Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were President, What would you do?

Default If you were President, What would you do?

If you were President, What would you do to fix the problems that plague this country? Problems such as terrorism, corruption, national debt, increasing taxes, entitlement programs, healthcare, Corporate influence, out of control spending, counter productive politics, etc. I'd like to hear some thoughts.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Neat...

Terrorism:
    Any place that known or suspected terrorists exist, would be leveled and removed from the map. I'd then look at whoever left standing and ask... Anyone else??

Corruption:
    I'd make it so that honesty and truth were more rewarding. Corruption would be punishable, therefore undesirable.

National Debt:
    I'd reduce government control on the private sector, eliminate useless government departments, and stop spending what we don't have.

Increasing taxes:
    That's easy, Fair Tax.

Entitlement programs:
    First, I'd make it very clear to all that apply that this service is a privilege, not a right. If the applicant can't read this statement, they will be told. Their application will not be accepted till this is very clear.

Health care:
    We've motivated the wrong types of people into Doctors. Most peoples primary reason for becoming a doctor is "Doctors make a lot of money" Helping other people is either not a motivation, or a lot lower on the motivational scale. All other aspects of health care is the same way. It's all money motivated. Change the motivation, change the whole thing.

Corporate influence:
    See Corruption.

Out of control spending:
    See national debt.

Counter productive politics:
    Imagine no politician getting paid till a unanimous decision is reached...
    -----------------

Basically, as a nation, we're all acting like children. Look at it like this....

Terrorism:
    We're being bullied on the playground. We cry and ask them to "stop it", they laugh and continue. FIGHT BACK

Corruption / Health care / Corp influence:
    Bad behavior has been rewarded while good behavior goes unnoticed. Raise your child this way and see what you get later.

National debt / out of control spending / increasing taxes:
    Imagine your teenager with YOUR American express card... TAKE THE CARD BACK

Entitlement programs:
    Just like when your teen gets a license to drive. They are reminded that "Driving is a privilege, not a right. This privilege can and will be taken from them when abused. PUNISH THEM

I can only imagine MY administration...
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Default The Jet Manifesto

Domestic
    A. Taxes: Cut Federal Income Taxes by 2 percent per year over four years, for a minimum total of 8 percent over four years.
    B. Size of Government: Reduce Federal Government Departments in size by 4 percent each year, for a total reduction of size by 16 percent over four years.
    C. Welfare: Eliminate all public assistance for able-bodied recipients. Cut off all public assistance for immigrants for five years. After two years, repatriate those who are not working.
    D. Foreign Companies: Immediately impose tariffs on cars and trucks owned by foreign entities, even if they’re manufactured in America. Double the taxes on all foreign-held real estate and investment instruments.
    E. Illegal Aliens: Cause illegal aliens to build a wall between the United States and Mexico, and then, repatriate them. Pay them a one-time worker fee.
    F. Military: Number One: Increase pay for active duty combat troops by 10 percent. Number Two: Fire any unmarried military person becoming pregnant while on active duty. Number Three: Combat Veterans receive preference over college grads in promotions. I prefer battle-tested officers in charge of our troops over university-educated MBAs.
    G. Abortion: Make abortions illegal, except when the physical survival of the mother is threatened, to be determined by three medical doctors. Require Norplant for all women on welfare of childbearing age.
    H. Sex Trades: Close all houses of sex and massage.
    I. Drugs: Expand the DEA, while decriminalizing most drugs.
    J. Corporate Media: Number One: eliminate all foreign ownership of any American media entity. Number Two: break up overly large conglomerates, like News Corporation.
    K. Family: Encourage child bearing among tax paying citizens. Create a marriage incentive, through lower taxes for married heterosexual couples, and a government subsidy for each child conceived and carried to birth. Increase the subsidies for each year the couple remains married.
    L. Incarcerated Illegal Aliens: Repatriate all illegal immigrants now incarcerated. Encourage all other illegals to self-repatriate through double taxation on wages and fines on employers.
    M. Oil: Number One: Release Strategic Reserves. This will “burn” speculators in the pocketbook. Number Two: Drill here, drill now. Drill ANWR, drill offshore, drill oil shale, drill everywhere in the USA where there is oil. Encourage the construction of new transportation, refining, and distribution facilities.
    N: Non Oil-Related Energy: Encourage new technologies (wind, solar, geothermal, tidal, hydrodynamic, whatever). Build nuke power plants everywhere feasible.
    International
    A. Iraq: Send in Iraqi troops to mop up pockets of resistance. Make Iraq pay with their oil for the cost of the war. Cordon off Sadr City, force all residents to leave, then go in and mop up all resistance fighters. Divide Iraq into three to four sectors; Sunni, Shiite, Kurd, and International. Next, remove all U.S. troops after above achieved.
    B. Iran: Sanction, embargo, and mine their harbors. Nothing goes in, nothing comes out. If Iran continues to build nuclear weapons technologies, destroy their facilities (or encourage Israel to do so).
    C. North Korea: Destroy their launching platforms, impose a Naval blockade on all goods coming in or out, except food.
    D. Israel and Arab Entities: Give Israel four years to become self-sufficient. Cut off all foreign aid to all nations. If any Arab country attacks Israel with nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons, our response will be a nuclear attack on that country.
    E. China: 20 percent tariffs on all Chinese-made goods immediately; rising by 5 percent each year for each year China refuses to revalue their currency.
    F. United Nations: Withdraw immediately. Remove all Diplomats and staff. Convert the United Nations building into housing for the working poor.
    G. Mexico: Force Mexico to pay one barrel of oil for every illegal alien in the United States of America per month.
    H. National Security. Let all Islamic countries know that any attack whatsoever on United States interests will be considered an act of war and our response will not exclude a nuclear attack against any nation financing or otherwise supporting radical Islam. Since radical Islam has no political boundaries, an appropriate response to Islamic Jihad is to turn Mecca to glass.
    A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves

Default Healthcare

Healthcare: #1 - Tort Reform, limit how much trial lawyers can make suing doctors/hospitals. #2 - Allow Individual Medical Savings Accounts. #3 - Portability (cross-state competition).
    A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves

I sure am glad that I don't live in DR.Jet's Fascist states of America!

If I were president, I think my inauguration speech would go like this"

"Sh*t. I know sh*t's bad right now, with all that starving bullsh*t, and the dust storms, and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution.
    Number 1: We've got this guy Not Sure. Number 2: He's got a higher IQ than ANY MAN ALIVE. and Number 3: He's going to fix EVERYTHING. "

The RTR Nightmare- Electric King of Shaves
    Now with 540s- 62mph
    New setup- Etti 150A's, Turnigy 2600s, 5S, X442s and a whole lot of cooling hoses

There are some good ideas here. I'd like to hear more.
    For me, I think it can start by identifying the needs of the people. With a focus on ethics and morality. Not religious morality, but human morality. People should have more control over their destiny without imposition from big government or big business. Both a danger for the common welfare of the people. Make people personally responsible for their actions. No more hiding behind their positions in government or business.
    Government Moto:

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    I sure am glad that I don't live in DR.Jet's Fascist states of America!
    Well its going to end up being one extreme or the other over time. There doesnt seem to be a reasonable middle ground everyone can come to and stand behind.

Like Mel Gibson says in his latest movie, "Your going to need to make a choice, be the one who is bangin in the nails or the guy on the cross".

Great photo nitroVal. I carried that same weapon (M249SAW) in Iraq during my first tour. 100% awesome!

John

I would allow that sheep be allowed to run for President, and that Andy from the BIG ISLAND also be nominated as Vice President. Then the USA would be well run and you can borrow exeecutives from Canada to get your banking system in order.

Douggie

Some things on the To Do List:

1. Cut taxes (income, capital gains, gasoline, all of them)

2. Let small business owners know that there actually is a plan to help them, SHOW them what it is, AND implement that plan.

3. Break with NAFTA and GAFTA. Bring the jobs that left America back here. I've never liked this service oriented economy.

4. Show the world that we clearly support Isreal and leave no room for doubt.

5. Hunt down (as in actually have some folks go out and look for) UBL and the rest of his gang. Once found give them a demonstration of the capabilities of a gun made in Murfreesboro, TN. Then send their families a bill for the bullets.

6. Let healthcare companies compete nation wide like auto insurance companies. (and no pre-existing BS).

7. Make the federal government have to balance their budget just like the states. No unfunded mandates.

8. A "sweetheart deal" is called bribery. Those who offered and those who accepted should be fired.

9. Make "stated income" illegal. If you apply for a mortgage you should have to prove you can pay for it.

10. Reduce the size of goverment. A LOT!!!!

11. Send only lawyers to Afghanistan to fight. Their only weapon would be the Miranda Rights. That should thin the heard a bit

Blake
    Have some fun every day!!!

Good topic.

My thoughts....Our president is a figure head/voice. WE ultimately control the country with our votes. Massachusetts did a good job of showing that last week. And if they like their jobs, they will listen. We have to start by teaching our kids the importance of knowing what the country is doing and how to make informed votes. This starts at home for us who care about our kids, but also needs to be done at the school level, for those parents that are to stoned, drunk or stupid to teach them the right things.

Also we have to "consider" doing something about ex politicians becoming lobbyists.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Efis View Post
    Some things on the To Do List:

1. Cut taxes (income, capital gains, gasoline, all of them)

2. Let small business owners know that there actually is a plan to help them, SHOW them what it is, AND implement that plan.

3. Break with NAFTA and GAFTA. Bring the jobs that left America back here. I've never liked this service oriented economy.

4. Show the world that we clearly support Isreal and leave no room for doubt.

5. Hunt down (as in actually have some folks go out and look for) UBL and the rest of his gang. Once found give them a demonstration of the capabilities of a gun made in Murfreesboro, TN. Then send their families a bill for the bullets.

6. Let healthcare companies compete nation wide like auto insurance companies. (and no pre-existing BS).

7. Make the federal government have to balance their budget just like the states. No unfunded mandates.

8. A "sweetheart deal" is called bribery. Those who offered and those who accepted should be fired.

9. Make "stated income" illegal. If you apply for a mortgage you should have to prove you can pay for it.

10. Reduce the size of goverment. A LOT!!!!

11. Send only lawyers to Afghanistan to fight. Their only weapon would be the Miranda Rights. That should thin the heard a bit

Blake
    About #4
    I don't really know how that would benefit the U.S. Could you elaborate?
    Government Moto:

Dom,

Sometimes you just do what's right.

I would add Taiwan to that list, too.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    Dom,

Sometimes you just do what's right.

I would add Taiwan to that list, too.

Andy
    Still can't see it. Please elaborate.
    Government Moto:

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    About #4
    I don't really know how that would benefit the U.S. Could you elaborate?
    Thats a very easy one to answer. Since supporting Isreal's soviergnty over the decades that one country has been the bastian of democracy in the middle east. We share military intelligence, have formed business partnerships, train our forces in joint operations rangeing thru out the multi services. Their society is almost 100% in agreement that we are NOT the bad guys in the world. Here's a little background just an FYI read. They have stood by us while the rest of the Arab countries denounce us as the great evil. And for the most part we share the same judeo-christian beliefs (not 100%). We have agreements with them that bind us as well. Now the Anti God folks, both domestic and abroad, hate that. A world united by faith is threatening. Why its down right social control!!

John

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_...ates_relations

Who are the "we" that shrare the same judeo-christian beliefs? You'd have a hard time finding a room full of people in the U.S. that have the same religious beliefs. Religion and politics just do not mix PERIOD.

I'd just blame everything on the previous administration...

That way, I could make whatever stupid, illogical moves I want, and I could still get over 50% of the country to blindly support me...

Quote Originally Posted by m4a1usr View Post
    Thats a very easy one to answer. Since supporting Isreal's soviergnty over the decades that one country has been the bastian of democracy in the middle east. We share military intelligence, have formed business partnerships, train our forces in joint operations rangeing thru out the multi services. Their society is almost 100% in agreement that we are NOT the bad guys in the world. Here's a little background just an FYI read. They have stood by us while the rest of the Arab countries denounce us as the great evil. And for the most part we share the same judeo-christian beliefs (not 100%). We have agreements with them that bind us as well. Now the Anti God folks, both domestic and abroad, hate that. A world united by faith is threatening. Why its down right social control!!

John

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_...ates_relations
    We have business and political relations with just about every nation in the middle east. Islam is not an anti-god or anti-christian religion.
    We furnish arms to many of the nations in that area. We train many of their military personnel both here and abroad. Most countries that denounce the U.S, do it because of our support for Israel and their policies. What is almost always mentioned in a terrorist threat? Israel.
    Not down on Israel, just tryin' to figure out why they deserve special treatment. By the way, look up U.S.S Liberty....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident
    http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHART...ssliberty.html
    Government Moto:

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I'd just blame everything on the previous administration...

That way, I could make whatever stupid, illogical moves I want, and I could still get over 50% of the country to blindly support me...
    Sad, but true...
    Government Moto:

Who are the "we" that share the same judeo-christian beliefs?
    Those in America that are religous. Unless there has been some major change recently I am unaware of, those of faith outnumber those who have none in the USA.

You'd have a hard time finding a room full of people in the U.S. that have the same religious beliefs. Religion and politics just do not mix PERIOD.
    The statement I reffered to was a generalism of Catholicism. Catholics, Baptists, New Age, Mormons, 7th day, etc.....the list is long that hold Jesus Christ as their saviour. In essence parallel to the Jew's. And when you say religion and politics dont mix its in this country that it doesnt work. The nation of Isreal has no seperation of religion and state and if you go into the Arab nations its accepted as the norm for Muslim politicians to practice their faith repeatedly on a daily basis. There are countries today that hold prayer when their government convenes. We swear on a bible to tell the truth when in court, our money says in god we trust. We have just been brainwashed to believe god needs to be out of government. Because then we would need to obey Gods word, 10 commandents, Disciples teachings, etc. Live moraly? A set of rules the supreme court could not change?

I'm not a religous guy. Used to be one. Grew up that way. Now I'm the biggest heathen this side of hell. But I understand the significance and importantance of accepting a faith to live by. Thats a good thing for people to have. To borrow some words, Man does not live by bread and water.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Who are the "we" that shrare the same judeo-christian beliefs? You'd have a hard time finding a room full of people in the U.S. that have the same religious beliefs. Religion and politics just do not mix PERIOD.
    That's pretty funny! Every Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday night I get together with about 250 other people who hold the same religious beliefs as me. And I know of lots of others all around this county, state, and country just like that. Why, I could even go back to NJ and site down with about 800 others.

That doesn't mean we think the same on every single matter, but I think you'd find the only thing uniting just over 50% of Congress is "He's not Bush."

As for supporting Israel, John summed it up pretty nicely. His comments on Israel pretty closely parallel the Republic of China (aka Taiwan).

Andy

Islam is not an anti-god or anti-christian religion.
    Why is it that they refer to US troops (not missionaries) as "Crusaders" then?

Islam is about world domination, Dom. That's why they were founded.

Andy

Why is it that they refer to US troops (not missionaries) as "Crusaders" then?

Andy
    Simply not true. While some believe that is the goal of "Radical" Islam. the same can be said of just about every religion. You do know that Jesus is a very respected "Prophet" in the Muslim religion? Anyways time to get back on topic.
    Government Moto:

Andy

Some interesting quotes:

"The messenger of Allah said: "Islam is to testify that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, to perform the prayers, to pay the zakat, to fast in Ramadhan, and to make the pilgrimage to the House if you are able to do so." He said: " You have spoken rightly", Jebreel (Gabriel) from Number 2 of "Al-Nawawi's Forty Hadiths."
    "If anyone harms (others), God will harm him, and if anyone shows hostility to others, God will show hostility to him." Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1625.
    "Those who believe (in the Quran), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians...and (all) who believe in God and the last day and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." The Qur'an, 2:62
    "Jim Jones, David Koresh and Meir Kahane do not typify Christianity and Judaism in the eyes of the civilized West, but those same eyes are prone to see Osama bin Laden and Mullah Muhammad Omar as typifying Islam," Richard Bulliet
    A couple of decent references about Isalm:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/islam.htm

http://islamworld.net/
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    Some interesting quotes:

A couple of decent references about Isalm:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/islam.htm

http://islamworld.net/

Thank you.
    Many religions have their moments. To simplify and base ones characterization of other religions on the actions of a few is just wrong.
    Government Moto:

Well, it looks like Obama has changed his focus...

http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stori...nclick_check=1
    Government Moto:

It's gotten pretty quiet here on politics since Obama's state of the union speech. Why is that? Is he giving people what they want?
    Government Moto:

Fox keeps cutting him off in addition to that Republican Q&A failure. I have never heard so many misstatement and conjectures moonlighting as questions. How could one man show up so many stupid headless chickens in one room, kinda like Jordan vs the La Clippers...lol.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

The media is saying that the Reps are rejecting their own ideas because he's come on board to support them. If this is true, it could cause a political backlash.
    Government Moto:

I'm not sure there is anything new to take about. He said the same old things.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast