Thread: Hull Cracks

Default Hull Cracks

Just wandering if any of you guys have had the hull start cracking on you from runnig it on rough water? It's cracking on the bottom side, where the battery trays mount in the interior. How should a person remedy this, or should I be worried?

Is the glass cracking or just the gel coat?? Do you have pics?
    You could line the floor with carbon for reinforcement.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It actually might be just the gel coat cause I don't see anything on the inside of the boat. I'll try to post some pics. Where would I find some catbon fiber to line the inside?

Your local hobby shop should have some. Or you could post a "Wanted" thread in our swap shop.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Default hull cracks on fastech

Hey guys i had the same problem during the summer so i contacted horizon hobby and was told to send back the hull for replacement, which i did and got a brand new hull unfortunately it sink in Flushing meadows lake during testing after putting a aquacraft motor, esc, prop and 8.4v 5 amp batteries, while forgetting to put flotation back into the hull
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2