Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Houston / Katy Area FE Club!

Starting to rain at the course. 9:45am. Does not look good.

Cool

Too bad you guys didn't come out. By 11:30 it was warm and sunny and the water was awesome! We ran boats until ~2PM and called it a day. We got several boats dialed in and others run for fun. I'll let y'all know when we'll get together next.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Wow, you guys waited it out eh? I had some other things on my list today and it looked like at least 1 to 2 hours of rain so I drove back home. Well on the bright side, we needed the rain and all my boats are ready to go next time.

Wow what a greAt place.... once the rain stopped that is.
    Thanks again Jay and Mike for the good time.

How does one sign up for this club?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I'll send out an e-mail with the contact info tomorrow.

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a boat!! It is a used, already setup AQ UL-1. It should be here in a week or so and I'll be able to test it in my pool!!

So, next month I guess you guys will all get to give advice on what I need to change on it. greatly appreciated. I'll keep you posted.

I am wondering if this weekend is a meeting? If so, when and where?
    The beauty of not knowing anything about FE boats is. . . You don't know when it is wrong, you just know it is fun!

There should be an outing this Saturday. Not sure if it will be at Katy or Crosby. However, I wont be able to make it this time as I will be in Seattle at the Seafair unlimited race in the Great Scott U22 pits. Would be nice to meet some of the Washington RC group if that were possible. Will also attend the Museum dinner on Thursday.

Tom Taggart

Have fun Tom, we'll miss you! AFAIK we will be in Katy - Jim?

s

Jay, anything up this weekend?

It will be scorching but I know that several members may want to run their new boats or ask questions about them, and I want to see them too. Right now if enough guys want to go I'll be at the Crosby pond around 10AM tomorrow for a couple hours at least. I'll need to hear from everyone interested before I leave, I'll send out an e-mail too. I'll not go just to be there by myself however.

Count me in. I'll see you at 10.

Tom T

Jay, the family just got back from socal yesterday, think I will stick close to home tomorrow.

Cool

Well, you guys missed some fun. Tom, Mike and I showed up and ran 3-4 times each and didn't have to launch the retrieval boat! That's a first.

While we had a good time, it was hotter than the surface of the sun. Really. We had to restrict the number of laps we ran or we'd have overheated everything.
    Water temp at surface was 90*F, not much cooling there! I drank several liters of fluid in just 2.5 hours and was still thirsty. Tom regaled us with stories about last weekend in Seattle where he was crewing for one of the Unlimited boats during SeaFair. How cool is that?

But FE boating with good friends, ya can't beat it!!

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post on. I recently made the transition to RC boating picking up an RTR Revolt 30.

Not a fan of RTRs but being new to this end of the RC genre I figure since the Revolt and the Impulse are both touted as the best two FE beginner to intermediate level RC'rs I figure I'd give it a whirl since I have two ammo cans of lipos ranging from small 450mah 30c 3s packs I used to use for competiton RC rock crawlers to several hard case gens ace 40C 5000mah packs and one big boy 6s single stack for my XO-1 killer build based off an OFNA DM-1 Spec E.

So that's a little about me I'm all electric now just sold my custom Baja OBR 27.5 SS 5b converted to a 5t a few months ago.

How often do you guys meet and where? I live in the southwest part of Houston. Sugar land if y'all are familiar with that area and there are a ton of lakes out here but nothing huge like lake Conroe or anything of that nature.

Interested in meeting your group and learning about the boating side of RC!

Alex we'd love to have you come out to a Saturday meet and show you around. We usually meet the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month in either Katy or Crosby. We run a variety of boats from RTR monos to 10S race boats to scale hydros. You can PM me for more details and look up our website on Facebook - see my signature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12