Thread: Delta Force 26 build??

Default Delta Force 26 build??

I received a Delta force 26 for X-mas !! And I'm trying to figure out what strut and rudder to use for the build? Was thinking about running the Speedmaster mono system but wasn't sure if this strut would be to big or not? Or if SV27 hardware would work? Any info or previous builds would be great!
    Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone!

I have the SV strut and a new great rudder for that hull and others. Check my site.

I already have the SV Strut and Rudder. I was just wondering if it would be a good fit? or if the Speedmaster would work better? I'll be running the UL-1 motor and esc on probably 4s1p lipo.

If oyu have it then it will work fine. Just make sure you get enough rudder in the water. That V is deeper than the SV. You will have more adjustment on the speedmaster but I really doubt you will need it. Set the stinger level and work with you CG...it will rip on 4S.

the solinger mono strut/rudder system works gr8 on the DF26, easy to install, light weight and looks good to boot

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    If oyu have it then it will work fine. Just make sure you get enough rudder in the water. That V is deeper than the SV. You will have more adjustment on the speedmaster but I really doubt you will need it. Set the stinger level and work with you CG...it will rip on 4S.
    Ok sweet thanks for the info! I have one more question about the motor mount location? I've seen some builds where the motor is set as far aft as you can? I've also seen the motor set more towards the middle like the SV27? Just wondering if one has more benefit then the other?

A shorter drive train has the advantage of less cable/wire drive and may be more efficient but cog is the key factor, if you move all the interior components around the hull prior to installation for cog orientation and can adjust your cog with battery movement, place the motor and other components at that point.
    Edit
    Also place your rudder and strut etc. at the rear of the hull. It is a crude measurement, but as Chuck mentioned as long as you can move your batteries, you will be okay.

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 12-25-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    A shorter drive train has the advantage of less cable/wire drive and may be more efficient but cog is the key factor, if you move all the interior components around the hull prior to installation for cog orientation and can adjust your cog with battery movement, place the motor and other components at that point.

Douggie

Douggie has it right ... it depends on the C/G and what you want to use to adjust for it. The batts have some weight to them so it is better to move them than to add weight.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Sweet! Thanks for all the info! Hows everybody's Christmas going??

Default Flex cable?

Was just wondering what the best way to cut a flex cable? .150 cable size. Thanks for any info.

I use a dremel with a cut off wheel. Then solder the end so it won't unravel.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

look at this one. i ran it on a 1515 1y amd the guy that got it runs a 8xl. i also have another one with stock sv motor and one with a 8l. all 3 have the same motor placement and the speedmaster hardware. they work great like this. i use 2 x 2600mah 4s on the sides for the 4s boats and 1 x 5000 mah 3s in the front with the 8l. cog is super adjsutable this way and that boat loves the set-up. the 1515 ran in the high 50's smoothly. if it is not a race boat consider the 8l/cc120/x537-3, it runs about 51mph and is the best handling boat i have ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck E Cheese View Post
    look at this one. i ran it on a 1515 1y amd the guy that got it runs a 8xl. i also have another one with stock sv motor and one with a 8l. all 3 have the same motor placement and the speedmaster hardware. they work great like this. i use 2 x 2600mah 4s on the sides for the 4s boats and 1 x 5000 mah 3s in the front with the 8l. cog is super adjsutable this way and that boat loves the set-up. the 1515 ran in the high 50's smoothly. if it is not a race boat consider the 8l/cc120/x537-3, it runs about 51mph and is the best handling boat i have ever had.
    Do you have any pics?? or a build form?

it should be here on OSE somewhere, i didnt see it when looking real quick but if you search you should find it. the 3s 8l was white/orange hooters and the sv set-up is #88 national guard (girlfriends boat)