Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summit - when the ponds freeze

Default Summit - when the ponds freeze

Here is my Summit I picked up from Alvin's friend - great deal by the way.

I have only changed the body so far, and lowered the front bumper to accommodate. I will get some vids of her drifting in our balmy subzero weather.

I got friends wanting one just by seeing how it dominates the snow.

There was a glitch in the shifting, but it was just a servo arm adjustment resolution, now it shifts perfectly. Trying to resist the temptation to go brushless... have an 11XL and mamba monster twitching to be subbed in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Looking forward to some video. I've been wanting a Summitt for a while but couldn't bring myself to spend that much on one. I know Pat would like that Mamba Monster for his E-Revo if you keep it brushed.

Got some vid this evening:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7tiSpYoWtI
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Right on Jesse, cannot wait to hear how the new motor runs in that beast..
    and a pic of mine setting in the snow..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Jesse, Just got one today. Have only ran it once. Its pretty sweet! Got 1 question. When yours is at a stop and you turn left or right does it twitch like a servo saver is making it not want to turn or something. It works fine when moving. I was thinking the tires are too big for the servos.

Quote Originally Posted by wakeboardfusion View Post
    Jesse, Just got one today. Have only ran it once. Its pretty sweet! Got 1 question. When yours is at a stop and you turn left or right does it twitch like a servo saver is making it not want to turn or something. It works fine when moving. I was thinking the tires are too big for the servos.
    Your servos may need to be centered
    the servos have more than enough power to move those big tires..
    250oz of torque
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Nice trucks.

Jesse, the lights look cool at night. Do you know where they came from?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

They come stock on the Traxxas Summit.

Front LEDs

Rear LED's

RPM model
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 12-30-2009 at 08:59 AM.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The first pic.

Im waiting for the batts to charge. I have some chains for it also! More pics and video to come.

darnt J dont do this....now i have to go out and get a savage flux

http://www.rcplanet.com/HPI_Savage_F.../hpi100646.htm
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Right on Jesse, cannot wait to hear how the new motor runs in that beast..
    and a pic of mine setting in the snow..
    you need to get a video of that thing in the snow with them paddles!!!

It is something to see!
    I call it my snow blower... 10' rooster tail of pure white snow

Well i think both servos are out. i pulled one out today and the gears are stripped, the other one has problems too.

Reminds me of my mini Revo:

Traxxas stuff is great for bashing, not so much for racing LOL.

Is there a simple led system thats premade to allow me to use a 3rd channel to turn the leds on and off?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Wow lots of kewl stuff. I just paid off every one of my credit cards... Seeing all this fun stuff is NOT good.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Is there a simple led system thats premade to allow me to use a 3rd channel to turn the leds on and off?
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=EFLH2009R
    Bob Big

Well i think both servos are out. i pulled one out today and the gears are stripped, the other one has problems too.
    Check out the Summit forum on Traxxas... it sounds like the servos are kinda hit and miss. I have had no issues with mine (knock on wood)

Unfortunately I had to sell off my BL power system for Xmas funds. Did have some good races with Dad and Bro on break, they have the brushed savages - still faster on 12 cells than mine stock on 4S.

I will probably still make that puppy BL, could be fun.

Lights Steven, well it looks like you got some good answers, I really have not investigated the issue, since my radio is already 4 channel, don't have another one to turn on/off the lights. My buddy at our LHS showed me a contraption for ~$100 that allowed you to rig them up to throttle and turn to give you brake lights and turn signals... overkill for my Summit, but possibly very cool for my Ferrari on road. Will post details soon.

I am now playing with my Associated B44 4wd buggy, modding it into a rally/stadium truck. It looks pretty sweet with the Losi truck body; will post pics and hopefully vid soon.

Tom, check out the 4x4 Slash.... could be the best "if I had only one truck" you could own.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Ok got a quick vid this morning in our inch of heavyish snow. really slick and lots of drag, but you get the idea why I am on this rally/buggy kick.

will get some dry pavement vid soon - she is a real kick to drive, much faster than in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0O7eIwGuNo
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    Check out the Summit forum on Traxxas... it sounds like the servos are kinda hit and miss. I have had no issues with mine (knock on wood)
    Yeah, i have emailed traxxas and they said to send em in plus $20 to get new ones.

If/when mine go, I'll be replacin with non-traxxass servos. Just give em a good dip and off. But $20 for a new pair ain't nuttin to shake a skunk at.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Ok, here is some rippin driftin with the summit. We got another cold snap and plows just cleared out the drive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StwGXYuoO-c
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Got mine working again. Both servos had stripped gears. Oh well. Works perfect now!

Got mine working again. Both servos had stripped gears. Oh well. Works perfect now!
    Awesome!

Default Blizzard therapy

Hey Jesse, When I can't get to the creek or it's too cold I'll take this Kyosho out and tear up the snow. Here's a vid of it while I was working one day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV7OthmP4EM

When Ponds freeze, you need a set of these.
    http://www.youtube.com/v/g5orGfhSnuU

Hey Wes, that things cool! It looks like a good time in the snow.

Paul, that Flux is dangerous; I don't think it would be good for me - I like to run trucks in my bare feet.

Thanks for postin. I will see about gettin more vid tomorrow - I have gone brushless with a Medusa 3680 1600 KV and on 6S she rips the bageezus out of the snow we gots.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I think if you put wings on that Summitt with that setup it would fly

The thing with spikes on the tires is it could run over the top of you and leave you looking like a used pin cushion. I think I recognize that skating rink where that flux is driving--it's underneath all the snow in front of my shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    Hey Wes, that things cool! It looks like a good time in the snow.

Paul, that Flux is dangerous; I don't think it would be good for me - I like to run trucks in my bare feet.

Thanks for postin. I will see about gettin more vid tomorrow - I have gone brushless with a Medusa 3680 1600 KV and on 6S she rips the bageezus out of the snow we gots.
    Jesse, great minds think alike
    I've put my 3680 Medusa in my Revo for now and it is killer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast