Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summit - when the ponds freeze

Yep it HAULS!! I ran it last night in our 15F temps and hard pack snow with 6-8" fluff on the grass and MY GOD was it a rush! I have the Big Joes on there and they were ballooning 2-3 times orig diameter. Brought her back after running my 2 3S 4900 rhinos (kinda into the ground - they took over 4200 mah.... ) and motor was 230F and my CC Hydra was ~200F. (my Monster went tits up and is on her way back to Castle for a warranty vacation).

I realized that with all the fluffy cooling material available I should not be running my shower cap technology. Ran her again this morning nude and crude letting the chassis fill up with snow and the motor came in at 50F and the ESC was still snow caked.....

Will try to get some pics and vids today, I lowered her down to E-Revo level and now she is a BEAST!!!!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

right on Jesse!
    I really like my Medusa motors
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Surely your Hydra doesn't have brakes?

Quote Originally Posted by hide View Post
    Surely your Hydra doesn't have brakes?
    nope, instantly to reverse (at least it has that)... It is what you would call "limping" along until the rockin monster comes back. It works cause it is relatively programmable and it is waterproof.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Ah thats a shame. I was looking at using mine in the speed car if you had found a way to get brakes. Instantly to reverse at 100mph = instant diff destruction lol.

Yeeaaaa.... at least on hard pack snow, there is a little give (before the diffs go). I will look into the brakes thing. I was using the pistol programming page, I bet there is a way to get at least drag brake... will advise what I discover.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

NOPE no brake. all you get for drag brake is what your motor will do without being asked...
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I spoke to Joe Ford about it, they think you may be able to get brakes with a radio that has adjustable ABS settings. My 4PK does but I'm looking to sell the ESC anyway.

Interesting, may need to swap my Tactic out for the Spektrum 3.0. I am pretty sure this has brake.... now just to figure out that dang radio...
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Nah I'm pretty certain it doesn't have an ABS function.

no matter, I just broke my back diff landing a wheelie off a jump..... guess its time to learn how they are made, eh?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12