Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystic C5000 M

Default Mystic C5000 M

I'm looking for a really good power setup for the 44 inch hull?
    I was thinking along the lines of -
    2 x 1527/1D motors
    2 x Hydra 240 LV esc's
    2 x x447 L and R Props
    2 x 4s or 5s Hyps 6500 mAh LiPos

I'm very excited to build such a boat and would love to hear your suggestions.
    I've always followed the thoughts of others and have not blown up anything yet, So I'm asking first of all is my setup overkill or do you think it is bound to be a big'ole turtle?

Hull should arrive Wed or Mon. I can't wait to start posting Pics of the build from box to paint to water!!! And hopefully NO SMOKE!!!

You could go the little hotter motors for a twin setup. The 1527 .5Y should be good on 4S, I would not run the 5S on that ESC.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Smile Over Kill

I have the same hull set up with twin 1515 1Y's 2200kv running on 4s per side and I am using Etti 150's.

My plan is to run this set up on 5s per side this week end.

I do think twin 1527 1D's would be over kill, But would be interesting to see some one try it out.

Look forward to seeing what you will end up with.
    HOT RODS ON WATER

Twin 1521 1.5d's on 6s or 1d on 5s for less weight?

running my hpr115 on 1521's and there alot cooler than lehner 1950/7's

i believe this is the same as your boat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqV4F-sSVv4 ....

thanks guys, I think I will go with the 1521/1D's on 4s X2
    I think 40+K rpm's are great and I will play with props for speed till things get close to the magic KABOOM!!
    I was thinking x440's as a starting point.
    Anybody have a idea of what the amp draw would be on that setup?

i don't know if this is correct but about 104 amps constant and 200ish max?

Thank you soo much vvviivvv. I know everyone who thinks highly of Mystic hulls will bash me for this, but I want to use HiModel 200 amp cheapy esc's. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to kill them right off the back!!!

can you post a link to the hi model's? i need 2 cheap brushless esc's for my scale boat saves me switching my good esc's around between boats

If I get smacked on the back of the head for this, I will start shooting spitballs at you!!!
    http://www.himodel.com/electric/HiMo...-200A-BEC.html

IF you are going to go the low cost way with the ESC, I do, then also take a look at the Mystery 200A available on the bay. They are a lot lower in cost than the HM unit and I would suspect just as good.
    I use these and have killed a few due to serious misuse or severe water ingress.

My latest one is now well water proofed down onto a etti cooler plate.

Just a thought.
    See it....find the photos.....sketch it it....build it........with wood

thank you Simon,
    Truth be told I just know they can sell us a esc that will not blow, it won't kill anything and won't let anything die. All of that for the low low price of about $10.00 a unit, and before anybody gets ready to disagree I ask you my fellow boaters to think back to the days of the all mighty 8-track player, cassette recorder aswell as a cd player... they all started off huge in size with a huge price to match and now that they have pulled our chains long enough they have given us the ultimate music device that fits in the palm of your hand and holds more music then you can listen to in 3 yrs of back to back play. Think about it...

Hull came in wed. and it is everything I didn't want!!!!
    I ordered JBS decalls but that don't matter,
    I was going to order a small and large hull aswell, but not now!
    I don't even know if I will complete the boat, because.......

It Is Fuggin Yellow!!!
    sure they said send it back and we will send you out a white one, but why must I come out of pocket to correct someone elses mistake

I'm tellin ya. I posted a while back somewhere that MHZ is loosin it. Send them a complaint and all you get is an auto responder. Their phones dont work half the time and their products are becoming even more odd ball hit and miss. Too bad about the hull but hopefully you an make it work. Still a pretty hull

You were going to paint it?
    Randy
    BBY Racing

True, I was going to paint it. But I got the JBS Stickers so that the painter could use them as a guide to paint them on and use my name KES insted of JBS. Painting the whole hull white is a waste of time and money, for any little scratch will reveal the boats true colors. So the only thing this hull is good for is a Miss Geico Rep. By the way, I hate Miss Geico!

You would think somebody might think, why is this person ordering a geico hull and JBS decalls?............... things that make you go hummm...

Just wondering... why did u choose the mhz hull over swissmodelboat's?

if it's scale... hanspeter is bringing out a scale mystic (115cm) early next year might be worth waiting for same performance as the current hpr115 but more scale looking.

EDIT: could you post some pics of your decals sets? i need to find some ideas for mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon.O. View Post
    IF you are going to go the low cost way with the ESC, I do, then also take a look at the Mystery 200A available on the bay. They are a lot lower in cost than the HM unit and I would suspect just as good.
    I use these and have killed a few due to serious misuse or severe water ingress.

My latest one is now well water proofed down onto a etti cooler plate.

Just a thought.
    can we see a picture of how you water proofed it simon...I have a few of these
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Quote Originally Posted by Tuslow1 View Post
    True, I was going to paint it. But I got the JBS Stickers so that the painter could use them as a guide to paint them on and use my name KES insted of JBS. Painting the whole hull white is a waste of time and money, for any little scratch will reveal the boats true colors. So the only thing this hull is good for is a Miss Geico Rep. By the way, I hate Miss Geico!
    That is a good point fot the white parts of the boat but in the grey and blue it does not matter. I would not paint a hull with out spraying a primer on it first and then the base color.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Ehm, even if you buy a white hull, you wanna spray it white if you wanna go scale !
    Buying a scale hull with scale decals, and then leaving the joint in the hull visible ????
    Nah !

Quote Originally Posted by vvviivvv View Post
    Just wondering... why did u choose the mhz hull over swissmodelboat's?
    I would love to have a HPR but for some reason they never returned my e-mails, just like Team-Lindenau they make a few hulls i'd love to have but I'm not going to just send money all over the world without somekind of verbal communication... they might have went out of business. You never know

Quote Originally Posted by Gerwin Brommer View Post
    Ehm, even if you buy a white hull, you wanna spray it white if you wanna go scale !
    Buying a scale hull with scale decals, and then leaving the joint in the hull visible ????
    Nah !
    Not trying to be a smarty but I just want it to look nice and run fast..... It will never see a show of any sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuslow1 View Post
    I would love to have a HPR but for some reason they never returned my e-mails, just like Team-Lindenau they make a few hulls i'd love to have but I'm not going to just send money all over the world without somekind of verbal communication... they might have went out of business. You never know
    Strange... He is a busy man tho

could you post a link or some pics of the decals please?

Emailing hanspeter about the 115cm Mystic makes no sense, as the hull doesn't excist
    yet.
    Therefore he doesn't answer mails about that hull.

I was looking for a HPR06. When I started my quest to go bigger than thirty-somthing inch fe boat, his site was my first stop...

Ah, okay.
    Would have been a nice hull to.

Gerwin

Is it confirmed that Hanspeter is going to release a 115cm Mystic? Haven't seen anything on his website or heard from anybody....

That would be nice

Thanks

JC

The plans were "put on ice" (as we say in Holland) due to the economic crisis.

Hi Guys,

I Thought id share a few pics of my MHZ Mystic Cat that ive built. I havent ran it yet as Im still waiting on my batteries to arrive.
    Ive also got the large Mystic as well which will be turbine powered.
    Hope the pics work......

Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images

What motors are you planning on running in your smaller boat?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast