Thread: ToySport Jolly

Default ToySport Jolly

Hi
    Iv just ordered a Toysport Jolly single engine, im going to put a Feigoa 9XL with a Etti 150 Navy, Ill be running trackpower 40c Lipos.
    Do you think this will be enough power for the Jolly or will it be under powered.
    Cheers, Jack

That should be good the jolly is really lite in weight..........

What voltage on the 9Xl and what prop?

9? im guessing, thats what the Feigoa 9XL is. Would that be right? Not sure what prop to run yet as the hull has not arrived.

are you saying 9 volts? The 9 refers to the windins and/or the kv rating (revs per volt) On a 9xl, you'd want 4 or 5s lipo.

I'm running a PIP Bittburger which is an early version of the Jolly (just 8.5" instead of 10" wide). I use a Fiegao 10XL, Hydra 120, 4s1p lipo (2, 2 cell packs) and a X648 prop. Temps are all under 90 degrees. Speeds estimated in mid to upper 40s. Handles good for being so narrow a hull.

Hi Jack(don't say that in an airport)I'm running 8XL's in my twin Jolly and it runs real well upper 40's!!!!

When you get your Jolly unpack it carefully and look for a small wedge piece that is the same color as the hull!

Do a search for Twin Jolly Magic part on this site. Will save you a lot time dialing in the boat!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

We are ordering Jack a Jolly. Any new Jolly's should come with the magic part installed.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Thanks for all the replies. The Lipos i have are 5000 40c 7.4 volts 2 cell they are TrackPower. Ran them in my supervee but in was too much power in that hull. Do you think those packs will work well with the 9XL in that hull. Steven, does that mean i will not have to fit the wedge myself and that it will already be installed?

Cheers guys