Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Az WW VI. Feb 26th-28th

Thank you Castle Creations for supporting our raffle. They have supported the Winter Warmups every year!

Put me down for P Offshore, I want to run the new Scat Cat 33!
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

You got it running? Right on, Randy!

Wassup with Wil?

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    You got it running? Right on, Randy!

Wassup with Wil?
    He is on the verge call him and push him over!
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Here's the results from the Arizona race.

WW6 Results:

N-2 Mono
    1. Doug Peterson
    2. Dave Newland
    3. Proulx/Winegarner (Tie)

P Offshore
    1. Dave Newland
    2. Dan Proulx
    3. Pete Wijatyk

P Spec Hydro
    1. Dan Proulx
    2. Pat McDonald
    3. Dave Newland

LSO
    1. Dan proulx
    2. Dave Newland
    3. Pete Wijatyk

P Spec OPC
    1. Paul Winegarner
    2. Dave Newland
    3. Dan Proulx

P Mono
    1. Dave Newland
    2. Dan Proulx
    3. Doug Peterson

LSH
    1. Doug Peterson
    2. Dave Newland
    3. Dan Proulx

Concourse
    1. Dick Roberts
    2. Doug Peterson
    3. Tony Heller

High Points Award- Dave Newland

Mr. Consistency- (fewest finishes) Tony Heller

Mr. Carnage- (best wrecks) Tony Heller

Mr. Amps- (most chargers) Doug Peterson

Mr. EPA- Paul Winegarner (for polluting the pond by sinking his LiPo's)

Congrats Doug P! Go Wisconsin!
    It looks like your Whiplash faired well in LSH.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickM View Post
    Here's the results from the Arizona race.

WW6 Results:

N-2 Mono
    1. Doug Peterson
    2. Dave Newland
    3. Proulx/Winegarner (Tie)

P Offshore
    1. Dave Newland
    2. Dan Proulx
    3. Pete Wijatyk

P Spec Hydro
    1. Dan Proulx
    2. Pat McDonald
    3. Dave Newland

LSO
    1. Dan proulx
    2. Dave Newland
    3. Pete Wijatyk

P Spec OPC
    1. Paul Winegarner
    2. Dave Newland
    3. Dan Proulx

P Mono
    1. Dave Newland
    2. Dan Proulx
    3. Doug Peterson

LSH
    1. Doug Peterson
    2. Dave Newland
    3. Dan Proulx

Concourse
    1. Dick Roberts
    2. Doug Peterson
    3. Tony Heller

High Points Award- Dave Newland

Mr. Consistency- (fewest finishes) Tony Heller

Mr. Carnage- (best wrecks) Tony Heller

Mr. Amps- (most chargers) Doug Peterson

Mr. EPA- Paul Winegarner (for polluting the pond by sinking his LiPo's)
    David always kicks butt but it looks like Prolux was showin' people what's up out there..

Tony, sounds like you kicked some butt down there too lol..

It was another one for the books! We missed a few that have raced with us in the past, but understand the ecomony/timing can be hard to deal with. But, we do have more local racers than ever before, and more interest from future boaters/nitro racers, too, so we still were able to have a very well balanced event.

The weather held for us Saturday until the wind kicked up in the afternoon. There was a storm front coming in that evening. Luckily, most of the rain was Saturday night/Sunday early AM so we had minimal delays Sunday.

Friday was P Offshore, N-2 mono and P-Limited Hydro. In P Offshore, a few of the guys actually ran their Limited setups, and Pete W. actually took 3rd with his Limited boat. N-2 mono was won by Doug Peterson, who jus can't get over himself regarding how successful he has become with that hull! He took N-2 Offshore at the Nat's with it, too. We didn't have many P-Limited riggers for this event, but Dan Proulx and Pat McDonald had their Raptor riggers running very well. More prop needed, though, and it was the firt time Pat's had seen water! I was plagued with issues in this class-damp ESC wouldn't get full throttle the first heat, plus I thought it would be a good idea to make a major modification before raceday...I think I scored 50 pts.

Saturday/Sunday we ran a total of 6 rounds of P-Limited Offshore, P-Limited OPC, P mono and LSH. Dan Proulx had a terrific running BBY OM 29 and he and I were within 1/4 lap of each other after 6 rounds and nearly 68 laps of racing. It was a great win for Dan. OPC had some terrific competition, too, with 9 racers entered. Paul Winegarner and I were within 100 points after 3 rounds (1200 vs 1100 points) and Proulx was in the mix as well. Sunday was going to tell the tail and it was obvious we all stepped up our game, which also forced a few errors. Spin outs, DNF's, submersions and ill-advised tuning adjustments started to make a mess of our nearly perfect point accumulations. In the end, Paul grabbed a well deserved 1st place with his VS-1. I took second with a new Cobra 20 tunnel and Dan took 3rd with a Villian OPC. In fact, speaking of submersions, there was 1 heat where Paul lawn-darted his OPC in the water right after turn 4 and Dan was right on his tail, going right over Paul's boat (no contact)...and Paul re-surfaced and kept racing!

P mono was fast and wicked. 6 boats running together on a rather tight course. It's amazing how chopped up the water gets just after a few laps with these boats. I was able to hold off the field with my Titan 33. Probably the best visual I have of P mono was in the final heat with 5 boats starting very well and at turn 1 all you could see were rooster tails...then all of a sudden a white mono launched what seemed to be 5 feet in the air mid-turn! No contact was made (heard), and there was no way to see any lane infractions. I assumed the boat was dead, but nobody called a dead boat. I actually thought it sunk. No way a boat going that fast, pitched that much and launching so high could still be running. Well, it was! After talking about it in the pits, it was Dan's mono and he got launched off of (probably my) rooster tail and the dang thing landed perfectly! Did I cut him off? Did he drive up my rooster tail? Nobody knows...and nobody cares! It was spectacular.

LSH had some very good competition as well, but hands down Doug Peterson's Whiplash was the boat to beat. He finished all 6 rounds perfectly. 2400 points. Complete domination of the field! He built a beautiful boat we all were impressed at his ability to get it around the course.

With the exception of Paul's P-Limited mono sinking after a little racing contact, we had very good luck with equipment at this race. No ESC, cell or motor damage. But, I can't say the same for hull damage. Tony "T-Bone" Heller once again found himself asking where the nearest Pep Boys is...so he can get some Bondo! Man, he's good w/that stuff. And he takes it all in stride, too.

Thanks to the travelers for attending our race again, and thanks to the FE and Nitro members of Scottsdale Model Boaters NAMBA Dist 19 for helping pull off another terrific event.

Also, thank you to our sponsors for your continued support of our race!
    Last edited by D. Newland; 03-01-2010 at 03:01 PM.

Nice write up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12