Thread: Raptor Rigger N2 Conversion

Default Raptor Rigger N2 Conversion

NEXT!

I have too many projects going already, so I figured I'd get started on another... This one may be a back burner project that I take out when I can't do anything on my other two that I have going, but I'll post updates here as I go.

This is an early version of the Raptor P-Limited Hydro that I got from Brian early on... It doesn't have the recess in the bottom for the ride-pad, but is otherwise identical to the current tub.

My intent is to build a set of JAE sponsons and adapt them to this tube, and mount a full-tilt N2-Hydro power system into it... May be a tight fit, but we'll see what we can fit in there...

First step... shorten the tube 2" to get the hull under the 27" max for N2... Tube is was 28".

After cutting back 2" off, I created a new 2-layer transom piece by fitting a piece of ply inside the back of the hull, then layering a second piece over the top to overlap the sides of the tube... I then layed some carbon cloth over it all and epoxied in place. I layed some additional carbon in the bottom to make the driveline area more rigid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

What a afliction! I have it too. But that is why I put up rules to stop at some things like the CBox, it keeps me from getting way too involved. It will be fun to see you race this at the nats.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing