Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were President, What would you do?

Didn't say or imply taxing them more or increasing regulations. Just said that we need to increase domestic manufacturing. I personally believe that the government has exceeded the maximum allowable amount of taxes on personal incomes. It's counter productive to economic growth. We should tax the government!
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

14% is a pretty heavy overhead, don't you think, Bill?

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    I am not talking about business costs, etc. Your personal income tax. As it increases you will fire employees, is that correct?

Bill, where do you think the $500 of my personal income, comes from? My business! And yes, if expenses increase i will cut employees. I've already cut one last year. Guess what, we are getting along fine without him. Sure we all take on some more work. But that's what has to be.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

You guys....Each side has some very good arguments against the other to support your beliefs. It's those very good arguments that show that there is something seriously wrong with the way our government has been operating in the last couple of decades. Neither party excluded. They are not looking out your best interest, but instead for their own. We need to wake up from the Stockholm syndrome in masse.
    So I reiterate on the original question, "If you were President, What would you do?
    Government Moto:

Hey, I have a great idea! Let's just tax ourselves into prosperity!

A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    You guys....Each side has some very good arguments against the other to support your beliefs. It's those very good arguments that show that there is something seriously wrong with the way our government has been operating in the last couple of decades. Neither party excluded. They are not looking out your best interest, but instead for their own. We need to wake up from the Stockholm syndrome in masse.
    So I reiterate on the original question, "If you were President, What would you do?
    I already said in great detail what I would do. Some thought it was fascisistic. I think it was realistic and held people accountable for their own actions, while reducing the size of government in a "doable" manner.

I for one think that your ideas were ridiculous. How many of them had the word "force" in them. How exactly would you be doing this "forcing"? You want to put tariffs and tax the hell out of foreign products in the u.S. What do you think they will do in return to our American products?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    I for one think that your ideas were ridiculous. How many of them had the word "force" in them. How exactly would you be doing this "forcing"? You want to put tariffs and tax the hell out of foreign products in the u.S. What do you think they will do in return to our American products?
    The same thing they have been doing for year, not buy to much of it or copy it.
    Steven Vaccaro

I'm sure it would get much worse though. I'll keep buying my foreign cars too. The one I drive is made in America by the way. By American workers.

Government Moto:

You're FORCED to pay taxes now aren't you? Your'e FORCED to comply with a whole litany of Federal regulations right now aren't you? You can't take a breath without being FORCED to comply with some Federal regulation. There are some 60,000 volumes of Federal regulations forcing some form of behavior or prohibiting others. How is my proposal any different when I say force Mexico to pay for ILLEGAL (i.e. criminal) aliens.

Re-read my post: The word force only appears twice and in both cases, it deals with foriegn relations. Force Mexico to pay for ILLEGAL aliens, and force residents to leave Sadir City so the military can go in and KILL all the bad guys.

You think the Japanese or Chinese allow free trade with us now? You think Mexico allows free trade with us now? Put down the Kool-Aid and step away from the television.....

How do you compare what the Feds force us citizens to do or pay with The U.S. forcing citzens of other countries into war or building a border wall or even paying the U.S. for citizens of there country crossing our imaginary border? Not the same, not even close. Do you really think we should be focusing our money and attention on the government and economies of foreign countries when our own is in the toilet? What's so great about our system anyhow? Politicians in a never ending childish bicker over nothing more than trying to get the last word and make the other guy look bad. How about working together for the greater good. Maybe Dr Jet, you should put down the partisan kool-aid!

The one I drive is made in America by the way. By American workers.
    I just hope its not one of those runaway TOYota's.
    Steven Vaccaro

lol. actually, it is!

lol. actually, it is!
    Just think if it was an American made car you wouldn't have to worry. It would have already been in the junk yard by now.
    This is coming from a thick head that keeps buying Chevy products. When will I learn.
    Steven Vaccaro

Maybe Dr Jet, you should put down the partisan kool-aid!

NOW we are getting some action going...

I can see it's "all Bush's fault" coming any minute now...

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post

It just did...I don't pretend to think all the problems we have are GW's fault. It goes back alot farther than that and on the shoulders of a lot more people. This boulder has been running down the mountain for a long time. It's just going to take a lot of energy to stop it.
    Government Moto:

Actually, Reagan, Bush and Bush...
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Repubs and conservatives looooooove that. Any time GW is brought up. Obviously he's not the only one at fault. Obviously he WAS part of the problem. Lets not pretend he didn't hold the office for 2 terms. Lets not pretend the country wasn't in bad shape when he left office. Like Obama said, these are FACTS!

Lets not pretend the country wasn't in bad shape when he left office. Like Obama said, these are FACTS!
    Let's also not pretend it was in good shape when he (GW) got the office...

Obama's "facts", asside from being quite subjective, also seem to leave out the little diddy about the Dems controlling things during half of his final term as well... Lots of their signatures on those policies and bills that can be directly attributed to the financial mess, mortgage and otherwise...

Obama's legacy is still dynamic...he has 3 more years, Bush's legacy is very well static and etched in stone in the historical archives of this Nation.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    Obama's legacy is still dynamic...he has 3 more years, Bush's legacy is very well static and etched in stone in the historical archives of this Nation.
    But Obama is in office and a much easier target. He's been in office for year and hasn't cured the country's woes. Everything should have been fixed in his first 90 days of office. The country started going down hill as soon as he won the election.
    Government Moto:

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    But Obama is in office and a much easier target. He's been in office for year and hasn't cured the country's woes. Everything should have been fixed in his first 90 days of office. The country started going down hill as soon as he won the election.
    What's good for the goose (Bush), is good for the gander... Suck it up... What goes around comes around...

By your own example, by the way... Clinton must have left things an aweful mess as well...

And... the last time I checked... it took Bush, with all his faults... 8 years to run up 1.9T in debt (or whatever it is...)... it's only taken Obama 1 year to triple that... NOT to clean up Bushes mess, but to implement his own, glorious policies and programs... NONE of which has created a single job or corrected a single problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Just think if it was an American made car you wouldn't have to worry.
    I'm not sure I know what "American Car" means any more.

Toyotas are made in Kentucky and California
    Mercedes and BMW in the southeast
    Hondas in Ohio

Ford makes cars in Mexico and GM makes cars in Canada.

Go figure.
    Don't get me started

Let's also not pretend it was in good shape when he (GW) got the office...
    Good point. Look at the mess Clinton left for Bush to clean up. Record surplus, low unemployment, low inflation, no wars, and a prosperous people and economy.

Thank God GW was able to handle these problems so swiftly.

He turned that surplus into a record deficit (for the time) in less than a year.

Got us in to not just one, but TWO wars.

Destroyed our reputation in the world.

Ruined our claim to the moral high ground by condoning torture.

Fostered a regulatory climate that served as the foundation for an epic collapse of our economy.

All I can say is THANK GOD that Obama is no GW Bush.
    Don't get me started

Good point. Look at the mess Clinton left for Bush to clean up. Record surplus, low unemployment, low inflation, no wars, and a prosperous people and economy.

Thank God GW was able to handle these problems so swiftly.

He turned that surplus into a record deficit (for the time) in less than a year.

Got us in to not just one, but TWO wars.

Destroyed our reputation in the world.

Ruined our claim to the moral high ground by condoning torture.

Fostered a regulatory climate that served as the foundation for an epic collapse of our economy.

All I can say is THANK GOD that Obama is no GW Bush.
    All VERY convenient media portrayal of the state of the USA, with pertinent details conveniently withheld...

All you good Dem soldiers keep the party lines going.... your leadership, and Saul Alinsky thank you...

By the way... they are about to announce the worst unemployment numbers at 8:30 eastern this morning... I'm sure those and the stock market drop yesterday are all GWs fault too, and don't have anything to do with the current policies our the fact that over 750 billion was targeted to help "stimulate" the economy, but has yet to create a single job or solve a single issue....

Only mention whats convenient. What about all the bad guys he let run around the world. One of them just happened to kill a bunch of people on 9/11. Remember it?
    Steven Vaccaro

.....our imaginary border?

Obviously, you appear to be a young product of our "modern" educational system. I assume from that comment, you are one of the "One World" mindset folks.

Three things define a country: Borders, language, and culture. Am I correct in assuming you think there should be no countries, just a bunch of free-to-be-you-and-me-hug-a-tree-kumbyaa-singing folks?

Get real for a moment. This is a planet ruled by the aggressive use of force. It's been that way since the dawn of man. Your ideology is the pathway to totalitarism. That is why this country, and only this country, created the great experiment that was democracy. Look up the words of Benjamin Franklin when asked at the conclusion of the first Congressional Congress, what they had created. Freedom and liberty are not free young man; many brave men died to preserve your borders, your language, and your culture. And you want to forgo that and fall back into the cesspool of tyranny.

I feel sorry for you and the world your generation will create/inherit. And you won’t be able to blame it on Bush. You will only have yourself to blame.

Yes, that is how I feel. The fAct that this planet is ruled by the aggressive use of force is the biggest problem on this planet. Religious hipocrites sending their citizens to war, to die for the love of money and property. Jesus says it's ok to kill and steal if it makes your gov't happy, right? BTW, I am by no means patriotic. Look at what the U.S. has done in places such as Hawaii.

All VERY convenient media portrayal of the state of the USA, with pertinent details conveniently withheld...

All you good Dem soldiers keep the party lines going.... your leadership, and Saul Alinsky thank you...

By the way... they are about to announce the worst unemployment numbers at 8:30 eastern this morning... I'm sure those and the stock market drop yesterday are all GWs fault too, and don't have anything to do with the current policies our the fact that over 750 billion was targeted to help "stimulate" the economy, but has yet to create a single job or solve a single issue....
    And here are those numbers....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100205/..._fi/us_economy
    Government Moto:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast