Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Cat! NEW Product for Mini Cat Racing!

Quote Originally Posted by LNP View Post
    Hi all,

And an empty hull, i like that more? Or only ARTR?

Lucas

Hull and hardware is a great idea..
    with that sweet motor mount!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

This will sell nicely... specially with people trying to have more and more power in their boats...
    I'd be interested in the finishing of the hull, stuff like, how are the edges (sharp or not), how think is the lay up (think or paper thin), pinholes, etc... she is a looker for sure...
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Hull and hardware is a great idea..
    with that sweet motor mount!
    Jim, please don't... I have motor/esc/radio waiting.... I wouldn't be able to resist... alas, the futile ploy for resistance of an FE addict...
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

#1 looks nothing like or even close to hotr cat hull
    #2 looks awesome and has tons of potential BUTT

dump the 4mm junk
    to be a contendor a 36" hull needs to be wider than 9"

its really sad to see these guys trying to make rtr scale cats with junk drivetrain....at lease make them .187 or .150 flex with a 3/16" prop shaft so you can upgrade the junk motors and junk esc's they supply you with

sorry just my opinion..... nothing more
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

That`s why i said only the hull.

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    #1 looks nothing like or even close to hotr cat hull
    #2 looks awesome and has tons of potential BUTT

dump the 4mm junk
    to be a contendor a 36" hull needs to be wider than 9"

its really sad to see these guys trying to make rtr scale cats with junk drivetrain....at lease make them .187 or .150 flex with a 3/16" prop shaft so you can upgrade the junk motors and junk esc's they supply you with

sorry just my opinion..... nothing more
    Good call on the width
    I think my MM is 10" wide?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by LNP View Post
    That`s why i said only the hull.
    I agree... all of our stuff in in SAE not metric which is a bit harder to get... make it easy for us to buy it Sailr!

Having the hull by itself is a good compromise, but keep in mind that there would have to be a surplus in hulls do put up with the demand of the ARTR buyers and the bare hull buyers... leaving people hanging/upset happened before with another hull and it's not good biz.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Good call on the width
    I think my MM is 10" wide?
    you are correct I had an mm.....probably the finest 29" cat hull known to mankind..........will run stable at 60 mph and will turn wot if you know how and its only 29" long

for scale cat in this length you cant beat the maritimo at 37" x 11"

I will say if they iron out the bugs in this 36" cat it will be a real seller...it is very pretty

widen it to 11 and upgrade the junk drive gear
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

its the interior layup and parts used that distinguishes it as a hor product

Quote Originally Posted by 6S HYDRO View Post
    its the interior layup and parts used that distinguishes it as a hor product

Head of the River is not a manufacturer. Its like OSE saying the product is ours. Its like Target putting their name on generic toilet paper. Basic re branding. But you are right both boats come from the same factory, just not a factory that is owned by Head of the River.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

with the width needing to be 11 or better. If that's possible I'd pick up a painted hull and hard ware package for sure.

Jim,

I don't want you to give away the farm, but are there any pictures of the steps or tunnel section from underneath? I'm sure you also know what my next question is...is the tunnel narrower in the front than in the back?

If these questions cannot be answered right now due to various factors, then it's no problem. I just figured while folks were discussing the design features, then these elements should be considered as well. TTYL
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

sorry i meant same manufacturer as the hotr, i agree that sailr is correct and hotr is just selling them

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    Jim,

I don't want you to give away the farm, but are there any pictures of the steps or tunnel section from underneath? I'm sure you also know what my next question is...is the tunnel narrower in the front than in the back?

If these questions cannot be answered right now due to various factors, then it's no problem. I just figured while folks were discussing the design features, then these elements should be considered as well. TTYL
    Ben, good call.

You guys are getting way ahead of me! Still a lot to be learned, etc. about this new boat. Our business model is ARTR and we want to stay that way. Steven is your guy for buying motors, ESC's, bare hulls, hardware, etc. I don't want to be in direct competition with Steven. We have a good working relationship and besides, this is his forum! I don't sell hardware except as OEM parts for our boats. I buy everything that I don't sell myself from OSE!

While I appreciate everyone wanting everything offered in different configurations, we are too small a company to carry all of those variables. We have a pretty good reputation for our products now and don't want to jeopardize that. hope you understand!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    You guys are getting way ahead of me! Still a lot to be learned, etc. about this new boat. Our business model is ARTR and we want to stay that way. Steven is your guy for buying motors, ESC's, bare hulls, hardware, etc. I don't want to be in direct competition with Steven. We have a good working relationship and besides, this is his forum! I don't sell hardware except as OEM parts for our boats. I buy everything that I don't sell myself from OSE!

While I appreciate everyone wanting everything offered in different configurations, we are too small a company to carry all of those variables. We have a pretty good reputation for our products now and don't want to jeopardize that. hope you understand!
    I did not ask if you were going to sell the motor mount but whether it was going to be offered as a separate item.

Chuck
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Steven could probably get it. Looks to be made by the same people as this:
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=ose-509b14

Quote Originally Posted by j.m. View Post
    I think he was talking about the neat looking rear clamping mount. Not the water cooled forward mount. At least thats my perception.

John

Exactly. So:

Quote Originally Posted by j.m. View Post

its a unit though, so it would prob come as one

I have to agree fellas, with a 9" beam it's not a BIG boat it's a long one.
    It should be a nice play boat if the price is right!!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

No, I will not be carrying the motor mount unless I carry the boat. The mount is really nice. I suspect Steven might pick up on it. Ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    I did not ask if you were going to sell the motor mount but whether it was going to be offered as a separate item.

Chuck
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Holy bajeeezzzz, It is to be a ARTR... not a world class raceboat...
    I think it looks awesome and would love to buy two of them with single drives and one with twins.
    Now when will they be ready?
    OK, You Go First!!!

Come on sailr, your boat just stole a mystic (small) sale from MHZ.
    I need some more info!!
    OK, You Go First!!!

Be patient guys! I'm waiting for replies from the factory regarding the motor/esc and flexshaft setup. Also still don't have firm pricing. They are still in the final stages of product development so bear with us!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Looks like a fast hull, add 1521/1y with CC 240HV on 6 - 8s and it would be A FAST ELECTRIC !!!

No offense, but there are two different types of boaters here on OSE. Those who want a nice fun sport boat with good speed at an attractive price and those who want blazing fast competition speed. Unfortunately, it seems those who want the blazing fast speed want it at the same price! Reality has to enter the picture at some point guys.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Then why don't you offer 2 different setups and 2 different prices? I bet you would sell more upgraded boats than stock. Well if you widen the hull and put in real hardware, I for one would be interested. You can see what I will do with it. 70+ go fast or go home.
    Last edited by RCKong; 01-10-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: mispell

sailr if you made it out of super lightweight bulletproof goodies, threw in the best 2.4 gig radio, self charging lipos, self size and sharpning props and it ran about 200 mph just as stable as can be all for the low low price of $50. guys would still complain about something!!!

on second thought, I'm quite serious!
    OK, You Go First!!!

Default Looks great

It looks great Sailr. i agree, many of us do not want a boat that dumps huge amount of amps to get a fast blaze of speed. Some of us like a nice fast sport speed with a longer run time and reliable running for the family.

Some like both also.

I guess it is a good thing I am home now.

This reminds me more of the EKOS setup, but single drive for more reliability/less scale. Looks to be a more freindly setup than the EKOS.

So, is the length stated for just the hull or is it with the outdrive?

Brian

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast