Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Skunkworks 32" Catamaran

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    with twins i dont have experience and may need to be that way. yes it does trust me.
    OK I'm going to let the cat out of the bag lol I was saving this for my Maritimo that is on it's way. If you want your twin to turn then get rid of that sh$tty radio and get a good one then program it to do this ( it's called mixxing) when you give it right rudder the radio also slows down the right motor so the left engine pushess the bout around the corner. Do not ask me how to do this becouse I can't even program my M-8 I got my friend to do it on my twin nitro cat.lol

the whole front of ruder being in line with front of prop i dont believe. It does not have to be in line look at all the boats out there that have it offset. In a single motor mono or cat I would put it line though.
    Just more of my 2 cents and this is tth thread so that's all on this, sorry tth
    Old Guy
    With only 3 channel radio I find it hard to slow down one ESC/motor. Usually a "Y" harness is used for the 2 ESC's and you are unable to single out just one. UNLESS you switch indeed to a 4 channel minimum air radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
    I can not comment on the twin builds you guys are doing with these but with a single drive, well, first run was not good. It spent more time riding its side then on the bottom. A little choppy water surface but I can not see this lasting long on my shelf. Just so narrow. Anyway I spent even more time in the row-boat then driving the RC. This was running 4S2P, ul-1 motor, 642 prop. I may raise the strut to air things out a bit more but even as a saw boat I just dont see it happening. I would say with a Feigao 9XL and 4S2P and a 440 prop this could be a good sport boat but beam should be added if any more is to be expected. It has it's place and function but not for me.
    This being with a Skunk cat?

I agree, go w/ the strut adjustment. HOTR (Apparition) hulls are proven to run great on a single drive, 8XL. Same hull in the water as the Skunk. Got to be a hardware issue.

Once it starts ta bouncing it just wont stop until its either over or throttle is off and it stops and settles. Just so narrow and thin. I have to admit this is comparing to a BK Bandit I have. I tested and tuned for just over an hour and ran 2 sets of packs. Like I said, more time was spent untaping and recovering then driving:). There may be more left in it and I will give it another go soon but maybe I am just spoiled on German hulls... Maritimo, the Bandit, Drifter.

Bouncing is trim adjustments. Had the same problem in another cat I had. Adjust strut depth and keep the angle at 0 to start with. If I remember correctly w/ mine. Too low and it would twist and bounce as if it were trying to bounce from one side front to the opposite rear. Too high and it would just bounce evenly, like bow hop.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Bouncing is trim adjustments. Had the same problem in another cat I had. Adjust strut depth and keep the angle at 0 to start with. If I remember correctly w/ mine. Too low and it would twist and bounce as if it were trying to bounce from one side front to the opposite rear. Too high and it would just bounce evenly, like bow hop.
    I promise to give it another couple try's. I have set these and many others up plenty to know what to look for but no one is perfect:). Anyways. If need be I will start another thread. Get back to work TTH!

No need to start another thread......you're welcome to post anything and everything about your experiences here. This way we all have a compilation of the pro's/con's all in one place. I have been extremly busy at work lately and also building out a Drifter S for "Bigpapa". As far as I am concerned he's the customer and he comes first. He's paying so I'm doing.........

BTW Todd if you see this the Drifter is coming along nicely. I had the wife helping me out last night doing a few odds and ends to the hull.( If it runs funky its her fault) J/K
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Default Skunkworks 32" cat

where to buy this hull`s?

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    where to buy this hull`s?
    Shoot Scott a PM. Hes the builder of this hull

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ighlight=skunk

Hey bud, any updates on this build?
    Catching Air!

Will take some more pics of work so far. Working slow on this boat. I have been into the larger high voltage boats lately, 40+ inches.
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Gotcha! I'm loving this build so far.
    Catching Air!

Thought I would add a couple pics of my skunk cat
    I have the SV motor and esc in mine
    It too had a bounce in it but if I held on wide open long enough it would settle out
    Got the paint idea from nascar
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boat looks good. You got any video of this thng running? I've noticed this boat needs to run a little wet to get the bounce out. In all the props I tested the ones that had more lift ran the best.

Very nice eboat, i to have a skunk but its still in the works..

No vid yet
    I am setting it up to run in the LSO class and we run for 4 min races
    I tried the X442 and it was bouncing and just could not get it out
    Changed the COG and the strut height and angle
    I put an X440/3 on it and it does bounce a little but if you hold it wide open it will get over it and really take off

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234