Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Skunk Works 2nd Gen Cat Hulls... 5 Ready

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Thanks Ray.. luckily they are the ones I ordered. I got them for another build, but who knows.. I may still use them on the Skunk. The mod a did to the SV stingers is perfect. I think they are going to be a much better fit. But we will see.

That hurts. Been there, done that... and so I learned, test fit, then test again. Then lightly tack the mounts w/ a couple drops of CA, then test it again.. when you know its good, lock it in.
    Ha! yes however I plan to throw this sucka 80 mph so I had a 1521 mounted in there. It fit, just a nipple on the cooling jacket was in the way. Building may resume. I am thinking this thread may get shut down soon so we should start a build thread.

Ha, I just recently shipped some stuff to another member from Cape Coral. Im on the West Coast, Tampa bay area. Drive over, we can shoot em both!

Quote Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
    Ha! yes however I plan to throw this sucka 80 mph so I had a 1521 mounted in there. It fit, just a nipple on the cooling jacket was in the way. Building may resume. I am thinking this thread may get shut down soon so we should start a build thread.
    I think you should start a build thread on yours... your gunna get a loooot of questions when people find out you have an 80mph skunk. Thats what I like to hear! Besides Im sure we would all be on it watching. I started a Build thread on my twin HOTR.. Its nice when most replies focus on your boat, diffrent ideas etc etc rather than a bunch of stuff going on

It sucks i have to work 6 day a week and we just bought a house here.....But i play all day sunday

Be glad your workin... Ive been out for 13 months... Doing alot of little jobs on my own.. but its very scary not knowing what the next week is going to bring. Id much rather be working 6 days a week....

Now I have this to work on to. this guy just gave me this hull.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite View Post
    Now I have this to work on to. this guy just gave me this hull.
    You recently posted a pic of that on here somewhere didnt you??? Ive seen that before!

yeah you right. I am gald im working............ Your just a little north of me

yeah i did 56"

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite View Post
    yeah you right. I am gald im working............ Your just a little north of me
    OHH yeahhhhh.. I was thinking CC was on the east coats... My bad. Ive only lived in FL all my life... no biggie Youll have to come up to one of the race days at Ackerman (sarasota Fruitville exit)

well........Its past my bed time LOL have to get up at 7 and go to the gym and than off to work.

yeah i will come up!!! sounds like fun to me

So, back on topic.. is anyone close to getting one of these hulls wet???????

Default Got mine

Well, I got mine in this week. The hull seems were as they were described. Scotty is right, some spot putty and wet sanding and it will clean right up.

One thing that I did notice, it looks like they pulled the deck from the mold early. The front of it in the middle and the front of the sponsons on top are a bit wavy. Not real bad, but not smooth either. I will get it cleaned up nicely, easy to work with.

the style is great and sitting next to the mean machine it even looks better!

the hatch detail is nice, the bottom looks perfect. That is the important part. For $130 delivered, I am very happy as my other option was the HOR. It is no German work of art, but the price is right.

I am geeked about this build.

Brian

Seeing the pictures of the bottom, Skunky did it just right. Nice edges etc...

Good buy 4-shure!!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Default Getting cleaned up

Well, this was supposed to be a build that I was going to start later this summer, but it just looks to nice sitting there to not work on it.

Out came the primer and spot putty. Trying to get it smoothed out before I start on it. The sides are feeling pretty good, the deck will still need more work in the middle. The deck of the sponsons are close to being smooth. Needed more work than I originally thought, but it will look nice once done.

The bottom was pretty good. A bit of a hook in both rear ride pads, but the port side was worse. I am glad I am fixing it as it might have caused extra lift on the port side and since I am planning on running a single, that would have just made the torque roll worse. The middle pads were pretty good, fronts not bad. Sits flat to within several thousandths on the ride pads which is good. Actually, it is great great considering what they did to the deck when it was laid up! If the bottom isn't straight, good luck with it. This one is straight.

Couple of more goes at it and I will be ready to primer it again. I think I am going to fill in the NACA duct in front of the hatch as it sits in a spot that is still low and needs building up.

The hull is going to be a looker.

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good Brian. Yeah I look at my empty, undrilled skunk everday and wonder when I will start it..... Too many projects.. too little time and $$$

Any more in production?

Quote Originally Posted by INTERGRATING View Post
    Any more in production?
    There is one for sale on RRR that is set up for a single drive - 185 shipped.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

How many of these hull were released so far?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234