Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Best Day Ever !

Quote Originally Posted by tsenecal View Post
    properchopper,

i am a relative noob to the FE scene, can you explain/define the "AoA sponson" terminology used to describe the differences between the MV and UL-1 in post #17?

thanks
    Tim,

The AoA [angle of attack] describes the amount of rise from the back of the sponson to the front of the sponson.The greater the AoA, the more the boat rides on the back of the sponson, which creates less drag and more speed, but in the case of the UL-1 can create some stability issues, such as wobbling from side to side at speed. I've all but eliminated the wobbling on my UL-1 by adding ride pads which reduced the AoA. The Vegas has a relatively mild AoA and is very stable and with enough motor can get up & go !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

AH man... how come on a Monday? Am i the only one who works.. bummer, i wont be making any get togethers unless we can do them on the weekends...

Quote Originally Posted by wolf IV View Post
    AH man... how come on a Monday? Am i the only one who works.. bummer, i wont be making any get togethers unless we can do them on the weekends...
    Picked this Monday since most of the guys will be down for the SAWS. Recommended by Tony. It would be nice to get all the FE's together including Randy and WIlber, etc before they head back north.

SInce you are close, we can plan on next Sat or Sunday to test your new boats and set that speed record now that you have the matched props!

Ok sounds good, ill bring my box of props ive got 30 or so s/b so we will find something good for your mm. I started hacking another miss vegas i got hold of and installed the wire drive today. Still waiting on the other mv. Ive got to fab the rear lip on the hatch and c/f everything. Got the motor in the mm(7xl) and waiting for esc;s(in the mail). Primered the 22'' mono and have all the holes drilled for the hardware needs sanding and paint... The rain has held me up on the c/f (epoxy/resin) and paint. We shall see what this week brings. Worst case ill be there next weekend w/ props for you and to get that 70 mph w/ the timo. Ill call you later in the week to set up a time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123