Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minicat Racing Tenshock Mini Eco

quick question on the eco jim, do you have to remove the prop to get the drive shaft out to grease it?

It isn't necessary but easier to get the shaft out past the rudder. I have removed it with the prop intact. It's OK to flex the wire shaft a LITTLE to squeeze past the rudder.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I got one of these and the best advice I can give is dont store the boat with the shaft in it. Mine was rusted in place and now I only store it without the shaft installed. I love the boat

I've got a mini-eco and love it. I had the same stuffing problems (thought I'd lost the boat in the bottom mud once). Sailr's help (or customer service) was excellent and we adjusted the size of my batts and the placement so no it rarely goes under. It really does well in rough water. I was thinking of trying some hump packs to see if it would provide more flexibility.

The quality is great and even with all the stuffing I had when I first got it, the inside was bone dry. I'm seriously thinking about getting another for my son so we can race around the pond - a bit of an upgrade for him.
    SV-27, Challenger 31, Mini-Cat ECO, Mini-xXx,

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    This is the reason i sold my mini revo. I'm too damned addicted to boats. It's so exciting every time you run a new setup!

Sorry to hear that I just finished my Mini Revo. Now Im in the market for my first boat.

Do you have any details on setup of boat?

Gents, new to this thread, and the boat, recently purchased from minicat..LOVE IT !! and the service BEHIND the boat, any product is only as good as the support, Jim is off the hook, makes it a amazing product..

Thanks for the kind words chidago! We have a new shipment coming in late April so get on board guys!! Spring is here!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

DSCN2797.jpg Jim, its men like you that bring us new, and fun things..and SUPPORT them..not hobby king..its the little guys who have the passion for hobbies that make hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by chidago View Post
    Gents, new to this thread, and the boat, recently purchased from minicat..LOVE IT !! and the service BEHIND the boat, any product is only as good as the support, Jim is off the hook, makes it a amazing product..
    Welcome! I have many boats that Jim carries and/or has carried, love them all. I will say it's because of him that I fell in love with FE. His support is great, any time i have questions, he is only one e mail away.

Tl, thanks.. :) yeah, I'm new to electric, have a pond right out my front door, but, no noise..lol, so, electric it is. this little boat is a lagh a minute, really enjoying it.

Just got my new mini eco all set up today. Took it out and ran it all I can say is wow!!!!!!! This thing is unbalievable fast and turns on a dime. Stuffed it a few times so I've got a little work to do but very little. Love this thing oh and good luck flipping it mine sticks to the water like glue. I recommend this this thing to everybody who wants a smile put on there face!!!!!!

Great, aint it? wait till you get a few hours on it..

what size of lipos fit this hull?
    thanks
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Depends on the maker..I have a 2200 and a 2650 3S that fit..cg is hugely important on it, so, overall size it critical, and to fit inside the hull

Jim do you know when the new shipment will be arriving?
    If all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed!

We are waiting for shipping information. Sorry we don't have a date yet but should be within the next couple of weeks.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Could you get me a shipping quote to Hil, HI 96720?

Shipping by priority mail insured to Hawaii is approx. $30.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Shipping by priority mail insured to Hawaii is approx. $30.

Thanks!

Morning all..

Hope you dont mind me recalling an old thread..
    Just joined your forums the other day after purchasing one of these boats for my son on ebay.

Payed $120 for a brushless tenshock mini eco.. 4 x 2 cell lipo's
    Gonna put a spektrum surface reciever in it and go

Read this thread.. got some good information out of it and will be asking more questions soon enough about setting this girl up.

Would like to look into racing.. i hear these have a class of their own??
    What about batteries.. 2 cell or 3??

Might start looking around for clubs.. I am in Western Australia.. 2hrs south of Perth

Anyway... will get back here once it turns up... should only be a day or 2

They are made for the Naviga Mini Eco class, but from what I hear most clubs down under and certainly the national racing doesn't race Naviga classes, whether or not you have an equivalent class or not I have no idea. If none of you fellow compatriots chime in here, there is a very amusing thread called skippies and kiwis, post there and you will get your answer.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

WOW that was fast.. it arrived today..

It is a beautiful looking machine.. very small.. lol.. especially when it sits on my mono gasser
    Looks like the self righting holes are already in it..

Cant wait for friday now.. taking both boats out for a play.. mates got a little 38kg punt with electric motor for putting out bouys and recovery.

Hey Stangas,

I have been reading a lot of threads on the mini eco... mine is in the mail on it's way but from what I have read, spectrum receivers don't work well with this setup. You may want to email Jim at minicat racing USA to confirm but I did read it. I am going with a Tactic radio... no antenna as a bonus....

I don't know about that, ( Spektrum not working well) but if you have a CF hull, Tactic would not be a good choice, you need to extent the antenna on the rx to outside.
    CF blocks the signal and the tiny antenna inside the Tactic receiver would not do it!!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

The failsafe on the Spektrum marine RX is rather slow to cut in so if a boat dives (and these do from time to time) it will keep going for a while, the cheaper AR6200 RX actually has a much quicker failsafe and is better suited to these boats if you want to stay with Spektrum, but you have to waterproof it yourself.

FASST keeps working through some water and has an quick failsafe making it suitable, but you have to waterproof it yourself.

Frsky has a quick failsafe, but won't penetrate water at all, so you have to mount the aerial on the top right in so it is above water even if the wind stops you self-righting for a while, you also have to waterproof them yourself.

I don't know of anyone who races these (or any other self righting boat) with a Tactic radio, so cant say if it is suitable or not, though if it is you will probably have to mount it on the right side and use more lead in the flood chamber in order to get it to self-right.

I picked the tactic because it was on my aquacraft boat, my mini is fiberglass so I don't have to worry about interference (carbon fiber). I have been looking at waterproofing the Rx, there are a lot of different methods from balloons to plasticoat to corrosion x.... any opinions on what is best?

I use electronics grade (acid free) silicone sealant, but corrosion X is not available here, I would have probably given it a go had it been.

Balloons don't work, or rather they only work to a very limited extent, if you get a mL or 2 up the shaft a balloon will stop it splashing on the RX, but so will a piece of sponge under the stuffing tube, if the hatch comes off, the hull gets holed, or it is under water for an extended period of time, and there is a significant amount of water in the hull, water will enter the balloon and keep it wet.

[QUOTE=NativePaul;587416]I use electronics grade (acid free) silicone sealant, but corrosion X is not available here, I would have probably given it a go had it been.

Balloons don't work, or rather they only work to a very limited extent, if you get a mL or 2 up the shaft a balloon will stop it splashing on the RX, but so will a piece of sponge under the stuffing tube, if the hatch comes off, the hull gets holed, or it is under water for an extended period of time, and there is a significant amount of water in the hull, water will enter the balloon and keep it wet.[/QUOTE
    Paul should you want to try Corrosion X its available in the UK from corrosion-x.co.uk, they also list 2 model shops that they sell to MB Models & RC Pitstop.

I have a bottle of corrosion x on the way, should be here this weekend, I found one place that sells it in Canada. Plastidip for some reason is illegal in Canada (so I've been told) otherwise I might have gone that route. I found a ton of vendors on ebay in the US but they will not ship it to Canada so I would have to guess there some truth in it. I have watched a number of videos where guys have used corrosion x on their esc and then run the vehicle with the esc submerged.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast