Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 70 mph DF 33

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Pissing comp hey !! A bit of support mate may just get a good job on that 2047,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Hey just get Douggie to do it!!
    No Douggie is going to paint my props. That is what he does best
    Several boats in various stages of destruction

the only picture i have seen of douggie is with a scale tug boat
    he makes his props from bent up soda cans

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Only half a sheet Douggie,
    I know no more about props than the next guy, I will say I have tested and modified and tested and modified and tested again over the last 5 years or so I have been doing my own props, I know what tip cup, edge cup, back cut, bar cut, detounging and progressive pitch SHOULD do to a given application and just lately have been using a prop duplicator to help replicate. I have spent countless hours with a rigger, hydro, mono and a a heap of packs and a heap of props with my ball pliers at the pond with the data logger and gps to find what works for me. I make note of conditions, wind, chop etc. I am still amazed at how two supposedly identical props will behave just so slightly different!! I am a firm believer in more diameter and less pitch for choppy conditions with suitable mods to concentrate thrust, more pitch on hydro style hulls and the lift I have found to be hull and CG specific,
    So Douggie I know stuff all compared to Brian and the likes but my best mates and myself do not have slow boat between us.
    Cheers
    Boasting now!!
    Andy, I wish I had that type of expertise, all I can do is sharpen and ballance, but painting
    Take care, love and kisses

Douggie

The DF 33 had 2 different tests today. One on 5s and one on 4s.
    No new record on 5s but acting on Andys advice I rotated the rudder bracket 180 degrees and this moved the rudder closer to the center of the hull. This has gone a long way to fixing my problem of the boat always pulling to the right. Also the hull seems more stable at speed for some reason but I did not want to push it too hard on 5s. It still did 114 kph or 70.84 mph with a little throttle left to pull.
    On 4s my top speed was 99.5 kph or 61.83 mph and that is a new fastest speed for me on 4s with this boat. Both tests were with an M645 prop and I know a 47mm prop would move the boat better on 4s. I will brown nose to Andy and get him to work some magic on a suitable 47 mm prop and see how fast we can get this thing going on 4s.
    Thanks to all you guys who contributed with help on the handling problem. Douggie the mod you suggested will happen when I get time. I think moving the rudder back a little will help a lot too.

On 5s

On 4s

This will probably be the last time this boat and radio are seen together as I have ordered a Spektrum radio with both telemetry and marine receivers.

Glad to hear it has done the trick, now if you get the rudder back as well you wont know yourself and may be able to drive in a straight line !!!! Well that is a big ask mate but you never know

Hi Xzessperated,
    I see you have some really kick-but boats and i really do enjoy watchin your vids and especailly listening to your narration!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuslow1 View Post
    Hi Xzessperated,
    I see you have some really kick-but boats and i really do enjoy watchin your vids and especailly listening to your narration!!!
    Thanks Ken. I love anything fast, especially women
    Is that you riding the hog in your profile picture? Looks like a nice bike

Quote Originally Posted by Xzessperated View Post
    Is that you riding the hog in your profile picture? Looks like a nice bike
    Yes indeed, that would be my corner turner..... If I showed you a pic of it now sitting in the corner of the garage with a flat front tire and 2 inches of dust on it, you might want to punch me. I haven't riddin it in over 3 years because my rc boats and rc drag cars have consumed me.

The new hatch cover (yet to be painted) as manufactured by Thanks Rob.

Paddy I think it should be painted Packer Green ... and not by Douggie!
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    Paddy I think it should be painted Packer Green ... and not by Douggie!
    Good idea about the color Chuck.
    Anyone seen Douggie? I am a bit worried about him. He is not posting much and has complained about nothing since he got his box back. He cant be boating as I guess his water is hard by now. I hope he is happy and well, no matter what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzessperated View Post
    Anyone seen Douggie? I am a bit worried about him. He is not posting much and has complained about nothing since he got his box back. He cant be boating as I guess his water is hard by now. I hope he is happy and well, no matter what he is doing.
    Me too ... Maybe he has found a replacement for Dolly and is to busy for the likes of us now.

I was hoping my comment would bring him out.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Well I love that new hatch. Another great product from Aust !!!! I think Rob should market these along with the MM cowls.
    Now for Douggie I have it on good advise he is busy with some one who lives in the same building

I have been busy getting my pad up to snuff and I just bought a VW Jetta with a 2.0L turbo with DRG trasmission, it is supose to arrive arrive Jan 27. Paddy it will make your Saab look like a piece of crap. Then I will start building my Wiesel Graupner scale boat and then start berating the marsupials, fire fighters who could not light a barby even if their life depended on it and other North American idiots Doby and Chuck are excused.

Love you all

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    I have been busy getting my pad up to snuff and I just bought a VW Jetta with a 2.0L turbo with DRG trasmission, it is supose to arrive arrive Jan 27. Paddy it will make your Saab look like a piece of crap. Then I will start building my Wiesel Graupner scale boat and then start berating the marsupials, fire fighters who could not light a barby even if their life depended on it and other North American idiots Doby and Chuck are excused.

Love you all

Douggie

Thanks for posting that Douggie. I was a bit worried about you.
    I agree about the VW. I used to work where they sell the Vee Dubya (Texas translation) here. The finish of the VW is better than a BMW IMO. Nice cars. You will pull some birds with that set of wheels. I guess that is why all the work on the pad.
    Take the pretty ones around the block and then home to the cot. Good thinking.

Any Pics of the inside set-up

A mono will pull to the right as will a hydro because of torque steer from the prop. You have to shimm the strut over to pount to the left to fix that. I can't believe nobody has mentioned this untill now.
    I have a cybersorm with a 1515 1.5Y and is no were near that fast. I think you have a 1y myself. However, my boat was very fast when I ran it at the saws with a 1527 1D on 6s and a 645 prop. My top speed was 80 mph.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    A mono will pull to the right as will a hydro because of torque steer from the prop. You have to shimm the strut over to pount to the left to fix that. I can't believe nobody has mentioned this untill now.
    I have a cybersorm with a 1515 1.5Y and is no were near that fast. I think you have a 1y myself. However, my boat was very fast when I ran it at the saws with a 1527 1D on 6s and a 645 prop. My top speed was 80 mph.

Mark
    Mark,
    Thanks for the info about shimming the strut. I have a modified Cyberstorm coming soon and I will incorporate that into the build.
    I agree with you about the motor being a 1Y motor. It was sold to me as a 1.5Y and was labeled as such but it goes too well for that.
    I know you have been around since the days of Dick Crowe (in fact I have an old video that Dick took of you I believe) and I have seen a video of one of your fast mono's (over 80 mph) so your input is much appreciated.

For the guy that asked for the pic of the inside I am posting the picture below. I am a messy builder and use lots of epoxy but I do not apologize for that. This build has survived many blow overs and that is what I want.

One of the many spills this hull has survived
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6WGGaxEoj4

What are the settings on the Hydra ??
    Prince 25 8XL,Delta force 29 8XL, SV27,Rio 51,Mini Rio,Stock Miss Geico m445,ERBE,Baja 5B SS, Hyper ST, Castle Emaxx.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234