Thread: TP-Jolly Cat hull

Default TP-Jolly Cat hull

Hi,
    Anybody have any experience with the TP-Jolly Cat hull (single drive)? I'm thinking about putting Fastech motor/ESC hardware into that hull.

-Chief

I happen to have one (was my favorite boat), I think you may need a tad bit more power for that hull. But I did see a vid somewhere from a guy that claimed he got 50mph out of it with a 8XL on 4 cells. My thoughts were "not for long!!!" I know nothing about the fastech motor but it does look small, that brings to mind heat issues and all of the bangs, pops and booms that go hand in hand with heat!
    But I don't really know anything, so try it and see!!!!

I would also like to know about others experience with the ToysPort hulls... I would go with 12XL on 6S for the single drive and two 9L's on 3S each for the twin drive. What is the quality of the twin drive version hardware?

Thanks for the tips!
    -Chief

My Jolly did better than 50 with a KB 8-L and high model esc. A 150 dollar power system that ran reliable with acceptable temps.

Note I'm turning actual laps not just darting back and fourth. It handled well also.

Jolly 50+

Quote Originally Posted by SJFE View Post
    My Jolly did better than 50 with a KB 8-L and high model esc. A 150 dollar power system that ran reliable with acceptable temps.

Note I'm turning actual laps not just darting back and fourth. It handled well also.

Jolly 50+
    It ran well enough that I bought it , and it still sits proudly in my family room!

As a side note Tom, she now runs a 12XL on 6S! Hopefully, we get some video in the spring!

John
    "When too much is just right!"

From my experience with my Twin Jolly I found the hardware to be first rate! Very well made with adjustability and polished to nice high finish!

Also comes with the motor mounts installed ... glassed in!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!