Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skunk Works 2nd Gen Cat Hulls... 5 Ready

SO do you all have different hulls or something??? Cause my SV stingers arent close at all??? Set all the way up, they hang about 3mm lower than the bottom of the sponson. Im going to have to go check things out again.... And I do have them ground flat. Thanks

I take that back.. 1.5mm lower

I could grind some of the stinger mount down and/ or notch the transom overhang a bit....

This doesnt make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    The HOR black ones fit. I drilled them out for 3/16 lead teflon.
    Ray, which version did you use, 1 or 2?

As for the SV's. looks like I can make them work w/ a little finess. Also, seems I will have to modify the adjustment slots in the stinger to allow it to at least get to a neutral position. Tiltes as high as it will go, its still quite negative. Did you SV stinger users have this issue as well?

Sorry for the pre-panic up there... its been one of those days.

Default 10 minute SV strut mod

Heres where Im at. Only if the stinger is in its most negative position will it clear the bottom of the hull. At its most positive angle, as I said before, it is still very negative and does not clear the bottom of the hull

So heres what I did. Flip the mount upside down and remove material to mirror the opposite end of the mount to allow the front face of the stinger tube to clear the mount bracket. It has to be filed a little deeper than what the factory side is in order to get the holes from the Stinger to line up w/ the bracket. This allow you to get the stinger considerably higher, well above the bottom of the sponson and more positive adjustment than you will ever need.

The pic of the factory bracket stinger shows, in its highest most tilted up position, it is still too low and has a negative angle. This took me less than10 minutes to accomplish...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Scott:

Put me on your purchaser list for the next batch.

Thanks,

john

Quote Originally Posted by HYDROJERRY View Post
    How do you put a single setup in it the inside floor looks super high like the motor would stick out the top,Man i want one so bad but just cant afford one wright now, due to not much work and all, sure everyones seeing that wright now,,,,,
    You hit the nail on the head right there about the motor. Unfortunately there is not much room to work with here. Just epoxied in my motor mount and the hatch wont fit. HUGE DARN!

Hay atleast you guys have started the only thing i have so far is a used esc to go in her, all in good time....Getter Done ...lol..tiqueman,,,,Boatman,,,

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Ray, which version did you use, 1 or 2?

This one: http://cgi.ebay.com/aluminum-adjusta...item439b5dda29
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Thanks Ray.. luckily they are the ones I ordered. I got them for another build, but who knows.. I may still use them on the Skunk. The mod a did to the SV stingers is perfect. I think they are going to be a much better fit. But we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
    You hit the nail on the head right there about the motor. Unfortunately there is not much room to work with here. Just epoxied in my motor mount and the hatch wont fit. HUGE DARN!
    That hurts. Been there, done that... and so I learned, test fit, then test again. Then lightly tack the mounts w/ a couple drops of CA, then test it again.. when you know its good, lock it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
    Try putting less angle in it. Before going to twins i had a XL mocked up in there and it cleared the canopy.

Got the cat today CircusCircus Good packing. This boat is so sweet .....Now to start working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite View Post
    Got the cat today CircusCircus Good packing. This boat is so sweet .....Now to start working on it.
    Congrats Sharkbite! Im still making decisions on mine so I havent touched it. But I should be starting it in the next couple weeks... I hope. Working on another similar project in the mean time.

Thanks tiqueman. ......So im thanking of 1 8xl and a etti 150 on 4s. that should be good.

Thats what I run my other 32" cat on at about 44-45 mph

I've got an Aveox 1227Kv xl motor for sale. Good 6S motor. Tons of torque.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Would the 8 be better than the 9, i was gonna try the nine and go for the gusto....

A 7xl is hotter than 8xl. 9xl is lower KV.
    Nortavlag Bulc

hey tiqueman. 44-45. I was hopeing for in the 50s. what size prop you runing? i was going for the x442 or m445.

I actually changed mine from an 8 to a 9 and havent run it yet. I can bump safetly to 5S and pick up a few mph and just a couple more amps. Lower KV may be a hotter motor, but it will load your amps up more. 5S to the 8Xl overlimits (according to Fecalc) a 150 etti, which is what Im running. So Im not saying your limited to 4S and mid 40s... I know a member on here threw 6S on his 8XL HOTR and broke 63... but for how long can you do that and keep a reliable boat?

After I try my 9XL on 4 and 5S, Im going to throw a 10 XL at it on 6S and should pick up even more mph at just a bit more amp draw.

At the end, it will be a 9XL boat, still in the 40s on 4S, very dependable and a heck of a lot of fun to drive....

I thank i will pant the cat just like the amsoil boat in my pic.......

hey tiqueman. 44-45. I was hopeing for in the 50s. what size prop you runing? i was going for the x442 or m445.
    X442, S, B and DT. Now remember, we arent comparing apples to apples here. This is on a slightly diff 32" cat. No flat ride pads, sponsons come down to a tru point and the boat to start w/ is a bit heavier lay up than the Skunk. then I added some weight to it by adding CF and repairing an explosion situation I had. So its built like a tank now. So the Skunk may be closer to 50. I dunno. But I do know that a lot of guys running the HOTR hull can swing a 642 on an 8XL... mine slows down 4 mph from a 442 to a 642. So who knows what the Skunky will run? But even at 45, She'll be a blast to run.

I thank i will pant the cat just like the amsoil boat in my pic.......
    LOL Im doing a HOTR w/ the same paint scheme

yeah i have a 8xl and a 10xl.........and your right 8xl on 6s for how long. i whant a boat that i can play with all day

LOL....No way......I like that pant scheme. I hope i can see it good out in the water.

Actually, I originally was going to paint my SV as that scheme. Now Im debating on doing the cat instead.. or as well as.....

I do not like panting......I mite take mine to a pant shop i will see how much $$$ thay wunt. I mite have to pant.

I just seen you live in FL..... thats

I do not like panting......I mite take mine to a pant shop i will see how much $$$ thay wunt. I mite have to pant.
    Where r u in FL

LOL posted at same time

cape coral

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast