Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zippy and Turnigy Batteries?

Well get this. I had bought (6) Zippy Flightmax 5000mah, 40c, 4 cell packs about 2 months ago, all had 12 gauge wire...Just got in 3 more of the same packs about an hour ago...all had 8 gauge wire! Apparently Zippy listened to the complains of smaller wire than the matching Turnigy size packs. Pretty cool I think. Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friars View Post
    They list the balance tap as a JST-XH. is there an adaptor for that will work with an Hyperion charger?
    Yep, Hyperion makes taps for most battery manufacturers. Just do a Google search on "Hyperion XH" and pick a hobby shop.

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Well get this. I had bought (6) Zippy Flightmax 5000mah, 40c, 4 cell packs about 2 months ago, all had 12 gauge wire...Just got in 3 more of the same packs about an hour ago...all had 8 gauge wire! Apparently Zippy listened to the complains of smaller wire than the matching Turnigy size packs. Pretty cool I think. Mike
    I wouldn't doubt that Turnigys are just re labled Zippys

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post
    Get two similar Zippy and Turnigy packs, do a full charge-discharge cycle on your charger and you can see the difference.... I did.

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post
    not even close!!

Will do! I currently have Turnigy but will be trying Zippy. I will have both setups on a logger so no guessing. The HK line up makes lipos affordable. Even these china grade lipo will oust a big dollar nimh for very little money.

Just look on hk sight.. Tons of zippy's in stock, not very many turnigy's i n fact i havent been able to get any of mine for weeks now..... It will be interesting to see how they match up though.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf IV View Post
    Just look on hk sight.. Tons of zippy's in stock, not very many turnigy's i n fact i havent been able to get any of mine for weeks now..... It will be interesting to see how they match up though.
    Just got an e-mail alert from HK; 263 40C 4s 5000's in stock.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

The 2s 5000 40-50c are back in stock also!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12