Thread: Df 39 COPY PROMISE HULL MONO

Default Df 39 COPY PROMISE HULL MONO

HI ALL,
    HERE IS MY SECOND PROJECT..I AM NEARING COMPLETION..NEED TO SCROUNGE UP THE CASH FOR A SCHULZE 32.200 TO COMPLETE IT..IT HAS A NEU 1527 1Y 1250 KV....250 HUGHEY CABLE..SPEEDMASTER STINGER..SERVO IS A HITEC 7950TH..THE HITEC BOX YOU SEE CONTAINS MY SPECTRUM RECIEVER..GOING TO ATTEMPT TO RUN THIS ON 2 6S 5000'S ZIPPY'S PARALLEL WITH 40C DISCHARGE..STARTING WITH AN OCTURA X648 AND MOVE UP FROM THERE.. THE REFLECTIVE FLAMES ARE SHOWN WITH MY CAMERA FLASH ON I HAVE BEEN READING THESE THREADS FOR SIX MONTHS BEFORE TRYING TO BUILD BOATS..MANY OF YOU HAVE ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS.. THANK YOU.. SOME OF YOUR BUILDS ARE FLAT OUT AMAZING

I AM TRYING OUT A COOL ESC BOX IT LOOKS NEATER THEN ALL THE BULKY RADIO BOXES OUT THERE. I AM GOING TO DRILL HOLES FOR THE WATER COOLING TO BE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE CASE IN CASE OF LINES COMING LOOSE.

CHEERS HAPPY BOATING
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks nice she should be well motivated!!!
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Nice clean build, how about some shots of the rear end? What color is the boat btw? looks dark in the pic.
    HPR115 x2 ,Dark Horse Shovel, Delta Force CyberStorm, Delta Force Sniper 23-RTR:

It could just be the angle, but your stuffing tube doesn't look quite straight...

Very nice looking though! Did the hull come with the texalium inside?

Default Df 39 copy promise hull mono

Thanks for the comments..here is a pic of the back..the color is cobalt blue metallic the cowl pic may show it better..its got flake in it

The tube is slightly off..i had to accomodate for the alignment of everything else..it turns quite freely though..dont forsee any problems...yet.we know how that goes though..

Jm did not answer your 2nd ques...what is texalium exactly..is it valium made in texas? Its just silver carbon fiber

Talking

RIPFENCE,

Very nice boat,
    You have your self a rocket ship there my friend.
    Lots of nice details to look at, great paint work, and most important clean, love the flames also.
    Good job dude.
    BONEWAR

Sorry to inform you on this one...

Colored carbon fiber doesn't exist. The silver or other colored fabrics are oftentimes a dyed kevlar, or I think in your case, aluminum coated fiberglass. Aluminum can be anodized to creat e number of different colors.

Aluminum coated fiberglass is called Texalium. Made by Hexcel composites.

So, in other words, any claims of having a colored caarbon fabric, unless woven with fiberglass or aramid, are a scam.

Jon

Well,there is no going back now is there! All that matters is that the hull has no flex in it..so know i have an aluminum fibergassed texaliumed epoxied jb welded velcro mutt fast electric...live and learn.

On a more positive note i like bonewars maritmo..real nice

no its called ssg- which is aluminum reinforced carbon graphite

Woops! :P

Wasn't aware aluminum would stick to carbon.

On another note:

Isn't aluminum softer than carbon? So I wouldn't know if it reinforces it, but it would certainly protect the structural fibers from being damaged.

At least that's the idea behind texalium. As well as giving the fabric a higher heat resistance, but carbon already has that one covered.

THE WHATEVER I INSTALLED HELD TOGETHER BETTER THAN CARBON FIBER..IT DOES NOT PULL APART QUITE AS EASILY AND DEFINATELY HAD GRAPHITE ON MY HANDS AFTERWARDS NOW I THINK ABOUT IT..PROBABLY GOING TO BE A LIGHTNING ROD FOR ELECTRICITYY HAHA

One of the latest trends in advanced R/C racing technology is the standard Carbon chassis parts with Silver Surface Graphite (SSG) coating. Such parts not only look flashier, but can have a positive influence on chassis performance. Concerning items 49272 and 49273, SSG coating offers benefits with regards to roll (more flexibility). Using both SSG lower and upper, or using one SSG deck paired with one carbon deck offers an increased range of roll setting. With the damper stays (items 49274 and 49275), a pair of extra holes has been added and the design is 5mm lower than the original. For R/C racers looking for that extra-edge, or just wanting to look cool, SSG is the way to go.

6s thanks for your insight..i guess i am really on the cutting edge here.. a true pioneer of hull reinforcement..i just thought it looked cool so i bought the stuff i will see if the hull cracks when running in heavy chop

I have a car that I built a few years back that has an SSG chassis. Nice boat. Man that thing will be a rocket!

i actually just laid my df 33 last night, i just used 2x2 black twill-cause it was avail. and cheap

heres a pik

sexy!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

i have used the twill also..like the lime green..whats going in it?

Whatever that silvery lookin stuff is, I like it! haha.

Where did you get the nifty esc box? Looks like an electrical box of some sort? Not sure I understand the esc cooling on the outside of the box?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Where did you find the aluminum reinforced carbon graphite? I used da google without luck.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Sailr, search poly cases for the electrical box i am trying out..they have some really neat cases that are manufactured for different applications i am sure you can find one that u can adapt for your building needs..i figured it would work great to protect expensive fe speed controllers..i have made the plexiglass cover for mine but i think you can get clear covers anyway..so many sizes to choose from..they are rugged too neat stuff..what i meant by the watercooling was that my schulze esc is big enough so that i will be able to drill holes on the side of the case and have the water nipples stick outside where the connection can be made outside the case..i do not want to fill the case with water..that would suck big time..as far as the stuff i used to reinforce..i think it was elite motoring from ebay

yeah its lime with a white belly, it will have a big boy 580l 1892kv an etti 150 and a x447/3

Quote Originally Posted by 6S HYDRO View Post
    One of the latest trends in advanced R/C racing technology is the standard Carbon chassis parts with Silver Surface Graphite (SSG) coating. Such parts not only look flashier, but can have a positive influence on chassis performance. Concerning items 49272 and 49273, SSG coating offers benefits with regards to roll (more flexibility). Using both SSG lower and upper, or using one SSG deck paired with one carbon deck offers an increased range of roll setting. With the damper stays (items 49274 and 49275), a pair of extra holes has been added and the design is 5mm lower than the original. For R/C racers looking for that extra-edge, or just wanting to look cool, SSG is the way to go.
    here sailr ill post again its called ssg

580l will certainly do the job..colossal can

Great lookin hull,decent size too,keep us well imformed with progress please.
    Slow gets boring fast.

Cool! Good info. I'll go searchin!

Quote Originally Posted by RIPFENCE View Post
    Sailr, search poly cases for the electrical box i am trying out..they have some really neat cases that are manufactured for different applications i am sure you can find one that u can adapt for your building needs..i figured it would work great to protect expensive fe speed controllers..i have made the plexiglass cover for mine but i think you can get clear covers anyway..so many sizes to choose from..they are rugged too neat stuff..what i meant by the watercooling was that my schulze esc is big enough so that i will be able to drill holes on the side of the case and have the water nipples stick outside where the connection can be made outside the case..i do not want to fill the case with water..that would suck big time..as far as the stuff i used to reinforce..i think it was elite motoring from ebay
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Saw that the first time. Searched for SSG and came up with nothing relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by 6S HYDRO View Post
    here sailr ill post again its called ssg
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com