Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best Day Ever !

Default The Best Day Ever !

If there is a FE Heaven, I was there yesterday Joe V. { Questtek} invited Brad { FE WANNABE } and Josh { WOLF IV }, myself and some other SoCal boaties to his backyard FE playground for some good times. Joe was a great host ; Pizza, Wings, Munchies & chilled beveridges. Toured his lab & saw some amazing tech stuff. [ Just Wait, kiddies !]. Ran boats from his back porch (!) , munched, & met some friendly locals. Private lake, electric pontoon boat for running & rescue. Yowzah !!

Grab some & enjoy [ scroll to next two posts for more]

Check out the back porch at the end of this [Vegas] vid !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJWAMNT-uLA

Josh's absolutely gorgeous, incredibly built, twin Neu-powered Maritomo from the pontoon boat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4c32mBwd6E
    Last edited by properchopper; 01-18-2010 at 06:55 PM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Default More Fun at Joe's

Brad's BBY hydro running with my UL-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yicE1_TfDDY

Josh's Maritomo from the porch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCZ8vZO6Nrw

H&M Shovel with fresh repairs & a new Turnigy 180

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WWyFCg_55w
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Default Two more from Joe's

DF 33 P-Offshore setup testing out R & L turns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E7q0tuF5nU

Finally, the good 'Ole VS-1 / UL-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsJLoGgRxfU

At the end of the day, I said a nostalgic goodbye to my trusty old Drifter S and passed it along to Brad, who was there in 2006 when it set the NAMBA LSO SAW record . She's in good hands now !

Joe, Thanks again for hosting such a good time, and Josh, welcome to SoCal Fast Electrics
    Last edited by properchopper; 01-18-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Great set up and looks like a great day gad by all.

Tony, the Vegas rocks!! Looks like upper 50's, no?

looks you guys had a blast! man Tony that Vegas is SCREAMING!

Bastards...............greetings from snowy and frozen Canada

Tony sorry I missed being there, I was at a 5 yr. old B-day party...
    I feel like the flakiest FE goer in our club... all I can say is, I'll be back soon,
    things are settling down and I'll be able to at least be present at the lake again.

Talk to you soon my friend,
    Jan
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Talking

GOT TO SAY IT.

AWESOME SPOT YOU HAVE THERE.

THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE THE FASTEST VEGAS U-1 I HAVE SEEN. 2 OF MY FRIENDS OWN THAT HULL AND BOTH OF THERE BOATS WOULDN'T EVEN COME CLOSE . NICE WORK CHOPPER.

WOLF I JUST LOVE WATCHING THAT TIMO OF YOURS , IT REALLY LOOKS GOOD ON THE WATER.
    LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE HER DIALED IN REAL NICE DUDE. WHAT SPEEDS WAS SHE DOING.

CHOPPER HAVE TO AGREE VERY GOOD DAY'S BOATING .

THANKS FOR THE VID.

BONEWAR

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Bastards...............greetings from snowy and frozen Canada
    Yeah, Boston here, only thing we can do is make ice cubes...but it's real nice to see some vids from the huys down South to keep your juices running! Thanks for the motivation!!

You did a great job loading the video clips, Tony. Glad you enjoyed the day. It was a real pleasure to get some tips on FE set-ups and share some new technologies. Nice to be with such a great bunch of guys. Too bad we couldn't get some of the FE boys out that are stuck with ice covered ponds this time of year!

I am going to HK and China next week and visit some of the RC component mfgs so I should have lots more neat stuff the next time we get together. Jan, hope you can make it next time!

Sure rub it in you Beach Bums .... so much ice here on our ponds this year we won't run until April!
    Last edited by Eodman; 01-19-2010 at 12:26 PM.
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

Liked all boats for sure,but Joshs twin motor Maritomo(Or Maritimo?) hauls As....!!!
    Love that sound!!! and the speed..
    thanks for sharing the videos ,...Albert/karfrik

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Tony, the Vegas rocks!! Looks like upper 50's, no?
    With a few new prop tweaks of late, I'm sure it's pushin' 60 mph. Capable of more, but I don't want to beat it up. I knocked 2 seconds off the NAMBA 2-Lap record I had set with the H&M, & the H&M did a solid 60 through the SAW traps a few months ago. I really don't like the GPS Truth-O-Meter , if it LOOKS fast, it's good enough for me !

Quote Originally Posted by Eodman View Post
    Sure rub it in you Beach Bums ....
    Hey, hold on- It started to drizzle late Sunday at Joes. He actually had to deploy the electric motor driven awning to keep the drops from wetting the pizza !!

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Hey, hold on- It started to drizzle late Sunday at Joes. He actually had to deploy the electric motor driven awning to keep the drops from wetting the pizza !!
    Oh man!
    we have frozen lakes..

PC, do you think the MV is a better racer than the UL-1?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    PC, do you think the MV is a better racer than the UL-1?
    Excellent question ; thought about it a lot myself. Some points to consider :
    [ given that we're talking about P-spec power]

The MV is 30" with relatively flat AoA sponsons. Stable in racewater & corners very well. The UL-1 is 27", lighter, and likely faster due to lighter weight & less wetted surface. Bad sponson dancing unless you reduce the AoA - I did that to mine & vented the forward part of the hull.

It'll be interesting to see what the racers show up with at WW VI. I'm betting that there'll be some PT SS 21's & Whiplash hulls with the UL-1 motors for P-Spec LSH.
    These bigger hulls, like the MV, may be the trend. Staying on their bottom for 6 laps rather than all-out speed might be the winning ticket.

The MV is 30" with relatively flat AoA sponsons. Stable in racewater & corners very well. The UL-1 is 27", lighter, and likely faster due to lighter weight & less wetted surface. Bad sponson dancing unless you reduce the AoA - I did that to mine & vented the forward part of the hull.

It'll be interesting to see what the racers show up with at WW VI. I'm betting that there'll be some PT SS 21's & Whiplash hulls with the UL-1 motors for P-Spec LSH.
    These bigger hulls, like the MV, may be the trend. Staying on their bottom for 6 laps rather than all-out speed might be the winning ticket.

thank you!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

DF 33 P-Offshore setup testing out R & L turns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E7q0tuF5nU

Finally, the good 'Ole VS-1 / UL-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsJLoGgRxfU

At the end of the day, I said a nostalgic goodbye to my trusty old Drifter S and passed it along to Brad, who was there in 2006 when it set the NAMBA LSO SAW record . She's in good hands now !

Joe, Thanks again for hosting such a good time, and Josh, welcome to SoCal Fast Electrics
    **SCFE*** BABBY Man im glad to see you had as good a time as i did!! All ive got to say is ..LETS DO IT AGAIN!!!..... ill work on a few of my hydros for some battling for the next time!

Quote Originally Posted by questtek View Post
    You did a great job loading the video clips, Tony. Glad you enjoyed the day. It was a real pleasure to get some tips on FE set-ups and share some new technologies. Nice to be with such a great bunch of guys. Too bad we couldn't get some of the FE boys out that are stuck with ice covered ponds this time of year!

I am going to HK and China next week and visit some of the RC component mfgs so I should have lots more neat stuff the next time we get together. Jan, hope you can make it next time!
    Joe, thanks again for a wonderful time!!! im looking forward to see what this next year has in store for us! ive been running in the harbor for over 4 years by myself. MISS TIMO whispered in my ear last night while reminiscing on the bench, " didnt even know what to do with that much calm fresh water in front of me" ... And... i now have a much better set up due to testing the smaller mah lipo's!! so cool...

Quote Originally Posted by bonewar View Post
    GOT TO SAY IT.

AWESOME SPOT YOU HAVE THERE.

THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE THE FASTEST VEGAS U-1 I HAVE SEEN. 2 OF MY FRIENDS OWN THAT HULL AND BOTH OF THERE BOATS WOULDN'T EVEN COME CLOSE . NICE WORK CHOPPER.

WOLF I JUST LOVE WATCHING THAT TIMO OF YOURS , IT REALLY LOOKS GOOD ON THE WATER.
    LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE HER DIALED IN REAL NICE DUDE. WHAT SPEEDS WAS SHE DOING.

CHOPPER HAVE TO AGREE VERY GOOD DAY'S BOATING .

THANKS FOR THE VID.

BONEWAR
    hahaha lol! WELLLL... IT RUNS 65 MPH ALL DAY LONG, BUT THE RUN JOE FILMED AND SAID I HIT 63MPH WAS INCORRECT IT WAS 65MPH... BUT THIS TIME OUT I HIT 67.1 WICH HAPPENS TO BE THE EXACT TOP SPEED I HIT IN THE HARBOR WEEKS PRIOR... STILL A BIT SHY OF MY 70 MPH MARK, BUT AGAIN THESE ARE WITH UNMATCHED PROPPS THAT ARENT WORKED. ONLY S&B 442'S. ILL GET SOME 442'S W/ A LITTLE LOVE HERE REAL SOON... I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR MASTER PIECE!!!!!!!!!

Tony,
    Next time you guys go out let me know and I will try to make it out there as well. Joe I have run at that lake before a long time ago. Someone complained about the noise and they told us not to come back. Looks like you live on a nice strait part of the lake. I look forward to joining you guys.

Mark

Tony
    Is this the lake he was telling us at the SAW's about?

It would ne nice to see some of the boats up close too.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

May I play if I'm down there when you're doin' it?
    Looks like a great time to me!

Everything Tony puts in the water lights up like all four seasons..
    Its because he PLAYS with his boats quite often for personal enjoyment.

Most laid back guy at an event ever..
    I wish I could be so relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    As long as I'm not busy playing with my Heli !

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    I talked to tony this is the guy that was at the SAW's We were invited on monday that we left to come down and enjoy the lake.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

I was a FOOL for not goin' that looks placid..
    Enjoy a few beers, maybe a sandwich.. Everybody out there makin' hot passes, jokes

As long as I'm not busy playing with my Heli !
    Mr. Heller, I picked up four more today lol..

What is an MV?

Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

MV= Miss Vegas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast