Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new SV

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    leads???
    more than enough length. I run all my boats, cars, and planes this way..
    more connectors could mean more resistance
    Well my freakin bad buddy.
    I'll think before i share my experience next time when your around.

Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast
    ToySport Triton- Not as fast

right on, I run my SV this way and it works great!
    and in my MM that is wider
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Thanks agian its so much cleaner with out all those wires in there. I have a Turnigy 8150 charger I can charge 4 packs in about an hour and 15 mins I love it.

Wizard nice setup, question on the cooling jackets, the first one you had installed was it for a 540xl and why the switch?

As long as you use both of your balance tabs hooked up to your charger..
    my charger only goes upto 5A so I only charge one at a time.
    Just confrim my thinking charging the way you have pictured just charge 2 2s batts at 4s @ 5000mah correct since it is in series (voltage double, mah constant). I am just reassuring myself, I don't think the wife would be happy if I burned the place down lol. Also where might I grab a balance board with 2 2s slots?
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Just confrim my thinking charging the way you have pictured just charge 2 2s batts at 4s @ 5000mah correct since it is in series (voltage double, mah constant). I am just reassuring myself, I don't think the wife would be happy if I burned the place down lol. Also where might I grab a balance board with 2 2s slots?
    You are correct my friend!
    after posting that picture I thought about that and now realize I can charge two and even three of my 2s packs at the same time, as long as I have the balance tabs hooked up..
    that would save me alot of time durring charging
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

You are correct my friend!
    after posting that picture I thought about that and now realize I can charge two and even three of my 2s packs at the same time, as long as I have the balance tabs hooked up..that would save me alot of time durring charging
    Do you have a balance board that can support 2 2s batts, If so where did you get it from?

Wizard if your still following I know you have one I just forget where you got it from.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I don't have one yet, but they can be bought from Hobbycity..
    the connector will allow charging three 2s packs at the same time, or you can get one that will balance two 2s packs at the same time

I don't have one yet, but they can be bought from Hobbycity..
    the connector will allow charging three 2s packs at the same time, or you can get one that will balance two 2s packs at the same time
    Cool I need I have somethings I need to grab from HC anyway so ill add it to the list. If you have a link it would be great.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Smile Changed to Ammo 2300

Quote Originally Posted by GIESDOG View Post
    Wizard nice setup, question on the cooling jackets, the first one you had installed was it for a 540xl and why the switch?
    The stock Sv motor has that jacket but the Ammo motor is shorter so I went with the OSE jacket

Wink Charging two packs at once

So here is how I charge two packs at one time please be carefull you can short things out fast if you hook it up wrong follow the photo and you can't go wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by wizard122 View Post
    So here is how I charge two packs at one time please be carefull you can short things out fast if you hook it up wrong follow the photo and you can't go wrong.
    Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Bingo!
    I need to find me a balance tab so I can charge three 2s packs in series..
    I would be nice to charge 3 batteries in the same time it takes to charge one with my charger

Bingo!
    I need to find me a balance tab so I can charge three 2s packs in series..
    I would be nice to charge 3 batteries in the same time it takes to charge one with my charger
    Wizard called me yesterday and pointed me in the right direction. Here's what I just order and this is what wizard is showing in the pic above. I ordered 2 of them since I have 2 chargers. http://www.helidirect.com/multibalan...pb6-p-7595.hdx
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Wizard called me yesterday and pointed me in the right direction. Here's what I just order and this is what wizard is showing in the pic above. I ordered 2 of them since I have 2 chargers. http://www.helidirect.com/multibalan...pb6-p-7595.hdx
    Perfect! that's just what I need..
    One thing though, I did try charging 3 2s packs just 30min ago without the balance tabs and notice the max amps my charger charged at was 2.3amps..
    that sucks, so it would till take a long time to charge 2 or 3 batteries at the same time with the charger I have

Talking 52.7 mph

Well the weather was great today and got a chance to run my boat. It was awesome never ran that fast before My friend Dale loaned me a Grim 42 X 55 prop
    way cool 52.7 MPH I was running a Grim 40X52/3 It ran 48.2

that's fast man!

Thanks very pleased I think next upgrade should be ESC.

Hey Wizard,
    Did you stop using your rudder mounted water pickup in favor of that trim tab mounted one?
    If so , is your water flow good. My exit hole just dribbles in hard right turns w/the rudder mounted PU.

Thanks,
    GG

Question

Cool, but pending the charger, this doesn't actually charge the batteries any faster does it?

The way I see it...
    - If I connect two 2S1P 5000 mAh 7.4v batteries in series I end up with: 4S1P 5000 mah 14.8 V connection. If my charger only goes up to 5A (which it does) then charing two batteries at once isn't any faster (less time spent switching them), becuase I'm already charging the batteries at the highest rate by themselves correct?

In case it matters I'm using a AC6 knockoff (SkyCharger)
    - I'm new, and promise to pay forward all help received

Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Cool, but pending the charger, this doesn't actually charge the batteries any faster does it?

The way I see it...
    - If I connect two 2S1P 5000 mAh 7.4v batteries in series I end up with: 4S1P 5000 mah 14.8 V connection. If my charger only goes up to 5A (which it does) then charing two batteries at once isn't any faster (less time spent switching them), becuase I'm already charging the batteries at the highest rate by themselves correct?

Using a charger with more Watts will charge a Little faster because it has more capacity.

As long as you use both of your balance tabs hooked up to your charger..
    my charger only goes upto 5A so I only charge one at a time.
    How does your 5amp limit prevent you from charging two batts in series?

Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post

The way I see it...

Im going to be charging my batts in series like the pic above.
    I thought if you charge two 2S1P 5000mah batts in series at 5amps in theory it would take 1hr.
    Also I thought if you charge two 2S1P 5000mah batts at 5amps individually it would take two hrs. What are the charge times you guys have been seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by cpgise View Post
    How does your 5amp limit prevent you from charging two batts in series?
    Most chargers like mine has a max of 5amp output
    if it was 10amps or more it would charge two packs much faster

It does depend on the charger my BC6 takes about an hour to charge one 5000 pack and my turnigy accucell 8150 about 40 mins when I charge two at once its a little less than double don't forget you need a balance adapter to do this.
    http://www.helidirect.com/bantam-mul...pb6-p-6279.hdx
    or something just like it ok

I would love to have a charger that can deliver 20amps

Me too they are out there but $400 to $600 dollars my dad flies EP Jets and he has one its also 1000 watts

Smile Some new photos

Hi all I added some Caps to my ESC and just want to posts my updates.
    With SV motor it runs 40's all the time now with X642 prop great temps too
    The Ammo motor is fun but it's upside down more than not so I went back to the stock motor it's fast enough.

you can always run 5s to get ammo speed

Wizard,

Is there a thread on the larger caps mod that you did? If not can you post the value or part numbers of what you used?

Thanks,

John

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast