Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WINTER BAD WEATHER REMEDY (is anyone else into these?)

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Darin, we need you to jump in. Not only will you thank us, but we could use your analytical ability. Bill's correct, the micro-mini's rock. Sit on the couch & totally enjoy. Very robust as well. My larger Fry's cheapie needs the outdoors and NO wind, and is very breakable. Just Do It !!
    The heli kiosk guys sold me a larger cheapie as well, they threw in a parts heli and I was stripping it down after the first 2 flights. Now it still flies so I just use it as a shelf queen.

I was gonna' shnooker Randy with it 'cause he saw it loved the way it flew and wanted to trade me somethin' for it but I didn't have the heart to stick 'eem the way the kiosk guys got me LoL

Its bad enough I've got you guys all buggin' out on the little gizmos, I don't need to start rippin' ya' off LoL!!!

I be Tony has not blinked in a few days now.... these suckers are fun!!! Tony, which one did you get?
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    I be Tony has not blinked in a few days now.... these suckers are fun!!! Tony, which one did you get?
    I'm hopelessly addicted. I got one off fleabay that Bill recommended. Then I got a bigger one at Fry's. It's very fragile & needs some practice. Now looking at the E-Flite MSR. That's the ONE !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ2WFAvbuys
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I'm hopelessly addicted. I got one off fleabay that Bill recommended. Then I got a bigger one at Fry's. It's very fragile & needs some practice. Now looking at the E-Flite MSR. That's the ONE !

I may pick up an MSR next..

Now looking at the E-Flite MSR. That's the ONE !

But THAT is the one you guys were just trying to talk me out of!

Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Tony llooked like a child with a new toy... oh wait... it is a child with a new toy!!!

They are fun, I got the scraps from Bill and worked on them last night till 1:00AM. I flew a little this morning, good fun.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    But THAT is the one you guys were just trying to talk me out of!

Dont get the MSR Darin! I know I'm bein' a fence stiier but even ask Randy, the 20 buk specials are perfect!

Tony llooked like a child with a new toy... oh wait... it is a child with a new toy!!!
    Hey, I resemtble that remark !!
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

don't resemtble.. I wanna look like a child with a new toy too!!!! My waiting period started today...

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    Dont get the MSR Darin! I know I'm bein' a fence stiier but even ask Randy, the 20 buk specials are perfect!
    Yes I am as good as Proper I can make it hover. What is up though you said it had a broken lading gear which is not and the charge cord is missing? It was really only worth $15.00 with all the work I had to do, the charge jack was messes up too!
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Msr is'nt for your first one. Get the 20 dollar jobber first then when and if you stick with it and get bored flying a slow and steady coaxial then get an Msr.
    Attached Images Attached Images

don't resemtble.. I wanna look like a child with a new toy too!!!! My waiting period started today...
    UB go to your nearest major indoor shopping mall. theyre bound to sell them at a kiosk there. its the ones with the BS rc cars with flashing lights and BS. You can buy them used for pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    Yes I am as good as Proper I can make it hover. What is up though you said it had a broken lading gear which is not and the charge cord is missing? It was really only worth $15.00 with all the work I had to do, the charge jack was messes up too!
    Really? I didn't inspect the radio on the tandem, the TX I gave you should have been in good shape
    -Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    Really? I didn't inspect the radio on the tandem, the TX I gave you should have been in good shape
    -Sorry
    No problem, just busting your chops!
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Bill, I don't know whether to kiss you or shoot you. I now have THREE, count 'em THREE helis in less than a week . I just picked up an E-Flite Blade MCX
    S300 and it's BAD !!! Perfect control, hovers like it's encased in glass ! Even has a "dual rate for dummies" setting to soften the inputs while learning. Lovin it !!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bill, I don't know whether to kiss you or shoot you. I now have THREE, count 'em THREE helis in less than a week . I just picked up an E-Flite Blade MCX
    S300 and it's BAD !!! Perfect control, hovers like it's encased in glass ! Even has a "dual rate for dummies" setting to soften the inputs while learning. Lovin it !!!!!!
    The MCX in a weeks time is going to make you need to have an MSR now your doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by hydromaddicted View Post
    The MCX in a weeks time is going to make you need to have an MSR now your doomed.
    I thought about the MSR, but my apt's like 10 by 12 feet so no high performance manuevers are likely possible. Then again, anything can happen !!

I thought about the MSR, but my apt's like 10 by 12 feet so no high performance manuevers are likely possible. Then again, anything can happen !!
    Oh man, you got the bug!
    If you do get the MSR, hang on to your hat.. that bugger is fast.
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Broke both of mine is just a short moment, Dang
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Default msr

yeah, that MSR is a different animal. But kick on the dual rate to tame it down, flies more like an MCX coaxial. My boys do great on the co-axials, wouldn't dream of handing them the controls to the MSR.

The MCX can get boring because it is so stable and slow after awhile. But it is challenging to see just were you can fly it and land it!

Brian

crank the expo on the MCX for a bit more fun
    and you can tame the expo on the MSR for a bit more tame flight, but they are still a fast heli for their size..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    crank the expo on the MCX for a bit more fun
    and you can tame the expo on the MSR for a bit more tame flight, but they are still a fast heli for their size..
    At the present time, until I find a bigger space to fly in, I'm restricted to flying in a 10X 20 foot bachelor pad. No need for high performance or speed. Outdoors, since I'm a mile from the ocean, lots of wind. I'm calling the LHS today to see if I can hook up with some fliers that have a large indoor venue. Until then, the MCX on "dual rate for dummies" is the best I can hope for. And yup, looking forward to a single rotor bird. For the record, I'm just keeping myself from going crazy from FE withdrawal ; my raceboats are dialed in and "on the shelf" waiting for WW VI in Arizona the end of the month

I just keep playing with the 2 channel Air hogs copter an in-law gave me over a year ago. It's a challenge just trying to hover without for/rev motion control...'specially when the heat kicks on and starts making thermals all over the living room. But you guys definitley have me interested in getting another. Would be cool to get some mini cameras and hover over the pond with a live feed though eh?

Default HexaKopter

Here's one for you guys, it can carry a liter of Coke and a camera and come back by itself.
    Pretty cool.
    http://mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/VideoAbspielen?id=188
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Quote Originally Posted by pescador View Post
    Here's one for you guys, it can carry a liter of Coke and a camera and come back by itself.
    Pretty cool.
    Total MINDBLOWER !! Hope the US Joint Chiefs of Staff see this

Wow that thing takes off like a rocket!!!!... or i must say like an UFO!!?? not that i have seen one in person(only on TV)....lol
    I`ve seen something,coincidentally,called the UFO.There are some other variations as well.Some with 3 props others with 4.If i remember well the good ones go for around $100-150.Cool flying i must say,.........................Al

Simply Amazing! Just like the Germans to come up with this...

No, I am not going to succumb to the helicopter addiction...

I hope this works...

Quote Originally Posted by pescador View Post
    Pretty cool.
    I want one!
    that would make for some really awesome video shots of FE racing with my Sony HD cam..
    I wonder how much they are?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast