Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My new SV

Default Caps

I just use some that I got from Radio Shack and I haven't done all the testing yet but Kintec sells the better ones and these is how I wired them up. I just usae some heat shrink around them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by wizard122 View Post
    Hi all I added some Caps to my ESC and just want to posts my updates.
    With SV motor it runs 40's all the time now with X642 prop great temps too
    The Ammo motor is fun but it's upside down more than not so I went back to the stock motor it's fast enough.
    Looking at your LV Cutoff, do you have it wired to the 5.5mm connectors of your ESC or somewhere else. Could not tell from the pictures but that is the only why i know to do it, was not sure if you found out something different.

Thanks

No I soldered them in the same place as the caps

Cool New set up

Well just to keep every one up on my latest set up here's the poop.
    I moved the servo all the way to the right and mounted the ESC flat.
    this allowed me to run the water hoses much cleaner and also lowered the CG.
    So it fells like it corners a lot better doesn't skip as much in the turns I ordered some carbon turn fins from OSE today will let you all know how that works out when I get them. My son Ian's new boat ran 38.5 MPH with this setup on the stock 3 blade prop using 4000 30C Turnigy packs.
    Last edited by wizard122; 06-25-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Smile We have a fleet

My son Ian got him self a new boat ran 38.4 and the first time out not to shabby with the stock prop I set his up just like mine heres some photos for all to see. Here in the Charlotte area we are putting together a nice group of guys 6 so far any one with any kind of ship can get in on the fun so join us if you like.

Talking Best setup yet

Here are my latest setup Photos I've been running the stock prop because my son has a new boat and I want to keep things even speed wise plus we have been getting about 37MPH out of it and thats fast enough when we run together. Also added Carbon turn fins it handles better dosn't hop as much in turn.

Here are my latest setup Photos I've been running the stock prop because my son has a new boat and I want to keep things even speed wise plus we have been getting about 37MPH out of it and thats fast enough when we run together. Also added Carbon turn fins it handles better dosn't hop as much in turn.
    New CF fins look good man.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

My son Ian got him self a new boat ran 38.4 and the first time out not to shabby with the stock prop I set his up just like mine heres some photos for all to see. Here in the Charlotte area we are putting together a nice group of guys 6 so far any one with any kind of ship can get in on the fun so join us if you like.
    Let me know the next time you guys run somewhere. I have had my used SV for a few weeks so I would love to chat with you guys and get some pointers. I live in the Ballantyne area.

Wizard does not have theses any more, I have the green one. I think he got out of the boat thing.

Wow, he seemed so into it. Are you local?

Ohio

Bummer, I was hoping to have some SVers here locally to hang with. Tkanks for the info...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234