Thread: Goin' to the race Tunnel sale 2

TS-2 dressed as a "Jet Star-2" [JS-2]. Interesting pedigree : Originally UB Hauled's, Darin designed & started some sponson mods, SJFE did some more . I finished them. Result, faster & turns better than a stock TS-2. Raced at '08 Nat's & loves racewater !

Modded sponsons & widened stumble blocks
    Removeable radio box with plexi hatches & antenna tube
    Hi-Jack mount
    REK lower unit with prop shaft, cavitation plate relieved to run 45 mm prop
    Servo rods & bellows, just drop in a hi-torque servo

$ 125.00 shipped CONUS
    Paypal preferred SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    TS-2 dressed as a "Jet Star-2" [JS-2]. Interesting pedigree : Originally UB Hauled's, Darin designed & started some sponson mods, SJFE did some more . I finished them. Result, faster & turns better than a stock TS-2. Raced at '08 Nat's & loves racewater !

Modded sponsons & widened stumble blocks
    Removeable radio box with plexi hatches & antenna tube
    Hi-Jack mount
    REK lower unit with prop shaft, cavitation plate relieved to run 45 mm prop
    Servo rods & bellows, just drop in a hi-torque servo

$ 125.00 shipped CONUS
    Paypal preferred
    More Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    More Pictures
    Buy either Tunnel [ TS-2 or JS-2] and get the motor/SC w. coolers for $ 80.00, no extra shipping charge SOLD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SJFE; 01-17-2010 at 10:28 AM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

wow you are fast, ship on tuesday get on thursday.... i thought steven was the fastest guy to the island with 3-4 days but i stand corrected. the boat was just what i expected. i will let you know how it goes in the salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck E Cheese View Post
    wow you are fast, ship on tuesday get on thursday.... i thought steven was the fastest guy to the island with 3-4 days but i stand corrected. the boat was just what i expected. i will let you know how it goes in the salt.
    Glad you're happy. The boat's got an interesting pedigree : UB Hauled, Darin, SJFE, Me. Now it's your turn !

Trick question : There's two innacuracies in the graphics. What are they ?
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Well for 1, one of the stars and bars is upside down, Not sure if you are aware but that is considered an insult to the american flag. Saw that right away,
    Last edited by Hydromaniac; 01-22-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydromaniac View Post
    Well for 1, one of the stars and bars in upside down, Not sure if you are aware but that is considered an insult to the american flag. Saw that right away,

That's so it can be correct when the boat is upside down... Patriotic at any attitude!!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Correct. It was an accident when it was applied. Thanks Darin for a way out of that one. What's the other goof ? [ hint: those are WW II Japanese "kill flags under the canopy]

No, just the American flag as you say. Stars and Bars are NOT an American Flag.

Well for 1, one of the stars and bars in upside down, Not sure if you are aware but that is considered an insult to the american flag. Saw that right away,
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

the only other flaw i could find was when i cleaned it with zep citrus cleaner (as i do all my nitro boats when i am done) it ate right into the clear and left streaks and i thought it was ruined. after a little car wax and some elbow grease it cleaned up back to its original condition. i guess thhat cleaner was too strong for the paint that was applied.
    at any rate, ran good with just about 1/2 hr of assembly. the only thing i needed to change was the connections on the esc and steering linkage (too short for the REK adaptor). it wasnt the fastest thing out there, i started with a m440 and graduated to 642. it was hard on the batteries on a x642, i used 1 5000, 30c 4s. the ride angle and set-up was spot on. it handled alot better than my nitro ts2 so i was happy about that. i didnt have any issues with the salt water but never blew over of flipped so it is still an experiment in progress.
    thanks again for the great deal and i look forward to playing with this one, after a few more sucessful runs in salt water i will probablly graduate to a ul-1 motor of maybee a 8xl if i can stuff a little more battery in it (thinking 2x 3600 30c 4s that used to run in a ul-1 with 8xl)
    thanks again for the smokin deal
    aloha

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    No, just the American flag as you say. Stars and Bars are NOT an American Flag.
    No, many of the Japenese would place them upside down on their planes for American kills as the ulitilmate F>U> kind of thing, I think it is still considered disrespectful by many pilots. But I do like Darins answer.

There's one other anomaly in the graphics. What is it ? Any WW II pilot or Korean War pilot would know. [ that's a hint, BTW]

I can't tell for sure, are those Korean flags under the canopy.

Very cool boat BTW,

I can't tell for sure, are those Korean flags under the canopy.
    Nope, Japanese.