Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Minicat Racing Tenshock Mini Eco

Default Minicat Racing Tenshock Mini Eco

Just ordered one up. Anyone running one of these lil guys? Looks like an awesome boat. Fast as the dickens and turns on a dime. I've got a couple zippy 3s 20c 1500 mah lipos and a couple of 2s for her. Gotta love the self righting feature! Especially in the winter!! Can't wait till she come in, i'll get some vid in this awesome 16 degree weather!

i envy you right now lol hahaha id love to get a mini eco but that doesnt look like its happening any time soon

This is the reason i sold my mini revo. I'm too damned addicted to boats. It's so exciting every time you run a new setup!

I was going to get one too but other plans went into overdrive. I would like to see these with 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    This is the reason i sold my mini revo. I'm too damned addicted to boats. It's so exciting every time you run a new setup!
    I hear ya, boats are nuts!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Got my eco today. She is a beauty! Flawless gelcoat. Awesome hardware. Stainless prop and rudder. Mr. Sailr included a programming card with the 35 amp Seaking esc. Also even hooked me up with a nice roll of hatch tape. He even includes a female deans for your battery if you need it! Placed the battery and it took a bit, but I got it so that it self rights in about 4 seconds. First run reports will be tomorrow. I have 2 Flightmax 3s 20c 1500 packs charged up and ready to go! Should be a balmy 35 degrees tomorrow!

Got my eco today. She is a beauty! Flawless gelcoat. Awesome hardware. Stainless prop and rudder. Mr. Sailr included a programming card with the 35 amp Seaking esc. Also even hooked me up with a nice roll of hatch tape. He even includes a female deans for your battery if you need it! Placed the battery and it took a bit, but I got it so that it self rights in about 4 seconds. First run reports will be tomorrow. I have 2 Flightmax 3s 20c 1500 packs charged up and ready to go! Should be a balmy 35 degrees tomorrow!
    Hey rumdog, just wondered where the CofG is on your boat? I've got one of these in yellow (you're right, they're very well put together) and I'm struggling to get it any less than 40%. I found that the position of the steering servo and self righting chamber limits where you can mount the battery making cofg adjustment difficult. Mine kept submarining with a Flightmax 2200 2c, but I've got a lighter/smaller 1250 3c pack that I've not tried as yet (due to a frozen lake!) which I hope will help. Have you any internal pics? I'd be interested to know how yours runs.

Rob

I'll check the cg when I get home. it was running a tad wet though. Had the cg where minicat suggests (approximately). This boat rips!! It is by FAR the best handling boat i've ever driven or seen driven! Full speed 180 degree turns on a dime, in both directions!! It would do one hell of a job at a slalom course! Itried as hard as I could to roll it, but it was absolutely glued. I did have it stuff twice on me. gonna move the cg back just a tad. I'll get pics up tonight for ya.

Excellent - look forward to the pics - I can't roll mine over either but then I've only tried it on 2c so far. It must be v quick on 3s!! Out of interest what is minicats suggestion of cofg position?

Last time out with it, I stuffed it real bad, and it completely disappeared underwater for about 20 seconds....didn't think I'd see it again for a few worrying moments, but it did pop back up, unfortunately seawater got inside the hull and the esc fried, so I'm now running a 45a Etti which is waterproof. Lesson learned, but I'd like to stop it from submarining in the first place.

You need MORE weight in the back, not less. It is submarining because it is nose heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1699 View Post
    Hey rumdog, just wondered where the CofG is on your boat? I've got one of these in yellow (you're right, they're very well put together) and I'm struggling to get it any less than 40%. I found that the position of the steering servo and self righting chamber limits where you can mount the battery making cofg adjustment difficult. Mine kept submarining with a Flightmax 2200 2c, but I've got a lighter/smaller 1250 3c pack that I've not tried as yet (due to a frozen lake!) which I hope will help. Have you any internal pics? I'd be interested to know how yours runs.

Rob
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Where did you get your mini eco? When you get one from us, it has a Seaking 35A, NOT the normal Tenshock 30A. The Seaking should be pretty much waterproof.

Excellent - look forward to the pics - I can't roll mine over either but then I've only tried it on 2c so far. It must be v quick on 3s!! Out of interest what is minicats suggestion of cofg position?

Last time out with it, I stuffed it real bad, and it completely disappeared underwater for about 20 seconds....didn't think I'd see it again for a few worrying moments, but it did pop back up, unfortunately seawater got inside the hull and the esc fried, so I'm now running a 45a Etti which is waterproof. Lesson learned, but I'd like to stop it from submarining in the first place.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Her is a couple pics for ya. Putting the battery on it's side, velcro'd to the side of the flood chamber will let you slide the batt. back as far as you want to.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've added flotation to the bow. I also added a bit of weight in the rear of the flood chamber. It helps with the cg and makes it right faster,as do the 2 holes added to the deck. My second trip out today, I had 0 stuffing. My cg is right around the front of the battery.

I wana see a video of this!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Just to let you know

Tenshock have a new 2009 model out, that runs a 4200kv and 40 Amp esc
    I should have my new one arrive next week.
    FC Cheetah TP4092 1600KV Dinogy 6s2p,Etti Envoy WE 3s, Rico Mono 31" T600 1400kv Dinogy 5100mAh 65c 6s1p
    Popeye Hydro T600 1400kv 6s1p

Whaaaaaat?!?! Same length?

Every importer can order the boats with the motor and ESC that they want. We chose the 3200KV because it can still handle a 3S lipo and produce blazing speed. 4200KV is too high for 3S lipo. 3S lipo works much better with the boat because it needs the added weight to be self righting while producing high speeds. We went with the Seaking 35A ESC, at greater expense to us, because we have had trouble with the Tenshock ESC's and are interested in reliability and customer satisfaction.

If you are in Europe, you are not getting the same thing. Take care when reading the comments because the conditions, depending on the user's location, may be different.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sampit View Post
    Just to let you know

Tenshock have a new 2009 model out, that runs a 4200kv and 40 Amp esc
    I should have my new one arrive next week.
    I would like to get my hands on about 8 of the 3200kv boats, and start a class this season!

If you want 8 boats on one order PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I would like to get my hands on about 8 of the 3200kv boats, and start a class this season!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    If you want 8 boats on one order PM me.
    I'm going to import them myself, and sell them for only a few bucks over my cost, but thanks..
    could be a cool cheap class of racing

I'm pretty sure that sailr is the only guy who can import the tenshock boats to the U.S. I agree, that 4200kv would be strictly a 2s boat. Sailr, do you offer any different threaded props to choose from. Obhiously you cant go bigger diameter, but maybe some more pitch, or a x style prop with tounge on it. This thing runs really cool and it seems like it could handle a little more prop. It takes all of 1.5 seconds to ge to top speed with absolutely no cavitation. I LOVE this little rocket! The ice fisherman dig it too!

You need MORE weight in the back, not less. It is submarining because it is nose heavy.
    Absolutely - it's the position of the steering servo that stops me from getting the battery any further aft. Would it be wise to add some extra weight in the very stern of the hull? That's the only way I could get the cofg back any further. Should this be at 30% like any other mono?

Where did you get your mini eco? When you get one from us, it has a Seaking 35A, NOT the normal Tenshock 30A. The Seaking should be pretty much waterproof.
    I'm UK based, and got mine from Astec. It came with the Tenshock ESC, which I've switched for an ETTI.

I wana see a video of this!
    I wish I had one...my heart was beating like a drum when it went under...I think it must have lost signal when it nose dived, and the motor kept running which kept it underwater...I really thought it had gone, and on its maiden voyage too!! Don't want this to happen again, so I really want to get the cofg right before going out to play again!

Every importer can order the boats with the motor and ESC that they want. We chose the 3200KV because it can still handle a 3S lipo and produce blazing speed. 4200KV is too high for 3S lipo. 3S lipo works much better with the boat because it needs the added weight to be self righting while producing high speeds. We went with the Seaking 35A ESC, at greater expense to us, because we have had trouble with the Tenshock ESC's and are interested in reliability and customer satisfaction.

If you are in Europe, you are not getting the same thing. Take care when reading the comments because the conditions, depending on the user's location, may be different.
    Sailr - you're absolutely right, I've just checked the KV on the motor in my hull, and its 2600 - not the same at all. Wonder if I could run 4s??

Gee thanks Todd! Nothing like trying to put us out of business!

I'm going to import them myself, and sell them for only a few bucks over my cost, but thanks..
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

What is the color of the end cap on the motor. If it's black, it's a 3200KV. If it's light blue, it's 2600KV. We put the 3200's in ours.

You can run 4S with the 2600KV if your esc can take it.

Sailr - you're absolutely right, I've just checked the KV on the motor in my hull, and its 2600 - not the same at all. Wonder if I could run 4s??
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

We don't have any different props for the Mini-Eco. Sorry. All of our boats are set up to be optimum. Trying to hop 'em up doesn't usually get you much. Sometimes, if you overdo it, the boat is no longer controllable.

I'm pretty sure that sailr is the only guy who can import the tenshock boats to the U.S. I agree, that 4200kv would be strictly a 2s boat. Sailr, do you offer any different threaded props to choose from. Obhiously you cant go bigger diameter, but maybe some more pitch, or a x style prop with tounge on it. This thing runs really cool and it seems like it could handle a little more prop. It takes all of 1.5 seconds to ge to top speed with absolutely no cavitation. I LOVE this little rocket! The ice fisherman dig it too!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I was going to offer you a special deal but not with a comment like that.

Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

What is the color of the end cap on the motor. If it's black, it's a 3200KV. If it's light blue, it's 2600KV. We put the 3200's in ours.

You can run 4S with the 2600KV if your esc can take it.
    Just checked, and it's black on both ends - so I do have 3200kv? Ok I'll think I'll stick with 3s in that case.!

Is it ok to add weight to the stern to get the cofg right? Should this be at 30%?

Thanks!

Rob

My cog is actually at 45 percent right now. Which is about 2 percent less than when I was stuffing. You don't want 30 percent, it is not the same as a normal mono. These hulls are designed to run more wet than monos.

I was going to offer you a special deal but not with a comment like that.
    not sure what was wrong with my comment...
    If I do import them, I don't need to buy them from someone else higher than my cost
    I love helping my friends get into the hobby for a little cheaper if I can..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast