Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Supervee27 ?

Well every thing sounds ok?
    your temps are not to high as to damage anything..
    have you greased the shaft?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Well every thing sounds ok?
    your temps are not to high as to damage anything..
    have you greased the shaft?
    Yes i have done it once . But i need to do it again as i have ran the boat at least 4 times since i greased it .

If the boat is gonna sit overnight after a run you really should pull the shaft, clean, dry and regrease before running again.
    After a race day, I bring all the boats home, remove all the shafts, and leave the boats open to completely dry. I store all my drive shafts in a metal spackle trough and spray down with Corrosion-X. They all sit in a Corrosion-X bath in the bottom of the trough until I need to install them again. Then I just wipe off, add grease, and install for a days worth of racing. I still have the stock shaft in my SV after racing it for 3 seasons.
    Got this tip from "The Snowman" when I was just starting out...I've never had a shaft fail, never needed to replace a shaft. Thanks Brian!

Sorry I'm late to chime in...
    The temps are fine if you're running for 10 min.
    I highly advise opening the hole on the rudder inlet slightly.
    I did that and added larger ID tubing throughout and I don't see anything over 115 after a race heat (approx. 5 min.).

Quote Originally Posted by Ctonez View Post
    Sorry I'm late to chime in...
    The temps are fine if you're running for 10 min.
    I highly advise opening the hole on the rudder inlet slightly.
    I did that and added larger ID tubing throughout and I don't see anything over 115 after a race heat (approx. 5 min.).

I have all ready done eveything you mentioned . m going to the lake latter i'll bring a stop watch if if remember . So i can acctually time how long i run . I put the stock prop back on. I'll do my noraml run & see if the temps are lower. I had enough speed with the stock prop before. Thank you for the tips.

I ran my boat today with the stock prop.The temp went back to mormal 95 on the water jacket & 115-120 on the open end bell . the speed felt the same . But it took a tad longer to get on plane.

If you do want to get another prop - our club runs the Grimracer 42x55 prop in our spec-SV class. It gets the boat on plane much better than the stock prop and gives a bit more speed as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234