Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New IMPBA Web site up

Default New IMPBA Web site up

http://www.impba.net/

New (Dec '09) Roostertail newsletter also on the new site. Nice little article on FE's starting on page 57.
    Last edited by Chilli; 12-11-2009 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks for posting the new site Mike. Now I can join online - much simpler. I noticed in the new Roostertails that the test has been removed.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Looks much better than the old website.

Blake
    Have some fun every day!!!

I signed up!
    finally

Quote Originally Posted by IMPBA email
    Danny Schumbrecht III,

We have received your membership application and will be processing it shortly.
    Thank you for being a member of the IMPBA!
    Should you require additional information, please feel free to contact us.

IMPBA
    P.O. Box 1951
    Huntsville,Alabama
    35807-0951
    USA
    Telephone:256-684-2986
    The devil must be wearing his snow boots today!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Once you stray to the Dark Side: Forever will it dominate your destiny....

Way to go Danny!!!!!!

Thumbs up Sweet!!

I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is a much nicer site than before!
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I don't even have a member number yet and already I'd like to see something on the new site changed.

On the "getting started" menu bar, the page reads...

Quote Originally Posted by IMPBA website
    Electric boats come in a wide variety of types, including submarines, tugboats, boats for show, and boats for racing. These boats are powered the same as the more well known RC cars, by 6 to 12 cell nicad battery packs. Electric boats are quieter and cleaner than the nitro and gasoline types, and therefore more easily accepted on small, urban, running sites. Although typically noted as being much slower than the nitro and gasoline boats, this sector of the hobby continues to gain speed and enthusiastic support from hobbyists.
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 12-11-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    I don't even have a member number yet and already I'd like to see something on the new site changed.

On the "getting started" menu bar, the page reads...
    I wonder how old that is???

Somebody should write something up to replace that and submit it to John Equi.

I'm pretty busy with IMPBA stuff, any takers???

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I signed up!
    finally
    Me too!
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Here ya go Doug:

As it reads now:

Originally Posted by IMBBA website
    Electric boats come in a wide variety of types, including submarines, tugboats, boats for show, and boats for racing. These boats are powered the same as the more well known RC cars, by 6 to 12 cell nicad battery packs. Electric boats are quieter and cleaner than the nitro and gasoline types, and therefore more easily accepted on small, urban, running sites. Although typically noted as being much slower than the nitro and gasoline boats, this sector of the hobby continues to gain speed and enthusiastic support from hobbyists.

Change to Read:

Electric boats come in a wide variety of types, including submarines, tugboats, boats for show, and boats for racing. Some boats are powered the same as the more well known RC cars, by 6 to 12 cell nicad battery packs while Fast Electric boats use high powered lithium polymer batteries. Electric boats are quieter and cleaner than the nitro and gasoline types, and therefore more easily accepted on small, urban, running sites. With the advent of brushless motors and Lithium Polymer batteries, the boats are competitive in speed with nitro and gas powered boats. This sector of the hobby is growing rapidly. The current world record of 148mph+ is held by an electric powered outrigger. Fast Electric enjoys enthusiastic support from its proponents and should be considered a good addition to club races.

You can be the hero and send it to John.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    I wonder how old that is???

Somebody should write something up to replace that and submit it to John Equi.

I'm pretty busy with IMPBA stuff, any takers???

Doug
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Here ya go Doug:

As it reads now:

Originally Posted by IMBBA website

Change to Read:

Electric boats come in a wide variety of types, including submarines, tugboats, boats for show, and boats for racing. Some boats are powered the same as the more well known RC cars, by 6 to 12 cell nicad battery packs while Fast Electric boats use high powered lithium polymer batteries. Electric boats are quieter and cleaner than the nitro and gasoline types, and therefore more easily accepted on small, urban, running sites. With the advent of brushless motors and Lithium Polymer batteries, the boats are competitive in speed with nitro and gas powered boats. This sector of the hobby is growing rapidly. The current world record of 148mph+ is held by an electric powered outrigger. Fast Electric enjoys enthusiastic support from its proponents and should be considered a good addition to club races.

You can be the hero and send it to John.
    Much better, I like that.
    but, the Nitro tag needs to be edited too...

Quote Originally Posted by IMPBA website
    Nitro - So named for the fuel they burn, nitro boats use nitro-methane as their power source. These boats tend to have more speed than electric boats, and generally get more run time. Whereas batteries for an electric boat must be recharged after one run, a nitro boat can simply be refilled with fuel and sent out for another run. Each run typically lasts 5-10 minutes. Expect to pay more, initially, to run a nitro boat than electric, and pay at least $15 per gallon of fuel. The cost increases if you like the higher nitro (50% and up) for your boats.

Email sent to John with Jim's suggested write up.

Danny, you've been an IMPBA member for only a few hours and you're already making changes for the better. These people are mostly good folks. They just need to be edjumacated. We'll work on the nitro version next. $15 a gallon for fuel....

Nice writeup Jim. We'll see if they edit it the part about the speed record.....

Haha. Yeah, I figured they'd get their panties in a bunch about the speed record!

Quote Originally Posted by Nautiboyz View Post
    Email sent to John with Jim's suggested write up.

Danny, you've been an IMPBA member for only a few hours and you're already making changes for the better. These people are mostly good folks. They just need to be edjumacated. We'll work on the nitro version next. $15 a gallon for fuel....

Nice writeup Jim. We'll see if they edit it the part about the speed record.....
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Here's a shot at it. The nitro boys are really not gonna want to hear this!

Originally Posted by IMPBA website
    Nitro - So named for the fuel they burn, nitro boats use nitro-methane as their power source. These boats tend to have more speed than electric boats, and generally get more run time. Whereas batteries for an electric boat must be recharged after one run, a nitro boat can simply be refilled with fuel and sent out for another run. Each run typically lasts 5-10 minutes. Expect to pay more, initially, to run a nitro boat than electric, and pay at least $15 per gallon of fuel. The cost increases if you like the higher nitro (50% and up) for your boats.

Revised:
    Nitro - So named for the fuel they burn, nitro boats use methanol with nitro-methane as their power source. These boats typically run 5-10 minutes on a tank of fuel. Electric boats have similar run times and most racers have more than one battery pack, allowing immediate turnaround for another run. The newer technology batteries can typically be charged in 30 minutes to 1 hour. More than enough time between heats. Lithium Polymer batteries have an expensive initial cost but will generally be less expensive over the course of a season as nitro fuel is at least $15 per gallon. The cost increases if you like the higher nitro (30% and up) for your boats.

Much better, I like that.
    but, the Nitro tag needs to be edited too...
    Last edited by sailr; 12-11-2009 at 06:43 PM.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Haha. Yeah, I figured they'd get their panties in a bunch about the speed record!
    LOL Thanks Jim!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Good catch Danny! Do you want to edit it or should I have a shot at it?
    You are on a roll Jim, Don't let me stop you!

Maybe you could mention that nitro boats tend to burn glow plugs and are lucky to finish a race.

Done. See a couple of posts above your. I revised my post.

You are on a roll Jim, Don't let me stop you!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Here you go guys. All it took was a little team work. Nice job!!!

Hi Mike,
    A very well written and appreciated suggestion, I thank you!
    I am forwarding this to our FE Director for review and hopefully
    directed onto the website.

Excellent wording,
    John Equi

I also told him the nitro section needed to be tweaked also. $15 a gallon nitro needs to be changed to $15 a quart. LOL

Here you go guys. All it took was a little team work. Nice job!!!

Hi Mike,
    A very well written and appreciated suggestion, I thank you!
    I am forwarding this to our FE Director for review and hopefully
    directed onto the website.

Excellent wording,
    John Equi

I also told him the nitro section needed to be tweaked also. $15 a gallon nitro needs to be changed to $15 a quart. LOL
    Nice work guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Most welcome. I used to be a writer. Any time.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Egneg,
    Has the IMPBA replied to your application yet, aside from the initial acknowledgment?
    I have heard nothing so far.

Egneg,
    Has the IMPBA replied to your application yet, aside from the initial acknowledgment?
    Not yet ... maybe I shouldn't have checked the FE box.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Egneg,
    Danny I have yet to hear back from them. Have you heard anything?

Edit: They have had 40 online aps as of today.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Chuck, It usually takes a month or so to get your card. I mailed in my application and a check a few weeks before the new web site came up and still havent gotten my new membership card.

Chuck, It usually takes a month or so to get your card. I mailed in my application and a check a few weeks before the new web site came up and still havent gotten my new membership card.

Mike I haven't been asked for payment yet - I figured they would at least do that by now.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Okay Chuck, I wasnt sure how the sign up went since I did it via snail mail. I did just try a fake sign up on the web site. Did it direct you to paypal to pay when you signed up? Because thats what it does now.

It didn't for me... I still have nothing as yet. I was register #5 Chuck was #6 Now there's a lot more

Hey Fellas,
    Give John Equi a call 1-256-684-2986, or shoot him a email jondne@knology.net
    He will be able to take care of this for you.

Doug
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 12-21-2009 at 08:14 PM.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Mike PayPal was not an option at that time nor was using a charge card. The only option was to mail in a check and I assumed I would receive an email with further instructions.

Doug thanks for the info I will send an email to see if I can go back and use PayPal.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast