Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystic C5000 M

motors are Neu 1912F/1y, Esc are Castle HV120.
    Im waiting on my new batteries from thunder power as I had a 10s swell on me after I used it approx 3 times.(under warranty) Im getting 4x 5s 30c 5000mah batteries so I can make up to 10s packs.
    Smaller packs seem to be easier to look after just incase one decides to swell.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What speeds are you expecting? Seems heavy to me o.0

Weight is killer in that hull...

Not sure, I had this set up in my other cat and it was moving pretty fast but the props I was using were a little small for what the motors could handle. I ended up putting bigger props on the cat and it sure woke the cat up but then tradegy struck. One of the motor tore the engine mount out, tore holes in the bottom of the boat so I never got to see its full potential.

the motors have a lot of torque and can handle large props so I will see what happens when my batteries arrive. I had 45mm props on the boat and motor and electrics where quite cool, so I went to a 50mm prop and that was when tradegy happened.

Wetsleeves, nice looking setup you have there!

Well I had a long talk with MHZ and Loo told me that if I wanted to return the yellow hull they would gladly trade it for a white one as soon as they come in and not charge me shipping on the next order to make it a totally square deal. He also let me know that the consumer is King, So a Super Big Cudo to MHZ!!! I was going to make a Miss Gieco out of a small or large hull but I wanted the medium hull to be a JBS, but the more I look at the medium hull it will be fine as a Miss Geico. I also have it in mind to paint them all to get rid of the seem line (and save Gerwin piece of mind from the ugly line) after all she is a beautiful hull.

BTW thanks to whomever contacted MHZ and raised a rucus over me and the yellow boat!

Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

I hate to not bring her in to take more snaps of her but she is hidden in the garage... (wife has no clue I got it) but everytime I go into the mancave I stare at her like a long legged stripper!!! It is one beautiful hull!!!

I'm also starting to have mixed thoughts about power..... now I'm thinking to install 2 8XL's on 4s each with X442's, just to get the party started

you figure I can get 2 XL's and 2 himodel 200's for the price of the one Neu....

Quote Originally Posted by wetsleeves View Post
    Hi Guys,

I Thought id share a few pics of my MHZ <a onMouseOver="javascript:window.status='mystic';ret urn true;" onMouseOut="javascript:window.status='';return true;" href="http://elephantine.info/?v=4%2E03&ss=mystic">Mystic</a> Cat that ive built. I havent ran it yet as Im still waiting on my <a onMouseOver="javascript:window.status='batteries'; return true;" onMouseOut="javascript:window.status='';return true;" href="http://thebigsvc.info/?v=4%2E03&ss=batteries">batteries</a> to arrive.
    Ive also got the large Mystic as well which will be turbine powered.
    Hope the pics work......

Peter
    Hey Wetsleeves,

Very nice boat you have there! your workshop looks plush too! Lol!
    HPR C-5009, Riptide48, PaynPak 1/12, Miss Budweiser 1/8 Hydro, Miss Freya (own design 1/8 Hydro), HOR 32, Twin 380 HOR 32, Magin one

Quote Originally Posted by Tuslow1 View Post
    I hate to not bring her in to take more snaps of her but she is hidden in the garage... (wife has no clue I got it) but everytime I go into the mancave I stare at her like a long legged stripper!!! It is one beautiful hull!!!
    OMG! I would be stung up if my wife found that I was hiding a long legged stipper in my mancave!!! Roflol
    HPR C-5009, Riptide48, PaynPak 1/12, Miss Budweiser 1/8 Hydro, Miss Freya (own design 1/8 Hydro), HOR 32, Twin 380 HOR 32, Magin one

Quote Originally Posted by Tuslow1 View Post
    Wetsleeves, nice looking setup you have there!
    Thanks Tuslow1, Just waiting on these batteries to arrive so I can give her her maiden voyage.........

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDave View Post
    Hey Wetsleeves,

Very nice boat you have there! your workshop looks plush too! Lol!
    Youve got to be comfy when building these boats, well thats what I say to my wife anway........

Quote Originally Posted by wetsleeves View Post
    Youve got to be comfy when building these boats, well thats what I say to my wife anway........
    Hang on, I'll see if that works.....

Oh well, just back from the hospital..... My mum did tell me not to date and hockey chick! Lol!!!!

ok Gents, I'm getting more parts in for the learnng curve of the yellow boat.
    These are parts that I will have to start running the boat on, then much more serious parts will come to max her out...
    2 x 8XL Feigao
    2 x HiModel 200 amp esc's
    2 x X442 r/l and X447r/l CMDI Props
    2 x 4, 5 and 6s lipos
    I'm still kinda in the air about the highend setups
    2 x Neu 1527/ 1D's
    2 x esc's
    The problem with the esc's that I'm having is it is so many out there and I want the best of the best for this hull. After she is completed "paint" and all it's going to be a once and awhile runner or mainly a shelf queen. I'm going to start on a Mystic small hull and the starter setup from the medium hull will go in the small and that will be my weekly water hotrod .
    I've been looking high and low and before anyone says "Schulze" I'm all open to opinions but I think they have lost their minds with over pricing!!! $1,059 US Dollars a piece for the XXL 40.300
    I think the MGM's look tempting but whats your thoughts?

you seriously don't need a 40.300...... unless you plan on running some lehner 3060/3080 any time soon or some really big Neu's the controllers i would buy are the 32.200WK or if you dont need them anytime soon you could try the new AS26-170Bl which wont be available to mid February at soonest.. http://www.rc-raceboats-world.de/xos...gler-c-2_12_30

Edit: - Where did you find the Schulze 40.300 for 1000+ $? there 'only' 835 on icare-rc.com
    Hpr 06 / 09 / 150 /185, Mhz Skater H45 hydro.
    Uk SAW record holder

As a matter of fact, the new AS26-1.. has been tested more, and will be sold as 200A esc !
    299 Euro's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerwin Brommer View Post
    As a matter of fact, the new AS26-1.. has been tested more, and will be sold as 200A esc !
    299 Euro's.
    im thinking about ordering another as26-150 to match my original since i cant find one going second hand anywhere guess ill wait till February
    Uk SAW record holder

I was told that the 1527/1D's on 4s with a X447 would pull about 160 amps with that size hull and I intend to go 5s to 6s with that setup for insane speed and maybe even bigger props. Now I've heard that because the CC 240 says 6s " Don't You Believe It!!! " they might pop as quick as you can pull the trigger, So a 150 or 200 amp esc is already out tasked. You figure it is a big hull and she is going to have some weight to her, and you can bet your bottom dollar that she will be doing plenty of power launches (water wheelies) in my hands.
    No offence but she is going in the 100mph range and I can't let all of the guys accross the pond have all of the fun with the big numbers, I want some too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vvviivvv View Post
    Where did you find the Schulze 40.300 for 1000+ $? there 'only' 835 on icare-rc.com
    On there website the funny looking E does satnd for Euros, don't it
    The Currency Converter says 739.00 € = $1,059.50

i don't know how it works but because of the EU they hike the prices up...? any country it is exported too its cheaper? i cant remember 100% but its something like that
    Uk SAW record holder

Quote Originally Posted by vvviivvv View Post
    i don't know how it works but because of the EU they hike the prices up...? any country it is exported too its cheaper? i cant remember 100% but its something like that
    Inside EU they have to add the 19% VAT.
    So selling them out side of EU make them minimum 19% cheaper.

Well gents looks like bringing my mystic hull in the house will be a piece of cake. Wife went into the garage today to hide the kids X-mas bikes and looked right at my mystic hull ( my heart was racing ) and didn't say a word... I was thinking she seen it but she didn't see it because it is also 13 other boats on the shelves and since she hates them all, they all look the same to her. Then she was checking over the bank accounts online and asked "Did I buy something from a MHZ for $180 with the debit card?" I took a deep breathe and told her "yeah, more small parts for boats... all together it will be about $700 but I will do it in 3 parts over the next month." She said " ok, just don't get carried away with that crap again"
    YES, YES, YES!!! There is a God my friends!!!
    Let me explain? About 4 years ago I bought a $4000 60" Bonzi Gas Cat, now I did it on my credit card and she knew nothing about it but while looking for something or another she found the Bonzi invoice PIF and the $h!t hit the fan. Needless to say she took all of my credit cards and left me with a Debit card thats just for me to eat with and or get semi-truck repairs with. I pay myself $300 a week to handle my rc habit and everybody who deals with me knows I'm very creative in getting vendors money for what I want. BTW, my Mystic hull was ordered on a friends credit card... It's ok, you can laugh at me because at times I am a clown!!!

Mate, your being really creative and I cant stop laughing.......
    Your one step ahead, but just be careful.....you know what the female species is like.
    On the other hand my misses has said to me that I can purchase my Jetcat turbines for my large mystic but Im finding it hard to part with my hard earned money.........

Let your wife transfer the money.........haha

now thats a thought........

She just did a paypal to someone for me for a used boat ( I have no clue what the password is ) and I had to answer 20 questions to get her to do it, and it was like pulling teeth!
    Trust me guys, it is all my fault that she is the way she is. I blow money like a suicide bomber!!! I simply run into a hobbyshop and

^ I have said about expensive hobbies, that its better than drinking the money which would be quite realistic option if one is left without any hobbies.

I got the new motormounts in and they fit like a glove in the sponsons may need a tiny bit of shaping to get them in perfect but all of the CNC parts look awesome! The small lip on the front of Neu motors fit perfect in the mounts. This by far sould not be a tough build at all. Kinda like putting a jigsaw puzzle together! I only have one 1527/1D and I ordered it with a 5mm shaft, but the ones I get from OSE will be 8mm. And the more I think about it the more I'm going toward using the XXL 40.300 speed controls. If I get in trouble over this boat I might aswell make it worth the while!
    Anybody know where I can find the ABSOLUTE BEST PRICE on the Schulze XXL 40.300???

that's a real waste of money ! Why not using 24.150's ????

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast