Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WINTER BAD WEATHER REMEDY (is anyone else into these?)

Default WINTER BAD WEATHER REMEDY (is anyone else into these?)

Guys, I've discovered a passtime that has me going absolutely bezerk. I can't stop buying these little micro 3-channel helicopters!!

These things are the most amazing rc gizmos I've ever seen. Bang for your buck is UNBEATABLE the performance of these little 3-channel ones is truly amazing. The little air hogs and other 2-channel ones weren't nearly as impressive as these. Fully proportional radio. The radio runs off lazer like a tv remote, my flying skills have drasticly improved.

I will soon post a video of these. The best performing one I have is currently selling for $14.00 rtr and will give you 15 minutes of runtime and more enjoyment than you can imagine. Don't let the small price or size fool ya' these things are AMAZING

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Ch-Remote-Radi...#ht_2885wt_941

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2010-Syma-Mo...ht_2555wt_1167

there is literally no better bang for your buck in rc as these. They come ready to run as the transmitter doubles as a charger. You can wreck them 100 times with little to no damage virtually indestructable

they have replacable patrs and nothing on them is over $3.00. I've been flying them sun up to sun down like 12 hours a day like a full time job. i've rigged up the transmitters with lipo and nimh rechargables so I never have to buy ANYTHING they require zero maintenance.

I was cancerned that it may interfere or hinder my boat driving sills, but I do remember the 2 fastest guys in the country have heli experience, one guy is actually called Raptor, and the other guy is Doug Twaits!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've had my share of those guys. Great fun indeed. I moved up to an MCX, and then the MSR from there. The MSR is an absoloute blast. Super fast and stable. You should definately conside one of those!!

My son got a little 2-channel job for his birthday and had a blast with it. I'm going to get us a couple of the 3 or 4 channel versions shortly. They are fun, and the small ones are much better at staying together when you crash them!!

Good Call, Bill!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Don't have the weather problem. hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    Don't have the weather problem. hehehehe

Guys, lets git eem!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    My son got a little 2-channel job for his birthday and had a blast with it. I'm going to get us a couple of the 3 or 4 channel versions shortly. They are fun, and the small ones are much better at staying together when you crash them!!

Good Call, Bill!

Awesome! I was hoping there wasn't anything wrong with me lol I've started motifying them by simply placing a steel 440 screw in the nose for weight MUCH more stable, and makes them run faster as well

Default heli's

Started with the three channel co-axials also. Bought a few and broke them. Moved up to the esky dauphin which was bigger. very nice but if you crash it you can break it. Fixable and not bad priced.

I then purchased a pack of the MCX's. Using those to teach my 8 and 9 year old to fly, gave one to my brother. (Sister in law is upset at me!)

I just purchased a msr for the the next level.

I gotta say, these one ounce helis are great. They do not break easily.

Brian

I have two - - Our cat Loves 'em !!!

Quote Originally Posted by FloatDaBoat View Post
    I have two - - Our cat Loves 'em !!!
    I cant buy them anymore, while fun for a while, my two Korats, Tom and Jerry double team the poor things and leap nearly 8 ft to bring them down and then they both ritually rip them apart hissing the whole time, funny stuff.

Bro, don't do this to me; you KNOW what an addictive personality I have

Thanks for the link 'tho !!

Edit : OK I'm in; which one should I get ? [ It's raining & my P.O. doesn't like me watching too much *!***!***!***!**]

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    Guys, I've discovered a passtime that has me going absolutely bezerk. I can't stop buying these little micro 3-channel helicopters!!

These things are the most amazing rc gizmos I've ever seen. Bang for your buck is UNBEATABLE the performance of these little 3-channel ones is truly amazing. The little air hogs and other 2-channel ones weren't nearly as impressive as these. Fully proportional radio. The radio runs off lazer like a tv remote, my flying skills have drasticly improved.

I will soon post a video of these. The best performing one I have is currently selling for $14.00 rtr and will give you 15 minutes of runtime and more enjoyment than you can imagine. Don't let the small price or size fool ya' these things are AMAZING

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Ch-Remote-Radi...#ht_2885wt_941

there is literally no better bang for your buck in rc as these. They come ready to run as the transmitter doubles as a charger. You can wreck them 100 times with little to no damage virtually indestructable

they have replacable patrs and nothing on them is over $3.00. I've been flying them sun up to sun down like 12 hours a day like a full time job. i've rigged up the transmitters with lipo and nimh rechargables so I never have to buy ANYTHING they require zero maintenance.

I was cancerned that it may interfere or hinder my boat driving sills, but I do remember the 2 fastest guys in the country have heli experience, one guy is actually called Raptor, and the other guy is Doug Twaits!
    Last edited by properchopper; 01-19-2010 at 08:05 PM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Default mcx

If you can swing it, get a 4 ch mcx. They have a gyro and are SUPER stable!

I bought 2 packs of 5 broken ones from ebay and got 7 operating total! total cost, less than $300 plus I have 3 sets for spare parts.

The 3 channel ones are fun also, but I was surprised by how much control the swash plate added on the 4 channel one.

Brian

great prices on those..
    I have a Blade MCX and fly that thing like crazy!
    I also have the Micro SU-26, and Micro P-51.. cheap fun
    with all the info I've learned on OSE about wiring, I did a parallel connector on my SU-26 and now that thing goes vertical to almost out of sight!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I have two of the 3ch guys but both are on channel C so we can't fly at the same time. Seems you can't find them on channels a or b! Dang!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I have a 3CH Co-ax Heli that is kind of fun but I can see where the 4th Ch comes in.....sideways for the hover.

I am going to have to get a 4CH co-ax and do some workshop flying.

Today was out for the the boats due to a real strong wind from the South.
    I had the wagon packed and all ready to roll and then woke up this morning to the curtains flaping and the wind blowing through the windows.

I peaked an old Ni pack for the crawler and went for over an hour crawl down at a mates place.

A heli may come here soon !!
    See it....find the photos.....sketch it it....build it........with wood

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Bro, don't do this to me; you KNOW what an addictive personality I have

Thanks for the link 'tho !!

Edit : OK I'm in; which one should I get ? [ It's raining & my P.O. doesn't like me watching too much *!***!***!***!**]
    Tony, I posted this SPECIFICLY to get you hooked. I had you in mind the WHOLE time partner..

The clown over at the heli kiosk talked me into this slightly larger one which I don't like. The micro coaxial are the best..

Tony, I recommend this one JUST GET IT!!! Trust me..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Syma-S018-Ai...ht_5300wt_1167

20 bux shipped? can't beat it and it flies magnificent. If you've always wanted a heli here's your chance

At the risk of sounding like an E-Flite commercial ...

Micro heli's are great!

I bought an original MCX for my 50-year-old sister Christmas 2008. She loves it - and she doesn't even have a cat!

This year I bought the S-300 MCX for our pastor (55-ish) and HE loves it. He has an 8-year-old - almost as good as a cat

I was one of the in-house beta testers for the MSR, and fell in love with it. What a difference in handling! I was getting bored with our MCX, but the MSR upped the challenge a little. The new Blade SR is likewise a step up in fun for me.

Bringing it back to boating, the MSR lands fine on the heli pad of a scale ship - just don't miss! There's not enough power for carrying floats. I don't think I'm the first to find that out, either

One of my flying buddies has several of the Syma heli's. We tried and tried to fly them successfully on Thanksgiving in my garage (I have a 5-car garage, so there's plenty of room), and managed to get one to actually take off and land (sort of), but it was a real chore to handle. He had no problem with the MCX, even in the kitchen.

Like Brian said above, going from a 3-channel 'toy' to a 4-channel really makes a huge difference. For $20, the Syma is probably OK.

Tell you what - a 4-ch heli will definitely make you a better airplane pilot. All of a sudden that rudder stick becomes useful.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

One of my flying buddies has several of the Syma heli's. We tried and tried to fly them successfully on Thanksgiving in my garage (I have a 5-car garage, so there's plenty of room), and managed to get one to actually take off and land (sort of), but it was a real chore to handle. He had no problem with the MCX, even in the kitchen.

Andy[/QUOTE]

I tried in my garage and had the same results, it just wouldn't do it, but indoors with no ac on or draft, I've got the thing dipping through loops, carrying 5 gram loads with ease, and doing some impressive maneuvers.

Tony, I posted this SPECIFICLY to get you hooked. I had you in mind the WHOLE time partner..

Tony, I recommend this one JUST GET IT!!! Trust me..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Syma-S018-Ai...ht_5300wt_1167

20 bux shipped? can't beat it and it flies magnificent. If you've always wanted a heli here's your chance
    OK-OK, just ordered one [ Is it alright if I keep watching *!***!***!***!** 'till it arrives ?]
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

OK-OK, just ordered one [ Is it alright if I keep watching *!***!***!***!** 'till it arrives ?]

It's all over now bro..
    Helis are like FE Boats, just one is not enough!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    It's all over now bro..
    Helis are like FE Boats, just one is not enough!
    Crap; Another fine mess I've gotten myself into

Hahahahahaha!! You'll have fun though, Tony!!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Here's what I meant. Not my video.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1179464

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Oh yes guys,this is addictive!!!..i got me a micro 4ch 2.4ghz e-flite mcx S300 for Christmas and im already looking for a good used MSR.Love them!! all this after some of those "mall" cheapo" 2ch ones.Haven`t tried the 3ch ones thou...
    This e-flite helis come with 2.4ghz radios and you can bind the Tx to any of them.
    Even the bigger coax ones CX2 and CX3 can be binded.And e-flite backs you up with a full line of replacement and upgrading parts!!!
    Check their site at;www.e-flite.com/blade/ for awesome info and videos.
    I`m ready for an MSR!!!!..........Albert/karfrik

Crap; Another fine mess I've gotten myself into
    Did yours show up yet pal??

Did yours show up yet pal??
    It was shipped yesterday. Really looking forward to it ; it's still raining cats & dogs
    and I just stepped into a Poodle

Default My collection

Just got the MSR, it is definately fast! Only have flown it about 3 times now in the basement, will try to fly it at work this week.

The MSX's I purchased two sets of 5 broken ones off of ebay, about $300 total. Got 7 of them working fine, gave one to my brother with a broken one for spare parts. Right now the two in front are working, the three in the middle need new center shafts, the three in back are for spare parts. My dauphin is in the back.

All total, about $520 sitting there less the two I gave away! Lots of fun for that much coin.

My boys are flying the MSX's now, they are 8 and 9, never flew anything before so they are SUPER stable!

Now, anyone know the best place to buy new parts for these? Figure I would ask before I started googling it.

Brian

befu, try Hobbytown if you have one near by..

It was shipped yesterday. Really looking forward to it ; it's still raining cats & dogs
    and I just stepped into a Poodle
    Dear Tony,

If your heli dosen't come today I will start crying..

I'm already puffing cells! If that dosen't indicate I'm flyin' the crud out of them and pushing the current limits on these little buggers I dunno what does lol..

The guys at the mall sell broken and retired copters to me for 5 bux and I disect them for their batteries, tail motors etc.

Dear Tony,

If your heli dosen't come today I will start crying..
    Still waiting !

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast