Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seaking 180 first run report

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    I am curious as to why you refer to the tx as the "crappy" tactic
    Actually, as soon as I said it, I realized that it wasn't very cool or fair to refer to it that way. [I'm running the Tactic Tx/Rx in six boats while my Fasst is gathering dust on the shelf.] The only two beefs I have with it is : the trim pots are somewhat non-linear, and without model-memory I need to fuss with the trims every time I put a boat in the water- I usually bring six boats to the lake. I have had 3 Rx's fail, but Tower has warranteed them every time. It's very good for the money, obviously !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

LOL you got to watch what you say on camera dude.....lol just ask Obama

when you say rx failure ..they just quit, nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Actually, as soon as I said it, I realized that it wasn't very cool or fair to refer to it that way. [I'm running the Tactic Tx/Rx in six boats while my Fasst is gathering dust on the shelf.] The only two beefs I have with it is : the trim pots are somewhat non-linear, and without model-memory I need to fuss with the trims every time I put a boat in the water- I usually bring six boats to the lake. I have had 3 Rx's fail, but Tower has warranteed them every time. It's very good for the money, obviously !
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

To make amends for my out-of-line statement about the Tactic, I'll wear the Dunce-Cap again. [ It's actually an experimental winch-cover hangover cure ][ And no, it didn't help ]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by properchopper; 11-21-2009 at 10:06 AM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

LOL you got to watch what you say on camera dude.....lol just ask Obama

Roger That !

when you say rx failure ..they just quit, nothing?
    One caught fire and melted. One Sizzled. One Quit & smelled funny. In all cases I tend to believe that the power supplied by the CC BEC I was using was too much for the Rx - even 'tho I programmed the BEC to 5.8 volts, which is what the UL-1 SC puts out and the Tactic comes with the RTR UL-1. I'm now using the internal BEC's with all but one Tactic-equipped boats. I also suspect some water intrusion could have contributed to the failures even 'tho I corrosion-X'd them.

I now enclose the Rx's in these plastic boxes; one is from Office Depot-.99 cents, the other is a box a servo came in. Won't survive submersion, but keeps the spray/slosh off the Rx. Never had much luck with balloons. Since these failures, I've fixed all the small leaks & all boats are now bone-dry.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A bone dry boat is the best solution. I like to use dp270. That stuff is awsome!
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

The prog box HC is selling is for cars and the Marine ESC won't even recognize most of the features.

$89 +8+20 = $117 and the prog box will be the wrong one.

I believe I priced mine fairly. No matter, they are all gone and thanks to everyone!

The Turnigy-labeled SC on HK's site seems identical to the Seaking, BUT the HK programming card that they show only has Running Mode, Drag Brake Force, and LVC. The Hobbywing-branded card that I got with my SC from Jim has :
    Running mode, Cell count, LVC, and a choice of 8 timing values. Mo' better !
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Love that pic! I hear Santa's looking for a few good elves! Haaar, couldn't resist!

To make amends for my out-of-line statement about the Tactic, I'll wear the Dunce-Cap again. [ It's actually an experimental winch-cover hangover cure ][ And no, it didn't help ]
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    The prog box HC is selling is for cars and the Marine ESC won't even recognize most of the features.

I believe I priced mine fairly. No matter, they are all gone and thanks to everyone!
    Thank you too, Jim.

yup you are right sailr...beleive i am the cheapest sob in the forums and yous was the best deal for sure

plus the fact when they all start smoking we dont have to fuss with china,,,,we can rent a bus and all just show up in your front yard.....

SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

I agree about the bus !!

Thank you too, Jim.
    A thank you from me too. The two 180's will be run HARD and if they survive they will probably be among the fastest of its kind :-)

Very cool Tony, and what fantastic water for running on, I hope our lake is as calm as that today.
    Ps ...you ever thought of being a voice double for Tommy Chong
    Just kidding :)

Heath

Quote Originally Posted by Heath M View Post
    Very cool Tony, and what fantastic water for running on, I hope our lake is as calm as that today.
    Ps ...you ever thought of being a voice double for Tommy Chong
    Just kidding :)

Heath
    Don't apologize! He did some VO's for Chong... on some not so main stream movies, HAHAHAHAHHA.

:::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Eeeeeeeeeek! Guess I'm gonna need some security!

yup you are right sailr...beleive i am the cheapest sob in the forums and yous was the best deal for sure

plus the fact when they all start smoking we dont have to fuss with china,,,,we can rent a bus and all just show up in your front yard.....

Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

no i didnt include shipping, living in the land down under all rc parts are brought from overseas. sails deal was a great one for those in the u.s

Eeeeeeeeeek! Guess I'm gonna need some security!
    Not to worry- I don't like buses ever since I had to ride to school on the little one !
    If mine fails, I'll just mail it back to you- (with a jar of Vaseline).

One of my buyers didn't follow through so I have ONE (1) of the new revamped Seaking 180A ESC's left! Price including the program box is $115 shipped and insured in the U.S.A. Outside the U.S.A. add $20.

I have SIX of the 120A's for $100 including the program box, shipped and insured in the USA. Add $20 for outside the USA

PM me for paypal info.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

PM sent Sailr

The LAST 180A sold. Still have the 120A's.
    Last edited by sailr; 12-01-2009 at 11:27 PM.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

My second 180A has run flawlessly for a year, excluding the freezing seasons of course. I am eagerly expecting a HV version but they told me they've thought about it but has no schedule.

Sailr, do you still have any of the 120A with the p-box left? Thanks

I have SIX of the 120A's for $100 including the program box, shipped and insured in the USA. Add $20 for outside the USA

PM me for paypal info.
    HPR115 x2 ,Dark Horse Shovel, Delta Force CyberStorm, Delta Force Sniper 23-RTR:

Sorry, all sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by westbeach View Post
    Sailr, do you still have any of the 120A with the p-box left? Thanks
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

sailr are you getting more 180's in with the prog box ???

Not unless business picks up a lot. I have to order a minimum of 50 pieces to be able to buy direct from the factory. Big investment.

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    sailr are you getting more 180's in with the prog box ???
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Don't get me wrong, I think my Seaking 180 is a nice speedy for the money, BUT today the BEC circuit quit. It works fine with a rx pack 'tho. Oh well.

I never use the built in bec if i'm running over 3s on ANY esc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12