Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Supervee27 ?

By the way I forgot to tell you if you want your push rod for the rudder to be SS go to a bike shop and buy SS spokes it should be th same size as the stock one the threads match just bend and cut much stronger too.

Default Flex shaft

I m getting ready to take out the flex shaft on my sv 27 for the first time & re lube it & i have a couple of ?'s. There is only about 1mm - 2mm of spacing between the stuffing tube & collet . Is it okay to cut a liitle of the stuffing tube so it will be eaiser to re-insert the flex shaft back into the collet ?.

Talking Motor Mount

I don't see why not. If you haven't already got everything centered you should be ok. I changed my motor mount so i didn't have to deal with those small nuts too much work when your all ways tuning your boat.

I'm not running water through it as it was a little restricted.
    But the mount works great with out it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up Strut Bushing

Sorry forgot to tell you only lube cable at strut end not the cable end causes a lot of drag. I had to put a drop of CA on strut bushing just at the end keeps the bushing from spinning in stuffing tube only takes a drop and lube the part that has the holes in it works great and low drag. Also remove blue stinger first you don't want any glue on there.

You want to lube the entire shaft on these. The lube not only lubricates the shaft, stuffing tube. But it also acts as a barrier to prevent water intrusion up the tube shaft. Not to mention, it minimizes rust. The amount of drag lube causes is negligible.
    Dragboat Boat did some tests a while back on various lubes.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Well the mantanice has been done & i installed a cf 45 prop. I just ran the boat with the new prop the temp went up . After a full pack my motor was 145 at the endbell & 115 on the motor jacket & the lipo's were 108 . Is that still okay ?.

Quote Originally Posted by rchippie View Post
    Well the mantanice has been done & i installed a cf 45 prop. I just ran the boat with the new prop the temp went up . After a full pack my motor was 145 at the endbell & 115 on the motor jacket & the lipo's were 108 . Is that still okay ?.
    How long was your run, and how much did you put back into your packs?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    How long was your run, and how much did you put back into your packs?

My run was between 8 - 10 min. I have not rechargd the lipo's yet. But they were at 3.60 when i checked them . Im running neu 25c 4900's. The air temp was mid 70's.

are you running the stock cooling?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

are you running the stock cooling?

Im using the stock rudder pick up with a after market aluminum water jacket .
    Last edited by rchippie; 02-21-2010 at 10:13 PM.

ok, to me your temps seem a little high..
    have you opened the pickup in the rudder some?
    I used a point file to open mine

ok, to me your temps seem a little high..
    have you opened the pickup in the rudder some?
    I used a point file to open mine

Yes i did. Those temp are with the CF45 prop & not the stock prop. with the stock prop the temps are great .

well your temps are ok, but when I run a CF45 and CF48 my motor temps only get to 105* and 115*, esc is 95* and batteries are 90-95*

well your temps are ok, but when I run a CF45 and CF48 my motor temps only get to 105* and 115*, esc is 95* and batteries are 90-95*

I wonder if im running it to wet & thats why my temps are a little higher .

Yes that could be the very reason..

Hi try moving you batteries back a little that may help. What has your COG?

Im using the stock rudder pick up with a after market aluminum water jacket .
    I use dual pickup and temps are never an issue for me so maybe you should try something like this.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

I use just a standard transom pickup found here on ose for my motor
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

I wonder if im running it to wet & thats why my temps are a little higher .
    Do you have pics of the back and sides of your setup? Especially the back end. Also pics of the inside with your batteries in their running position would help.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

I did slide my lipo's farther foward than i normally do . so i will move them back a little & try again . If that does not bring the temps down. then i will install the trim tab water pick up i have have & then try again. thank's for the help.

I think I run my batteries about 2"- 2 1/2" forward of the motor mount..

Whats up Mike, small world to see you here too ?
    Havin' fun w/your Vee ?

I'm going to convert my 48" or buy my buddy's 40" to build but thinking of another SuperVee myself to play with in the mean time during assembly ?

Where do you run yours at in Largo ?

Bondonutz

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by BondoBrushless View Post
    Whats up Mike, small world to see you here too ?
    Havin' fun w/your Vee ?

I'm going to convert my 48" or buy my buddy's 40" to build but thinking of another SuperVee myself to play with in the mean time during assembly ?

Where do you run yours at in Largo ?

Bondonutz
    There is a lake off starkey road & brian dairy rd .

There is a lake off starkey road & brian dairy rd .
    I herd of it, back behind the medical place right ??

Quote Originally Posted by BondoBrushless View Post
    I heard of it, back behind the medical place right ??

Yes thats it .

If weather permits Your more than welcome to join us Sunday ? There was about 15+ guys out at our little lake last Sunday and had a great time. One of the fellas has a Kayak and we set up markers. I should be receiveing my Vee Friday,anxious.
    When I had my last Vee I didn't hang out with anyone whom ran boats, now theres a bunch of guys so it should be more fun this time around.
    You have my #, gimme a call if interested

Default another temp ?

As i stated before i went to a cf45 prop with the enlarged stock rudder pick up & the temps were 115 on the water jacket & 145 on the open endbell & 108 on the lipo's . I then tried the trim tab pick up only & the temp's stayed the same . Today i used both pick up's together & the temps stayed the same . The lipo's are about 1 3/4 inches past the motor mount . Any idea's ?. I was thinking i may go back to the stock prop as the speed seems the same with this prop . But the boat gets on a plan quicker with the cf 45 prop . This temps are after appromimently a 8 - 10 min run.

My boat ran like that also. My favorite prop is GrimRacer 40/52X3 runs cooler and very fast 39.4 mph
    also try running your lipos farther back till it gets loose then move them back alittle post some more pics.

As i stated before i went to a cf45 prop with the enlarged stock rudder pick up & the temps were 115 on the water jacket & 145 on the open endbell & 108 on the lipo's . I then tried the trim tab pick up only & the temp's stayed the same . Today i used both pick up's together & the temps stayed the same . The lipo's are about 1 3/4 inches past the motor mount . Any idea's ?. I was thinking i may go back to the stock prop as the speed seems the same with this prop . But the boat gets on a plan quicker with the cf 45 prop . This temps are after appromimently a 8 - 10 min run.
    how much are you putting back into your packs after your runs?
    I run a CF45 and CF48 for about 6-7min and my temps are much lower than yours..
    also it sounds like my batteries are placed like yours to

how much are you putting back into your packs after your runs?
    I run a CF45 and CF48 for about 6-7min and my temps are much lower than yours..
    also it sounds like my batteries are placed like yours to
    Im not sure as i did not look at that before i disonnected the lipo'd from the charger. Im, pretty sure it's over 2600. My packs are neu 25c 2s 4900's The pack was close to the lvc when i stopped, if that helps.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast