Thread: Waterproofing tips

Default Waterproofing tips

1) To seal up the antennae hole, use those waxy earplugs-- two of them work great

2) Glad press and seal wrap is a great alternative to a balloon to waterproof a receiver-- I had a boat underwater for 3+ hours and the unit stayed dry and functional.

3) My nimh packs got water in them-- I split open the plastic wrap to let them air out, and used the press and seal wrap plus a bit of electrical tape to reseal them. Nice benefit is you can take off the wrap to let them dry if they get wet again.

-Chief

Quote Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
    1) To seal up the antennae hole, use those waxy earplugs-- two of them work great

2) Glad press and seal wrap is a great alternative to a balloon to waterproof a receiver-- I had a boat underwater for 3+ hours and the unit stayed dry and functional.

3) My nimh packs got water in them-- I split open the plastic wrap to let them air out, and used the press and seal wrap plus a bit of electrical tape to reseal them. Nice benefit is you can take off the wrap to let them dry if they get wet again.

-Chief
    Fastech 3 hurs under water !!!!!! Why so long? This must be the record for this boat sitting under water..
    I hope your hutch was taped well at all the painfull to tape corners...
    This is what I had on my boat to seal antenna opening, see picture.
    Friends allways complain about the time I had to take to tape my boat. Fastech hatch has few areas you need to take time to do good job sealing it....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

The hatch was taped, but it did not keep the water out. It was COMPLETELY filled with water, and was just bobbing with the nose peeking up... it took 3 hours for the wind to blow her back to shore...

But she is fine and still running great!

-Chief

Quote Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
    The hatch was taped, but it did not keep the water out. It was COMPLETELY filled with water, and was just bobbing with the nose peeking up... it took 3 hours for the wind to blow her back to shore...

But she is fine and still running great!

-Chief
    You can use WD-40 to spray your motor just in case. Works great and will push all the water out and protect.
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada