Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big Cat! NEW Product for Mini Cat Racing!

Quote Originally Posted by befu View Post
    It looks great Sailr. i agree, many of us do not want a boat that dumps huge amount of amps to get a fast blaze of speed. Some of us like a nice fast sport speed with a longer run time and reliable running for the family.

Some like both also.

I guess it is a good thing I am home now.

This reminds me more of the EKOS setup, but single drive for more reliability/less scale. Looks to be a more freindly setup than the EKOS.

So, is the length stated for just the hull or is it with the outdrive?

Brian
    In my opinion the famouse EKOS has fizzled out because of its junk hardware and drivetrain with everyone trying to make it go fast for very long

lets face it folks ...going slow gets boring real fast
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

I'm probably going to have to get one of these things in my hands to answer all your questions. I can get rid of the square drive I believe. I'm still asking questions myself of the factory. The are going to do it as a twin also.

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    Jim,

I don't want you to give away the farm, but are there any pictures of the steps or tunnel section from underneath? I'm sure you also know what my next question is...is the tunnel narrower in the front than in the back?

If these questions cannot be answered right now due to various factors, then it's no problem. I just figured while folks were discussing the design features, then these elements should be considered as well. TTYL
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I want some of whatever you're smokin!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuslow1 View Post
    sailr if you made it out of super lightweight bulletproof goodies, threw in the best 2.4 gig radio, self charging lipos, self size and sharpning props and it ran about 200 mph just as stable as can be all for the low low price of $50. guys would still complain about something!!!

on second thought, I'm quite serious!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

LMAO!!!
    OK, You Go First!!!

OK, here's more detail:

Length without rudder (hull only) 37.3"
    Width: 9.05"
    4mm welded flex. NO SQUARE DRIVE!
    2075KV 36 x 74 motor
    120A ESC

Trying to get pricing pinned down for:
    - Complete RTR with 2.4ghz radio
    - Boat without radio
    - Hull with mount and hardware only. No motor or ESC.
    - Bare hull only

Hope to know more this week.
    Last edited by sailr; 01-11-2010 at 09:56 AM.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Very nice looking boat there! If I was any good with an airbrush, I would do something like that on my HOR.. Looking forward to see how the twin turns out......
    HPR C-5009, Riptide48, PaynPak 1/12, Miss Budweiser 1/8 Hydro, Miss Freya (own design 1/8 Hydro), HOR 32, Twin 380 HOR 32, Magin one

i dont know why everybody hates on the square drives, but ive been using 4mm square setup in 2 hor 25.5 mono's for over a year no problems- and cannot lose a prop. i love em- moving to them on all my boats

Because you have to pull the motor to grease the flex. Which makes it a pain!

no i pull the strut nose off the back and pull it out. works great- can never lose my 60-80.00 props

Strut nose? How does the suare part fit through the stuffing tube?

the square end is only one the one end-the back end, also the square is made from crimping the 4mm wire- so the square is smaller diam.

ill post a pik.

if you look at the piks of this boat, it is the same setup- see the strut is held on by one bolt to the bracket. remove that bolt, pull the strut off, loosen the collet and pull out the flex from the rear and grease- stick it back in, put the strut back on w/ the one bolt and voila.

But what about when you find that perfect strut adjustment.

you mark it

So, the square drive fits through the stuffing tube, but not the strut?

thats the design and beauty of the square drive, its locked into the strut and your prop cannot be lost even if the cable breaks

there is a female square shaft in the strut that only comes out thru the front of the strut. hope this clears up any questions. i would like to see the square drive setup in this boat
    Last edited by 6S HYDRO; 01-12-2010 at 12:51 AM.

Good find Jim. I will be keeping an eye on this one.

OK, You Go First!!!

Any update on this beast?

Yes, please post updates on this. Sounds like a good boat. I've been thinking of getting one when they are available.

Definitely keep us posted , I think this is going to be the twin I have always wanted to build if it will be available as a bare hull.

I'm waiting on the factory regarding pricing and some mods I have asked for. The are currently at a trade show in Germany and they off for a couple of week to celebrate the Chinese New Year. Sooooo, it's a waiting game. Always that way with the Chinese. Just have to be patient.

I have some concerns about the beam on this boat It is VERY narrow. I'm not sure it will turn very well. We shall see.

I need to know how many people want the boat:

Ready to Run - including radio
    Almost Ready to Run - no radio
    Painted as we see here
    Plain white hull" RTR, ARTR, HULL ONLY
    ??
    Last edited by sailr; 02-06-2010 at 01:05 PM.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by 6S HYDRO View Post
    thats the design and beauty of the square drive, its locked into the strut and your prop cannot be lost even if the cable breaks
    I'm still waiting for pictures of this miraculous square drive removal system?

It's not that complicated. What has not been explained is that the prop shaft itself is captive inside the strut. The square end of the flexshaft goes into the prop shaft. So you have to remove the strut (taking the prop shaft with it) off to pull the flexshaft out for lubing (loosen the collet on the motor end).

I simply don't like to have to disturb the strut once I have found the sweet spot!

I hate the square drive setup. Some europeans prefer them. Go figure, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    have one laying around soposed to go on a micro, but i never got around to put it on. sorry for the bad pictures but i used my mobile to take them.
    hope this helps a little
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by video200 View Post
    have one laying around soposed to go on a micro, but i never got around to put it on. sorry for the bad pictures but i used my mobile to take them.
    hope this helps a little
    This HW lasted 4 runs on my mini hydro, also have a buddy with the square drive in a mono he didn't like it either the best thing to do with your HW is throw the cable in the trash and buy the Octura cable with the 1/8 prop shaft as the strut is bushinged for the 1/8 shaft already this is what I did and made many runs no problems the HW is nice though

It takes me eons to get my strut perfect! I don't want to screw with it everytime my cable needs lube. I run in salt water so I pull my shaft after a couple of runs and at the end of the day to rinse everything out.

I do like the benefit of not loosing the prop though. Could you just pull it out from the collet?

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post
    It takes me eons to get my strut perfect! I don't want to screw with it everytime my cable needs lube. I run in salt water so I pull my shaft after a couple of runs and at the end of the day to rinse everything out.

I do like the benefit of not loosing the prop though. Could you just pull it out from the collet?
    yes but you have to pull the motor out to do that ................still a royal pita

square drives suck

to save your prop, flex and shaft why cant you put a drive dog right between the collet and stuffing tube?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast