patrick, if She didn't have a " " no one would care"
    Dude... further proof of just how far out in left field you are coming from...

If Danica was ugly, and a lesbian, and could drive like she drives... you guys would be all over her...

I completely agree with RCprince on the Danica comparison. This is America, sex sells. I hear it all the time. "I'd F$*** her." A lot of idiots where I work would vote for her because, "she's hot." Sex, money, and religion. This is what matters to most Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Sex, money, and religion. This is what matters to most Americans.

OH Yah... That's JUST an "American" thing...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast