Thread: How to put a youtube video in a thread.

Default How to put a youtube video in a thread.

To embed or see a video within a post, TRY the following.

First upload your video to www.youtube.com

than on the right side of the youtube video page you will find a box marked "url". Copy the text in the field.

For example it will look like this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pNKBuz1MaQ

Then copy everything after the "watch?v=".
    So in the above example we will use 2pNKBuz1MaQ

Then type the following but use yt instead of xx
    [xx]insert what you copied above[/xx]

So in the above example we will have this
    [xx]2pNKBuz1MaQ[/xx]

And if all goes right you will see the video below.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Ok, now I need a cool short rc boat video to use above, instead of that 6 minute one. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Steven Vaccaro

Like this?

Edit: Here it is in real time - all 4 seconds!
    Last edited by egneg; 11-17-2009 at 03:48 PM.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    Like this?

I like it, do you happen to have it in full speed? Reason I ask is some new people may think its not working right if they see it in slow motion.
    Steven Vaccaro

THANKS, I HAD TRIED THAT AND IT WOULD NOT GO. i WILL REVIEW WHAT i DID. i EMBEEDED IT TO MY SITE AND NO PROBLEMS BUT FIGURED IT WAS BLOCKED FROM HERE. lOOKS LIKE IT WORKS FINE.

Sorry for the caps but not going to retype

Your the Man Steve!
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    THANKS, I HAD TRIED THAT AND IT WOULD NOT GO. i WILL REVIEW WHAT i DID. i EMBEEDED IT TO MY SITE AND NO PROBLEMS BUT FIGURED IT WAS BLOCKED FROM HERE. lOOKS LIKE IT WORKS FINE.

Sorry for the caps but not going to retype
    Jeff they are two different processes. Take a re-read on how it needs to be done in the forum and you will find its much different than a website.
    Steven Vaccaro

Thanks for allowing us to use the Embed feature.
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Its really not so much a vb feature, more of a programing change that I didnt know was possible. I thought at first I needed to update the vb forum. But I found some info while surfing on how to allow it. vb forums do all kinds of cool stuff, problem is that its all "Greek" to me. lol
    Steven Vaccaro

Cool ! Here's my Phil Thomas SS21 first time out. It's running nose heavy. Prop was bouncing a little.

Default miss geico genesis

I don't get how to post having a picture of the video rather than showing a link you need to click on...?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

this is actually old and no longer correct.

Now its easier. Just look at the icons when you post, there is a small one that looks like a old film.

Click it and it will pop open a window with directions.
    Steven Vaccaro

what a pity! I even cant get into WWW.YOUTUBE.COM

I don't know what the fuss is all about? Getting a link or getting a picture of the clip is the same thing, who ever wants to watch would have to click, either on the picture or on the link.
    First you need to upload to you tube, that's how I did it. Then copy the link and paste it here .
    Again, am I missing something as usual?
    Your YOUTUBE link doesn't work, try lower case. www.youtube.com

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    I don't know what the fuss is all about? Getting a link or getting a picture of the clip is the same thing, who ever wants to watch would have to click, either on the picture or on the link.
    First you need to upload to you tube, that's how I did it. Then copy the link and paste it here .
    Again, am I missing something as usual?
    Your YOUTUBE link doesn't work, try lower case. www.youtube.com
    Hi tlandauer, thanks for your suggestion. I think may be the IP problem, because I typed and copied both link, youtube is restricted here.

I am sorry that you have restriction with YouTube, it is sometimes easy to take freedom for granted. I apologize to you if I came across as being insensitive.

Dont be, I appreciate your enthusiasm!

Quote Originally Posted by May Liu View Post
    Dont be, I appreciate your enthusiasm!
    Welcome ( 欢迎) and I hope you will be here on the Forum frequently!

I am so excited that you understand Chinese. I am newbie of Forum and RC boat, and speak poor English, we just call it Chinglish.

I am so excited that you understand Chinese. I am newbie of Forum and RC boat, and speak poor English, we just call it Chinglish.
    Your English is really excellent! Yes, I know about Chinglish, but overall the level of English in China is very good. Years ago I went to Japan and I expected the English level to be very high, to my surprise at least the conversational ability was just about the same. ( as in China)
    Which part of China is GD, is it Guangdong province? Land of all ESC and brushless motors!

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Your English is really excellent! Yes, I know about Chinglish, but overall the level of English in China is very good. Years ago I went to Japan and I expected the English level to be very high, to my surprise at least the conversational ability was just about the same. ( as in China)
    Which part of China is GD, is it Guangdong province? Land of all ESC and brushless motors!
    Haha, I have been to Japan last year, to attend my friend's wedding. When I asked some questions of their products in the shop there, nobody understood me. I am not sure whose problem it was. myslef or the saleslady? or both of us?
    Yes, I'm from Guangzhou city, Guangdong province. There are 1-2 factories producing good ESC and motors. It seems that you really know China very well.

Haha, I have been to Japan last year, to attend my friend's wedding. When I asked some questions of their products in the shop there, nobody understood me. I am not sure whose problem it was. myslef or the saleslady? or both of us?
    Yes, I'm from Guangzhou city, Guangdong province. There are 1-2 factories producing good ESC and motors. It seems that you really know China very well.

Anyway, I just noticed that this is a sticky, I am not sure if it's like a normal thread, this serves as a tutorial post. This is more like a notice board, I am sure we can start another post if you have any questions in general.
    I thought 深圳 ( Shen Zhen) is the place for most of the RC Hobby factories , hard to imagine all those brands are in one place.
    Last edited by tlandauer; 05-31-2013 at 03:31 AM. Reason: provide translation for Shen Zhen---where most ESC's and Brushless are made

shame....

I think the "YOUTUBE" just bans the IP comes from China!