Thread: neu 1515 1y with .150 flex

Default neu 1515 1y with .150 flex

what are the opinions on using a .150 octura flex shaft/440-445 prop on a neu 1515 1y in a cat/inboard tunnel hull? is this going to work or do i need to go with a .187?
    thanks

1515 1y and .150 is the same combo I use in my Whip 20 and have no problems with it.
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Ditto that... .150 is fine for that application...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

i use the exact combo in my skunkworks cat without any probs

Heath

are you guys using with or without liner? i have always used a liner thinking that it helps keep the water out. this application is actually an inboard tunnel hull that is going to have a "S" bend stuffing tube like a rigger.

i am building an FE version of this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: bmp 2.bmp (689.1 KB, 35 views)

Interesting... Never seen anything like that before.

You'll probably want the motor as far back as possible to keep the hull balanced.

i got it here on OSE advertised as an FE tunnel i was planning on using a outboard on.... it is not! i spoke with the manufacture and got some recomended set-ups and decided that the inboard would be a good deal considering i run salt watter and was concerned about the FE outboard anyway...
    i havent figured it out yet but i was planning on putting the motor all the way forward and batteries in the back. this way i can change the COG from 20-35%. i checked all my nitro tunnels and they are around 27%. if i put the batteries behind/above the COG i can slide them around and change it easily. the battery/motor box is pretty big so i have alot of room to play with. i was thinking something like the nitro set-up only replacing fuel tank with battery and engine with motor...
    Last edited by Chuck E Cheese; 12-20-2009 at 01:45 PM.

So your placing the batteries on either side of the flex cable? Or does the flex exit the hull before the batteries?

Remember, keep the batteries as low as possible.

havent got to that yet but they can fit either way. when i get the hardware mounted and start the build i will have a thread going. i will post a link here.

That looks like it would be better than having the stuffing tube out in the middle of the tunnel....

i still have to put everything in it and check it out. i originally wanter the motor in the back. the hardware will be here monday or so and i can lay it all out and play with cog to find out what works. i am a little cautious and want to make sure i can move batteries and change from one extreme to another reguarding cog.

Having a rudder and stationary prop will definitely help with spinouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck E Cheese View Post
    are you guys using with or without liner?

I always build without teflon. Much smoother driveline. I will also back-up the idea of having an "s" bend in the stuffing tube. You will get some who build with and some who build without liner. I am following the advice of Jay Turner who suggested liner-less a long time back. Just my personal preference.

Thanks TTH
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

I don't use teflon anymore. .150 cable running in 7/32" brass is sweeeet.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com