Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Darin's Top Speed 2 FE Conversion...

Default Vs-1

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Joey Bro, I feel your pain. After building 2 TS-2's & having lots of trimming problems, I built a VS-1. It's faster & handles perfectly; corners FLAT. With all the work you're about to perform, why not just put the effort into a VS-1 ?
    OTOH, I'm going to rig the second TS-2 [JS-2] for an attempt at the NAMBA SAW P-OPC record {@60 mph] this year. Actually the VS-1 would be a better boat for SAW, but I don't want to take a perfect heat race boat & change anything.
    As an expert with the VS-1 hull, does it need "stumble blocks" to help cornering? I'm going to be setting one up here in NoCal.
    Thanks
    Last edited by bigwaveohs; 10-17-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by bigwaveohs View Post
    As an expert with the VS-1 hull, does it need "stumble blocks" to help cornering? I'm going to be setting one up here in NoCal.
    Thanks
    The VS-1 kit has the stumble blocks already bonded to the hull. First time I've been called an "expert" - you must have me confused with Darin or someone like him
    Set up correctly, the VS-1 totally rocks !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Peter, The VS1 comes with the stumble blocks already factory mounted. When you get my hull and get the motor and electrics dropped in, you will see what this boat can do! It turns on a dime! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Excellent!

opinions on this lower unit please....is a cavitation plate a must?

SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

no one have an opinion on no cav. plate?..........is that a no no.......really
    could use some feedback on this k&b modded outboard

you can hurt my feelings i can take it

I've never used one so cant be sure but I would have thought that if you have it mounted up high so it operates in surface drive mode I cant see how a cavitation plate would be of any use.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    I've never used one so cant be sure but I would have thought that if you have it mounted up high so it operates in surface drive mode I cant see how a cavitation plate would be of any use.

Makes good sence

I seem to remember a discussion of this on the IW outboard forum, but I can't locate it. If you post the question there I'm sure you'll get some answers. What I do know is that quite a few REK users have trimmed it off to run larger diameter props with good success, apparently.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678