Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seaking 180 first run report

Default Seaking 180 first run report

Since experiencing a slight thermal issue with the CC 240LV on the 31" H&M [ Neu 15151Y/4S2P/M545]; I decided to try the Seaking 180 I just got from Sailr. Here's my first impressions/results :

1) Sturdy looking, with heavy wires, looks waterproof/resistant. I corrosion X'd the outside exposed contacts just in case, 'tho.

2) Included program card { It's a box } was a piece of cake to use; makes pit-programming a snap [ no Computer + link needed lakeside ]

3) @ 1.5-min. all-out running : 115 degrees. Nice.

4) Throttle curve was VERY VERY nice.

5) Cooling inlets/outlets are 90 deg. from front/back. Could be tough to plumb in narrow tubs. No problem with monos/cats/hydros

I really like this SC, especially for the price. With claimed 180 A continuous/ 360 A burst, it's a great deal, especially if it holds up over time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

i have a seaking 180 and the new turnigy version after the recall..i have not had any issues with mine and i have pushed them with my noob like setups..gotta love that simple program card...thats the best thing..i am glad my etti 150 grenaded because i could not stand programming that thing

I mounted mine the other way, thus the water inlet/outlet are in line with the centerline of the boat. EASY to hook up!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I have at least ONE Seaking 180 left to the first taker. The guy who reserved it won't answer the emails. Price is $115 including the program box and insured shipping in the U.S.A. Outside the U.S., add $20.

SOLD!
    Last edited by sailr; 11-21-2009 at 10:54 AM.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I will take it Jim ...... sent you a PM
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

properchopper was 115 deg at the caps or cooling plate ?

Here is the video guys...

Last edited by Ub Hauled; 11-21-2009 at 01:36 AM.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Scott, I seem to recall that it was both. The electronics are housed in a plastic box underneath the cooling plate, so the board temp would likely have been higher. Next time I'll temp-scan the underside to get more data. Jan filmed the scan, & when he posts the vid it'll show the actual temps.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

there it goes

Last edited by Ub Hauled; 11-21-2009 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Scott, I seem to recall that it was both. The electronics are housed in a plastic box underneath the cooling plate, so the board temp would likely have been higher. Next time I'll temp-scan the underside to get more data. Jan filmed the scan, & when he posts the vid it'll show the actual temps.
    thanks for that
    was running my meanmachine last weekend with a 8xl 4s 1p m545
    normally temps at the cap are around 120-125 after 1.5 min on a mystery 200a non water cooled just a small fan
    it has been fine till last weekend till i blew the esc, my run was just over 1.5 min and i had just put it back togethor after a paint job
    just debating if its worth trying a 180a turnigy as i can get them for $89

wow $89 AUS? fantastic!

lol no $89 u.s or $97 a.u
    still not bad for a 180 amp water cooled esc that can be programed with a $8 box

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie-crawl View Post
    still not bad for a 180 amp water cooled esc that can be programed with a $8 box
    seriously!

yea do you have a hobby king account ? once i sign in it drops from $129 down to $89

yup... just saw it....
    video #2 uploaded

The Turnigy-labeled SC on HK's site seems identical to the Seaking, BUT the HK programming card that they show only has Running Mode, Drag Brake Force, and LVC. The Hobbywing-branded card that I got with my SC from Jim has :
    Running mode, Cell count, LVC, and a choice of 8 timing values. Mo' better !
    Attached Images Attached Images

i had a seaking one it does allow timing change it just has a diffrent sticker i think
    $115 with programing card shipped thats a good deal
    have they fixed the low voltage cut off issue ? or was that maybe just the 120s

[QUOTE=ozzie-crawl;140826]thanks for that
    was running my meanmachine last weekend with a 8xl 4s 1p m545= QUOTE]

hmm thats alot of prop for an 8xl... no wonder the esc went poof.

yes maybe a bit to much but it sure was fun and got it really moving. probably be okay for 1 minute run, i just ran it a bit to long

yes maybe a bit to much but it sure was fun and got it really moving. probably be okay for 1 minute run, i just ran it a bit to long
    440/3 works good on that motor. I liked it anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Since experiencing a slight thermal issue with the CC 240LV on the 31" H&M [ Neu 15151Y/4S2P/M545]; I decided to try the Seaking 180 I just got from Sailr. Here's my first impressions/results :

1) Sturdy looking, with heavy wires, looks waterproof/resistant. I corrosion X'd the outside exposed contacts just in case, 'tho.

2) Included program card { It's a box } was a piece of cake to use; makes pit-programming a snap [ no Computer + link needed lakeside ]

3) @ 1.5-min. all-out running : 115 degrees. Nice.

4) Throttle curve was VERY VERY nice.

5) Cooling inlets/outlets are 90 deg. from front/back. Could be tough to plumb in narrow tubs. No problem with monos/cats/hydros

I really like this SC, especially for the price. With claimed 180 A continuous/ 360 A burst, it's a great deal, especially if it holds up over time.

these look nice were do you get them?

i dont want to jack properchoppers thread but yes i normally run a
    m440/3 or a pranther 215
    they m545 has been okay, i think the problem was were i run is usally fairly rough water and the MM runs very well, but the day i was running the water was rather flat but there was a very high wind running across the surface, the boat goes well when running with the wind but against it the wind rams to much air up the tunnel causing the rear to lift (small hop) causing the prop to load and unload
    this is my theory any way as every other time were the water is choppy and no huge wind blowing it runs fine with temps at the caps and end motor bearing around 120-125 deg after 1.5 min run

hobby king http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...hless_Boat_ESC
    but if sailer has any more he has them for $115 posted with a programing box
    if im correct

if you are refering to the price from hobby city for frequent members how do you get it shipped for free?

my price is $89 also but its 20 bucks to ship it to usa
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    there it goes

I am curious as to why you refer to the tx as the "crappy" tactic

You got it. Sold to TTH

I "MAY" have more. Still waiting for responses.

Quote Originally Posted by tth View Post
    I will take it Jim ...... sent you a PM
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Yeah! I resemble that remark. I use Tactic radios and they are GREAT. No, they are not a computer radio but 'back in the day' we didn't have them and we learned to set the boats up mechanically. EASY EASY EASY! I especially like the fact that the tactic receiver has NO ANTENNA! Hoooray!

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    I am curious as to why you refer to the tx as the "crappy" tactic
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Yeah! I resemble that remark. I use Tactic radios and they are GREAT. No, they are not a computer radio but 'back in the day' we didn't have them and we learned to set the boats up mechanically. EASY EASY EASY! I especially like the fact that the tactic receiver has NO ANTENNA! Hoooray!

yes I love my tactic after using spektrum dx3.0 and having issues with runaway boats

for any amount of money I find it works great and yes no antenna is thick thick iceing

I'm just wondering if chopper knows something that we havnt discovered yet about the tactic

You are correct but that price is shipped in the U.S. If outside the U.S., you need to add $20.

hobby king http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...hless_Boat_ESC
    but if sailer has any more he has them for $115 posted with a programing box
    if im correct
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast