Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help Mini Hydro

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post
    When you say trailing edge is that where I am measuring from?
    YEP. try adding the weight as FAR forward as possible. this way you add less and it is more effective. Think about what electronics you might be able to nudge forward. maybe tie a helium balloon to the rear....................
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Everthing is as far forward as it possibly can. The sponsons have foam in the front 3/4 of it so the lead cannot be added to the tip where it would be best.
    Last edited by BakedMopar; 12-07-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Went out to run it again today. I ran the same setup as last time with a few minor changes. Leveled out the strut and bent the turn fin a little more. She ran great. The starboard sponson seamed glued to the water but not running to wet. Still got a little port sponson hop in the corner if not at full throttle but at WOT its almost non-exsistant. I am still trying to get someone to take some video.

Thanks for all the help guys.
    George

Great description of run. VId would be nice to see the difference ... good job, sounds like you are having fun.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

As promised I got some video. Runs a hell of a lot better but still not perfect. I proped down to a Y531 from the X632 for a little more run time and happier batteries.

Thanks everyone on their input.

George

Great work George, we can give advice, but you are the one who actually does the tuning. congrats! looks like you are ready to race ------------ go get em
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

She's movin' good!

Who made that hull where would I be able to get it from?

Quote Originally Posted by boater76 View Post
    Who made that hull where would I be able to get it from?
    Its a BBY racing micro hydro contact Randy at BBY here on the boards. i have one that does 70plus on 2s.

Whats his user name?

never mind found it

It's not a BBY hull. She used to be mine, and I got her from the HOTR guy, he doesn't offer them anymore.
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 02-03-2010 at 02:27 PM.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ok. Thanks

I dug really hard for you, I can't find the bare hull, but I did find the boat, just labeled differently...

Here <------
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    Its a BBY racing micro hydro contact Randy at BBY here on the boards. i have one that does 70plus on 2s.
    He wanted the Bud hull not my Micro Hydro but after they see the Mini Zephyer run they will want one.
    No guys there is no pictures, I am building a mold as I write this. No pictures untill records are broken by Will or me.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Randy,
    You are going to keep me in poverty my friend!

(Do I pay the electric bill, or buy Randy's hydros???... Buy Randy's hydros!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Randy,
    You are going to keep me in poverty my friend!
    Your Z-27

Randy
    BBY Racing

If the Micro Z will be in carbon, Add me to the waiting list

I allways do CF. The minni will not be out for quite a while. I have a lot of work to do and the weather is getting better in Cali.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

You know Diego, Randy may want some assistance updating his website and shopping cart to include all of his newer models. I think I know someone that could help with such a thing, someone who would take their time and has a great attention to detail.

Maybe you could still pay, let's say, a 1/10 of the electric bill

=> I'm wondering if the work Randy is referring to is under a tarp in the background!
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

I would LOVE to update the user-friendliness of the site. Even put dimensions of all the models available too!

Sorry for jacking your thread BakedMopar

That is my sons car a 1965 Impala 424 hp 350 bagged on dubs.
    Sorry to Jack the thread too!

Dick Crowe does my site. I could have him do more, and will but it takes me sitting down and doing my part. I would rather work on.......
    Randy
    BBY Racing

My apologies BakedMopar. Do you still need help?

Randy, well it was worth a try. Maybe Diego could put together the simple stuff like, resizing photos, pricing write-ups (CF, FG, etc.), dimensions, etc. in preparation to go to Dick. Basically consolidating what you have on the forum. Anyway, it was a joke and a offer for assistance so you can keep creating the stuff!!! For heavens sakes, don't stop for website updates! That's not nearly as interesting. LOL
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    My apologies BakedMopar. Do you still need help?

Randy, well it was worth a try. Maybe Diego could put together the simple stuff like, resizing photos, pricing write-ups (CF, FG, etc.), dimensions, etc. in preparation to go to Dick. Basically consolidating what you have on the forum. Anyway, it was a joke and a offer for assistance so you can keep creating the stuff!!! For heavens sakes, don't stop for website updates! That's not nearly as interesting. LOL
    I really would like to see a new front page I have had a idea in mind but know not how to do that stuff, or the time. I do appreciate the thought. It really needs to be worked on, get rid of things I do not do any more. Still it is work I need to do. Really I like to talk to people and this gives them a reason to Email or call me.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

No prob. The hull was from Danny and it's to be a HOTR hull. I don't see it availible anymore. It's pretty and fun boat but not raceboat. It is currntly under reconstruction. Will be back soon and hopefully better. It does run pretty decent though after all. Trying to dial in my BBY mono with the help of Randy.
    Last edited by BakedMopar; 02-03-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12